Author Topic: Prepare for Battle  (Read 624 times)

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
Prepare for Battle
« on: May 13, 2016, 06:49:31 PM »
So we officially have Battlefield 1, set in WW1, coming out in October. I'll have to look into getting it for the PC, never really bothered with keeping my console platforms up to speed. I hope they get back to the original style and feel of Battlefield 1942, with enhanced graphics and details of course. It will be my first computer game purchase since BF2142. The trailer looks pretty intense as it probably has a lot of emphasis placed on confined, fast-paced mayhem.

For the record - the trailer music almost killed the game for me.

http://youtu.be/c7nRTF2SowQ
https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/battlefield-1-reveal
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Prepare for Battle
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 07:01:14 PM »
Battlefield 1 will be in an alternative-history version of WW1.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 01:43:30 AM »
I loved BF1942 (except for the planes, which I *HATED*).  I have not been keen on other genres and didn't get any of the other Battlefield series.

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 02:12:50 AM »
Bad company 2 was good. The rest not so much. BF4 didn't even freakin work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2016, 09:26:47 AM »
BF2 was a classic as was Bad Company 2.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 11:04:11 AM »
I loved BF1942 (except for the planes, which I *HATED*).  I have not been keen on other genres and didn't get any of the other Battlefield series.

BF1942 was my first introduction to online multi-player gaming. Offline I coulde easily tally up a K/D ratio of 30:1; online however saw that inverted, mostly attributable to poor wireless satellite connection and lag for me. I'd completely exhaust my ammunition chipping away at enemy planes (getting no damage results) just to have something blow me away before I even knew I was getting shot at. Finally realized I had to lead the target by three pane lengths just in order to register a hit as shooting at the plane on my computer screen would get me no where  - that is frustration at its finest.
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 02:20:37 AM »
Used to play call of duty before bf. This was when guns were not lazers in cod mw1. Awesome game when it came out. Now they are hurting and battlefield timed perfectly what cod players have been asking for but not received. They want 90 dollars to get the newest game and remastered version of cod mw1. A ripoff since most peeps only want to get it for the remastered version at what is pretty much 30 bucks on top of a 60 buck new game and your only getting half the maps that it originally had. Which has many people going mad because they are betting on having to pay more for dlc maps that it should already have.

THE TRAILER HAS OVER 1 MIL DISLIKES FOR HEAVENS SAKE!   :bhead

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 05:48:59 AM »
What is with the ridiculous outfits?  WW1 meets ????
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 07:07:57 AM »
I found what i was looking for in BF BC2 when COD first started releasing the same crap every year.  Then BF went that direction with BF3, BF4, and to a lesser extent BF Hardline (which I didnt even buy because BF4 sucked so bad).  Hopefully BF1 isnt the same glitchy COD esqe mess that was BF3 and 4

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 10:27:41 AM »
I feel ya shotgunely. As a society we do tend to glorify war.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 08:21:26 PM »

This.

It means we're getting old Brooke!

Lunch in Bellevue tomorrow? I'm off, willing to make the travel north around 10am!

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2016, 02:02:18 AM »
This.

It means we're getting old Brooke!

Lunch in Bellevue tomorrow? I'm off, willing to make the travel north around 10am!

Howdy, Rip.

Sorry, I didn't get this until now (after the fact), but I wouldn't have been able to make it.  Work is in Bothell, so I can make about as far south as Redmond on work most work days.  I am usually available Mon, Wed., Thursday for lunch with 1 day notice.  When we meet up, lunch (and a beer if you want it) is on me!  :aok