Author Topic: the lengths some people go...  (Read 17030 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: the lengths some people go...
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2016, 09:11:26 PM »
fugitive i have been here since 2006 or 2007.  game play is still the same.  people complain about gangtards, bomb****s, hordes today just as they did back then.  maybe lower numbers now but gameplay wont ever change.

the illusion that way back then it was different is astonishing.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2016, 11:08:42 PM »
fugitive i have been here since 2006 or 2007.  game play is still the same.  people complain about gangtards, bomb****s, hordes today just as they did back then.  maybe lower numbers now but gameplay wont ever change.

semp

Ya.  Been here pretty much since beta with maybe a year .5 worth of breaks now and then.  The only thing I see that has changed.. ~a lot~ is the game the game types as recently demonstrated by he who's name shall not be spoken.   
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2016, 11:38:50 PM »
Instead of learning to be better at the game and winning fights, they are happy getting 1 or 2 kills with 35 minutes of gas flying at 39K and darting off at the sign of loss advantage.

So you're saying they're happy but in your opinion they're doing it wrong? 

And the guys doing it right are unhappy?   :headscratch:

:D

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2016, 12:14:48 AM »

and how would playing in the DA or SEA really relate to the main arena? Nothing like it and so that player is either an idiot or trolling, neither of which some people would want to waste my time reading and considering their opinion/view point.

I have been here since tour 21, game play.... not the game has change drastically.

i think the playground for us to play on has a lot to do with it... huge maps, more bases than players.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2016, 06:29:30 AM »
When things are slow in the air;

Try to sneak a field capture.  That usually stirs the pot.

Master dive bombing.

Try to master a tank.

Search for CVs to kill.

Learn to use ship guns.

When hordes hit your base sneak back to their base and takeout the troops.

Lots of things to do in AH.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2016, 07:21:00 AM »

Master dive bombing.

Try to master a tank.

Search for CVs to kill.

Learn to use ship guns.

Or move on because NONE of those involve fighter combat.  ACES HIGH becomes sneak and peek.  Bah, no point trying to actually explain to you guys what we are actually talking about.  You always seem to think that things non fighter pilot based are worth doing

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2016, 07:33:32 AM »
Or move on because NONE of those involve fighter combat.  ACES HIGH becomes sneak and peek.  Bah, no point trying to actually explain to you guys what we are actually talking about.  You always seem to think that things non fighter pilot based are worth doing

I think both parts of the game are important. There is something for everyone.

I just think many BnZers in the fastest planes at the highest alts are making the fighter aspect to the game boring during times with low #s. They think they are cool for doing it. I think their game style sucks and is a false sense of happiness. If you get 1 kill every 30-45 minutes at 35K, how is that even fun?
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2016, 07:53:02 AM »
I agree Violator - but there is no way we can compress the fight enough to negate the runners

Offline FishBait

• Copper Member
« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2016, 09:21:13 AM »
I personally don't understand the mentality of players who enjoy 'winning' games like AH by spying, ganging, hoarding, bombing/bailing, and running to ack / friendlies every time they're threatened with a good 1-1 fight. But it appears the players I just described are the majority, so griping about it is only going to increase their twisted sense of self accomplishment. They actually take pride in achievements others earn for them. How are you going to argue with that brand of logic?

Just last week I logged in anger after a couple long-term players I had previously respected showed their true colors. Either the disease is catching or they were always infected. Regardless, finding a good fight is getting harder these days, and my interest in searching for one continues to wane. Apparently cartoon lives and cartoon scores are the only thing keeping some player's egos alive. They won't give you a fight if there's a chance they might lose. Sad, but true.

I'm just grateful for the players who DO fight here (you know who you are).

« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 09:24:33 AM by FishBait »
-== Hell Hounds ==- Official Pooper Scooper

I've got 99 problems, but a HO aint one.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2016, 09:39:25 AM »
Bah, no point trying to actually explain to you guys what we are actually talking about.  You always seem to think that things non fighter pilot based are worth doing

HiTech.  Please cancel all arena's except the DA, and all aircraft models except "fighter pilot" based ones.  Ya, because all that other crap is not worth having and all those people who DO like it are too stupid to know better. 

"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: May 24, 2016, 12:58:15 PM »
Fess, I use to think like you.  I even made post about how much I hated the Crater map because it sucked the air war dry.  One day, I caved in, then spent quite bit of time being killed over and over again in the crater.   Then I got a kill then two then three.  I realized that tanking is just like air combat.  it takes cunning and guile to kill tankers like Jinx, Dr7 and others like them.  Not that i bet them very often but I can now and then sneak up on them on a good day.

