Author Topic: the lengths some people go...  (Read 17216 times)

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Re: the lengths some people go...
« Reply #240 on: May 29, 2016, 10:09:23 PM »
But thats my point, if your running, vulching, hoing "that makes you laugh" is what is causing other players to cancel their subscriptions then you are part of the problem.

So please sir, present us with your supporting data.  :P
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #241 on: May 29, 2016, 11:19:50 PM »

Obviously sarcasm/irony/satire is lost on you as it makes perfect sense to me.

We are awed in your presence.

- oldman

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #242 on: May 30, 2016, 12:59:33 AM »
Welcome to the best WW2 and WW1 combat experience online!

GET STARTED!
- With the best unfounded ego simulator
- Engage in land, sea, or air combat fantasies of grandeur
- Create your own disturbing online persona
- Form a gang
- Find griefing action 24 hours a day
- Participate in historical excuses for protecting your ego
Free download. Free 2 week trial, Free forum access.
No credit card required for free trial. No evidence required to support hubris.

:banana:
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #243 on: May 30, 2016, 02:25:24 AM »
The point is "we" ALL as players CAN make this game better for all of us. Some by not running at the first sign of a fight, others  by detuning 200, some by not bailing from their bombers when a fighter comes into icon range.

It is up to the players to make the game more fun. If we don't people will just continue to leave and with out the influx of new players that STAY the population will continue to drop until it gets to a point that no body shows up to play.

Little problem here. You don't know what will make the game better for ~everyone~.  You especially do not have a grasp on what is "fun" for ~everyone~.  See, I can comfortably say these things because, I'm pretty sure you're not an omnipresent all knowing universal force of nature... thingymajob.  You're just a guy, or gal or (your choice I guess) whatever, spouting off your opinion as though it were fact... in your quest to make the game more fun for YOU.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #244 on: May 30, 2016, 02:34:39 AM »
It may have. Though I highly doubt it. Regardless. It definitely wasn't the encounter I was referring to.

Ok, well... I was the pony who you fixa-chased a sector to to your death after killing one of two other ponies who had recently taken off on exactly the same night you said you did that.  Only flaw in your side (to the best of my memory) is, I never fired at you.  I fired at a 190 EARLIER.. maybe that's it.  I dunno, maybe you were a little tipsy or something and aren't remembering quite right.  Oh and, why is it when you fly yourself into trouble and die... the killers are coward or clown? :neener:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 02:40:31 AM by Tumor »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #245 on: May 30, 2016, 02:38:27 AM »
To quote a line from THE GREAT SANTINI : "Let it go, Tumor--it just ain't worth it."

I think Semp said it well earlier.  When we turn with airplanes that are better than ours in that regime and extend/reset when it is clear we are going to get clobbered if we don't...that's called "running" to a lot of these fools.

A ridiculous assertion. 

They just want freebies.   That they don't get them is all the more satisfying when I see the whining on 200 and the forums. 

”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #246 on: May 30, 2016, 02:42:00 AM »
To quote a line from THE GREAT SANTINI : "Let it go, Tumor--it just ain't worth it."

I think Semp said it well earlier.  When we turn with airplanes that are better than ours in that regime and extend/reset when it is clear we are going to get clobbered if we don't...that's called "running" to a lot of these fools.

A ridiculous assertion. 

They just want freebies.   That they don't get them is all the more satisfying when I see the whining on 200 and the forums.

lol, I know V.  It's just that... I enjoy watching ego-induced-tantrums SO much! :bolt:

I would add, the whine is a very (IMO) good reflection of today's insta-gratification bs you can't seem to get away from any more.  I'd even say THAT likely has more to do with players leaving than anything else mentioned in this thread.  Attention spans just aren't what they used to be.  Eye candy is all too important, and oh golly... WORK at it?  pffffft. :old:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 02:51:25 AM by Tumor »

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #247 on: May 30, 2016, 08:04:35 AM »
Ok, well... I was the pony who you fixa-chased a sector to to your death after killing one of two other ponies who had recently taken off on exactly the same night you said you did that.  Only flaw in your side (to the best of my memory) is, I never fired at you.  I fired at a 190 EARLIER.. maybe that's it.  I dunno, maybe you were a little tipsy or something and aren't remembering quite right.  Oh and, why is it when you fly yourself into trouble and die... the killers are coward or clown? :neener:

If you were then you completely fabricated about 3/4 of our version of the story.

