Author Topic: the lengths some people go...  (Read 17211 times)

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
Re: the lengths some people go...
« Reply #150 on: May 26, 2016, 08:10:16 PM »
I witnessed this...

No you did not. Unless your F4U was made by the Yakovlev design bureau ;), as I've already stated in my previous posts:

In one case I was fighting a Yak-3 at 22-23K and some carrier fleet towered me with its magic puffy clouds.

In your case I got ack dragged. Wasn't the first time, won't be the last. Under the circumstances, my fault. Still was a rather anticlimactic end to our encounter. If that puffy flak wasn't there you would have made other choices. Maybe even elected to fight me.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #151 on: May 26, 2016, 08:14:04 PM »
These threads always end up in a purse fight. SMH
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #152 on: May 26, 2016, 08:15:45 PM »
Oh, and yeah, the flak did kill me. PW+oli+just about everything else got hit. I had no chance of surviving to a friendly field. Couldn't even make the carrier that killed me.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #153 on: May 26, 2016, 08:41:58 PM »
These threads always end up in a purse fight. SMH

Funny, I didn't think I was arguing anything.  Just making a couple points:

1) Puffy ack is generally not as lethal as he was making it out to be if you are actually maneuvering.  (In response to: "I've spent some time in the MA flying the 109G-6. I've been shot down four times. Only one of those deaths were to another human player.")

2) Sometimes the other guy doesn't do what you want him to do, and that's not the other guys fault.

As for this comment:
If that puffy flak wasn't there you would have made other choices. Maybe even elected to fight me.

Yes, I would have extended in a different direction and then come back to fight you, as I did the first time you bounced me.

If you don't expect every enemy to remain under your perch when they have other options, then you'll be disappointed less often.

No argument on my end.
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #154 on: May 26, 2016, 09:39:19 PM »
That would have been a much better conclusion to our encounter, regardless of who would have emerged victorious.

As for your "actually maneuvering" comment: In real life a course change or alt change once every minute would have kept me all but safe from flak.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #155 on: May 27, 2016, 09:42:16 AM »
  Oddly... some folks who tend to whine about other people running, always seem to show up to their so called fight with distinct advantages in aircraft, altitude, firepower or numbers.

Just saying.   

"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline FishBait

• Copper Member
« Reply #156 on: May 27, 2016, 10:44:47 AM »
  Oddly... some folks who tend to whine about other people running, always seem to show up to their so called fight with distinct advantages in aircraft, altitude, firepower or numbers.

Just saying.   

Incorrect.
-== Hell Hounds ==- Official Pooper Scooper

I've got 99 problems, but a HO aint one.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #157 on: May 27, 2016, 12:12:32 PM »
Incorrect.

Correct

Or, do you in fact believe that ALL whiners-about-runners ALWAYS show up with NO advantage? Or, did you (I suspect) dispense with reading the material, and proudly oppose my position in ignorance?   :rolleyes:

« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 12:18:12 PM by Tumor »
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #158 on: May 27, 2016, 12:19:31 PM »
There are many legitimate reasons for running. And whining about runners is generally just silly.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #159 on: May 27, 2016, 02:22:53 PM »
Incorrect.

1. Sadly Tumor is correct in this case because of his shrewd use of "some people", there is hypocrisy present on occasion by a small number of vocal "runner" whiners.

2. Tumor what is your ingame handle?
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #160 on: May 27, 2016, 02:31:08 PM »
to expect to get kills just  because you show up to get kills is silly.  I have killed a lot of people who have turned and ran when they lost the advantage.  then i see them whine here on the bb about others running.

I'll fight you when I feel like it or kill you when I feel like it.  I'll run when I feel like it.  say what you want about me.  I dont really care.  I play this game the way I think it's fun for me.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #161 on: May 27, 2016, 03:02:46 PM »
And that's exactly the way you should play the game. Any game. You're not responsible for anyone's fun but your own.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #162 on: May 27, 2016, 03:26:44 PM »
And that's exactly the way you should play the game. Any game. You're not responsible for anyone's fun but your own.

Perfect attitude! The hell with everyone else! Your opinion, and semp's, are the only correct way to go about this game right?

I fly with friends, and I will dive in the "save" them if they want me too even tho I know neither one of us will make it out. If I were to have your attitude or play like you my guess is Id be pushed out of my squad for being a "dock".

I fight friends, If I had that attitude my guess is Id be in the same boat as some players like oh I don't know, a certain spit8 flyer, of that guy who seems to always park his/her jeep in the oddest places.

I always thought making the game fun for friend and foe alike makes it fun for more people which then makes it easier for all those people to continue to play.

Oh thats right, you havn't been playing much and are only back for the scenario. You said this....

"How fun. I'm not sure I want to give these people my money. In fact I'm pretty sure I don't."

So is that the only reason your not going to stick around, it isn't fun?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 03:30:05 PM by The Fugitive »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #163 on: May 27, 2016, 03:30:29 PM »
At least the small hand full of guys in the beta are not coming in here to whine about chasing other guys 4 sectors on CraterMA while harassing them on ch1 about running away. To make things worse those geniuses didn't report a bug as the result of jumping one of the ch1 chest thumpers by a runner's two country men. He was more concerned about not getting his fight than looking for bugs, then rage quit the beta arena. He never noticed his map icon didn't die with him after he hit the ground because he was in a rage over a runner. This game seems to double as RageAholics anonymous.

All the energy being spent on this post could be helping get AH3 live looking for bugs in the beta.......... :O
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #164 on: May 27, 2016, 03:53:43 PM »

:aok

Enlightened self-interest.   :D