I still enjoy the air war but tanks is a close second.   

Then they are those damn torpedo planes and boats.  Who can master those?

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #101 on: May 24, 2016, 03:37:39 PM »
Dark confession to make since I really hacked off a bomber pilot according to his PM.

Yes, I did in fact end sortie and ditch my disabled tank after you took out my tank engine and were diving for the kill lining up another drop.  I ditched so I could up a wirb quickly and watch your A20 turn into a sparkling burst of pixels.

I do apologize for enjoying it as much as I did though. If it's any consolation, one of your tanks killed my wirb.
Ground Pounders ...

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: May 24, 2016, 03:42:19 PM »
Dark confession to make since I really hacked off a bomber pilot according to his PM.

Yes, I did in fact end sortie and ditch my disabled tank after you took out my tank engine and were diving for the kill lining up another drop.  I ditched so I could up a wirb quickly and watch your A20 turn into a sparkling burst of pixels.

I do apologize for enjoying it as much as I did though. If it's any consolation, one of your tanks killed my wirb.

He gets it!  It's about the killing.  :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2016, 04:47:24 PM »
He gets it!  It's about the killing.  :aok

That's right...its about killing...I agree also its about the fight...a fight of anykind that you can stir up....also agree that no one wants to chase a fighter at 30k...unless his name starts with a "R" and ends in an "aiper"...then I will do all I can to climb into outer space to come in on top of him to see him run to his field ack or friends.... :rock
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2016, 07:41:14 PM »

semp

ya but from what Ive read you use to drink a lot too so I'll trust my memory a bit over yours  :neener:

Master dive bombing.

Try to master a tank.

Search for CVs to kill.

Learn to use ship guns.

Fess answered you well, some players don't want to do those other things. They PAY their subscription the fly fighter planes and fight other players.

HiTech.  Please cancel all arena's except the DA, and all aircraft models except "fighter pilot" based ones.  Ya, because all that other crap is not worth having and all those people who DO like it are too stupid to know better. 

Your an all or nothing type of guy aren't you.

You cant conceive of players that like to fight <----- PLEASE NOTE fighting could mean attacking a buff formation, chasing away the attack on a buff formation, attacking other planes trying to dive bomb GVs, attacking the planes trying to shoot down those trying to attack the dive bombers.

Instead you get lawn darts, runners who do nothing but drop dar and flee, or let their buffs die, or buffs that fly so high it takes hours to get up there to take a shot. Fighters who hide NOE and bail when spotted, or if they make it to the target are using the planes only as fast bomb trucks.

Years ago it was all about the fight. We had players like wldthng and others who would take on all comers, and more often than not take them all out. There wasn't this "FPH" crap, you knew who the top guys were because they fought well. Youasked for help and they were happy to chat about fights as they flew out to the furball. They would meet you and have a fight off to the side of the furball and more often than not others would let the fight play out. There was FRIENDLY trash talk across channel 1, and it was channel 1 because nobody abused it and so didn't offend other players. Now we need channel 200 to tune across countries so you KNOWINGLY put yourself in the position of the garbage we get to see today.

Once the land grab got started back in the day we FOUGHT for bases. Missions had buffs, cap, heavy fighters and goons. The defenders would up to defend and try to shoot down the attackers. Often it turned into a furball half way between the attacking and defending bases. The LTARS would defend with OSTYs. Rarely did you drop fighter hangers or bomber hangers. If the LTARs were there the VH had to go down  :devil

Then it started to change. Fighting for the base got too hard for some and so they ran NOEs. Defending got too hard for others and they would up LA7s and do nothing but scream along the ground hunting goons, only shooting at another plane if it happened to cross its nose. NOEs got so bad that HTC dropped the dar to the deck and increased the circle by almost double. You were on dar almost as soon as you went wheels up. HTC relented a few weeks later and we have the dar setup we have today. M3s came along and seeing as they are harder to find and for many who have a problem with bouncing off the ground harder to kill, they replaced the Goon as the troops carry of choice and so the LA7 use dropped off.

Sure we had the HOers, vulchers, pickers, runners and so on but it was a much smaller percentage of the players doing that. Back then it was the norm to fight, now it is the norm to run and hide.