I rarely drink. And when I do drink, it even more rare I drink enough to get even tipsy or drunk.

I wasnt complaining about the killers. Only about the runners. You didnt kill me. So....
You rarely see me even comment about fights. Win or lose one way or the other.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 08:07:52 AM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #248 on: May 30, 2016, 08:18:21 AM »

I don't remember seeing you do that.  Ever.  I think you're making it up.

- oldman

Hey Oldman! I flew a P51-D in the MA one time, honestly
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #249 on: May 30, 2016, 08:28:04 AM »
i find it interesting that people will b**ch, moan and complain about game play but will do nothing to make it better. they refuse to change their tactics just to make it a little more fun for the other guy. they think that score is the end all to the game so when you go to the cartoon pearly gates, you can enter because you have enough "points". I find it even more interesting that there are 17 pages of complaint's, whines, and arguments. all it would take is a slight change in behavior, to make it fun for everyone. Yet everyone refuses to change, cause its their $14.95!

This game and these boards could be so much nicer, if people would stop letting their testosterone get the best of them and try to compromise a little.
Heres a thought, don't ho on the FIRST pass.... after that its fair game. or don't run until you've engaged and lost the advantage. and those of you who chase the runners, turn tail and give him a chance to get back into the fight with a little more E. just a couple of simple changes and everyone would be a lot happier.

I get to some of you its about emersion, I get to some of you its only a game and a distraction. I even get that some of you suck at it(like I do) but you want to get kills. look at my score, ive been playing about 10 years, I haven't even broken 1000 on fighter kills. so what!, its about fun. id rather die 10 times to a crappier player and make him like the game better, then to kill him once and leave a bad taste in his mouth about the game.

Maybe people should be less critical, and try to get along and make it better! stop the name calling and the anatomizations and start teaching each other, helping each other, and making it a better game! the happier the players, the more players you have.

how many have left the game cause their not happy? just something to think about.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 08:44:40 AM by captain1ma »

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #250 on: May 30, 2016, 08:36:04 AM »
lol, I know V.  It's just that... I enjoy watching ego-induced-tantrums SO much! :bolt:

I would add, the whine is a very (IMO) good reflection of today's insta-gratification bs you can't seem to get away from any more.  I'd even say THAT likely has more to do with players leaving than anything else mentioned in this thread.  Attention spans just aren't what they used to be.  Eye candy is all too important, and oh golly... WORK at it?  pffffft. :old:

Aren't you the guy who purposely ran all rook CV to get sunk even with other players asking you not to?

Not very sporting or good for player retention.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #251 on: May 30, 2016, 08:45:35 AM »
i find it interesting that people will b**ch, moan and complain about game play but will do nothing to make it better. they refuse to change their tactics just to make it a little more fun for the other guy. they think that score is the end all to the game so when you go to the cartoon pearly gates, you can enter because you have enough "point". I find it even more interested that there are 17 pages of complaint's, whines, and arguments. all it would take is a slight change in behavior, to make it fun for everyone. everyone refuses to change, cause its their $14.95!

this game and these boards could be so much nicer, if people would stop letting their testosterone get the best of them and try to compromise a little.
heres a thought, don't ho on the FIRST pass.... after that its fair game. or don't run until you've engaged and lost the advantage. and those of you who chase the runners, turn tail and give him a chance to get back into the fight with a little more E. just a couple of simple changes and everyone would be a lot happier.

I get to some of you its about emersion, I get to some of you its only a game and a distraction. I even get that some of you suck at it(like I do) but you want to get kills. look at my score, ive been playing about 10 years, I haven't even broken 1000 on fighter kills. so what!, its about fun. id rather die 10 times to a crappier player and make him like the game better, then to kill him once and leave a bad taste in his mouth about the game.

Maybe people should be less critical, and try to get along and make it better! stop the name calling and the anatomizations and start teaching each other, helping each other, and making it a better game! the happier the players, the more players you have.

how many have left the game cause their not happy? just something to think about.

I like your thinking.  Just the other week me and an ex squad mate got into it.  We did not know for sure who was who...if you get what I mean.  But I was a 51 all night long and he was a Spit 9 all night long.  Same area same targets. not hard to work out.

So we went at it.  lol I turned and turned and I swear I hit him enough but alas eventually he got me.

Fact is it was a fun fight and I lost.  But I had a good time.

POINT IN QUESTION - it took BOTH of us to create that moment.  Actually, more to the point it took me, in my pony to make that moment.  Because I chose to get down and dirty with a Spit 9.  I know the way to beat him is to use speed.  he is slow.  I had fun turning with him.....I lost....but I DO SWEAR if the 50 cals on the 51 were better I would have got him  :p

Fun fight.  BUT - it was because we both knew each other and there was never going to be some ego crap after.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #252 on: May 30, 2016, 08:51:05 AM »

GET STARTED!
- Form a gang

Greatness.

Notice the specific people sidestepping it and pretending its not here, lol
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #253 on: May 30, 2016, 09:00:30 AM »

GET STARTED!
- Form a gang

:rofl
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #254 on: May 30, 2016, 09:07:31 AM »
So please sir, present us with your supporting data.  :P

I don't keep records so hard facts are a bit tough to come by. I do however know of many people who have quit the game due to the lack of fights, HOin, and general "bullying" over 200. It comes with being here for years and actually being friends with other players.

Little problem here. You don't know what will make the game better for ~everyone~.  You especially do not have a grasp on what is "fun" for ~everyone~.  See, I can comfortably say these things because, I'm pretty sure you're not an omnipresent all knowing universal force of nature... thingymajob.  You're just a guy, or gal or (your choice I guess) whatever, spouting off your opinion as though it were fact... in your quest to make the game more fun for YOU.

Don't have to be an omnipresence, simple logic will suffice. I know that may be a bit over your head but he goes. Last tour a player not capturing a base in a goon ranked in the 1300's. One year before the same player is ranked in the 1700's. That means there were 400 less players to tie for last place. This means either 400 players are now flying goons and getting through at least once, or that there are less people playing. Even if we split evenly that is 200 people less in the game.

Now, as to why they are leaving, I think we can be pretty sure it's not because they are having a blast! HTC has some exit data Im sure, but he isn't going to share and rightfully so. I do know that those friends I used to play with and have left told me why they did. There list runs the gambit of those complains we see her time after time..... runners, ack huggers, bailers, HOers and other "lame" game play.

A ridiculous assertion. 

No I think players just want other players to play. If your in a pony and lose your advantage you don't need to run to ack or extend beyond icon range. Where talking players who avoid any action at all cost here, not those using their planes to their advantage. Running off the map so people cant shoot you isnt using your plane to your advantage, it's gaming the game. Bailing your buff before a fighter gets into icon range so you don't have to fight nor give a free proxy isn't using your plane to its advantages, it is gameing the game again.

i find it interesting that people will b**ch, moan and complain about game play but will do nothing to make it better. they refuse to change their tactics just to make it a little more fun for the other guy. they think that score is the end all to the game so when you go to the cartoon pearly gates, you can enter because you have enough "points". I find it even more interesting that there are 17 pages of complaint's, whines, and arguments. all it would take is a slight change in behavior, to make it fun for everyone. Yet everyone refuses to change, cause its their $14.95!

This game and these boards could be so much nicer, if people would stop letting their testosterone get the best of them and try to compromise a little.
Heres a thought, don't ho on the FIRST pass.... after that its fair game. or don't run until you've engaged and lost the advantage. and those of you who chase the runners, turn tail and give him a chance to get back into the fight with a little more E. just a couple of simple changes and everyone would be a lot happier.

Exactly, it's not like anyone is looking for a life style change here, just a few tweaks to make the game more fun for everyone.