Author Topic: the lengths some people go...  (Read 17226 times)

Offline FishBait

• Copper Member
Re: the lengths some people go...
« Reply #255 on: May 30, 2016, 09:26:38 AM »
Heres a thought, don't ho on the FIRST pass.... after that its fair game. or don't run until you've engaged and lost the advantage. and those of you who chase the runners, turn tail and give him a chance to get back into the fight with a little more E. just a couple of simple changes and everyone would be a lot happier.

I routinely give up alt & e advantage to motivate reluctant players to engage in a fight. In my experience, if they're avoiding a fight in the first place, nothing you do is going to change that. They might try a HO pass, then back to ack they go. They either have heart or they don't.

-== Hell Hounds ==- Official Pooper Scooper

I've got 99 problems, but a HO aint one.

Offline FishBait

• Copper Member
« Reply #256 on: May 30, 2016, 09:27:42 AM »
Welcome to the best WW2 and WW1 combat experience online!

GET STARTED!
- With the best unfounded ego simulator
- Engage in land, sea, or air combat fantasies of grandeur
- Create your own disturbing online persona
- Form a gang
- Find griefing action 24 hours a day
- Participate in historical excuses for protecting your ego
Free download. Free 2 week trial, Free forum access.
No credit card required for free trial. No evidence required to support hubris.

:banana:

:rofl  :aok
-== Hell Hounds ==- Official Pooper Scooper

I've got 99 problems, but a HO aint one.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #257 on: May 30, 2016, 09:35:15 AM »

GET STARTED!
- Form a gang

Heyyy!!

I was seriously messed up the other night. Was drinking for hours. Note: it's better to drink and fly AH than be drunk driving. I haven't drank like that in a long time,  buts a long weekend ;). I will say my disturbing Ego got the best of me. Wasn't having a particularly good night in the skies either. Sometimes I have to release my anger and frustration on a silly game so I don't take it out on the important things.
Sometimes I'm a nice guy, sometimes I'm a clown dickass. I love being competitive in this game, and I fly extremely aggressively. If I flew easy planes and killed everyone all the time, and never died, It wouldn't be fun for anyone, nor would I allow them the chance to ever shoot me down. Then that would limit me getting angry, but you wouldn't have anyone to laugh at when I got mad. I'd prolly leave because the lack of competition is more important to me than if the game or people make me angry. Getting a good score in easy planes isnt challenging anymore for me. If I get top 5 fighters flying a P51B, thats success for me. If I get angry, that just means I have more practice to achieve in the harder planes. If you never challenge yourself, you will never get better. If you never learn different styles of flying, you will never get as many kills. I am attempting to get better at all the styles and all of the planes, so I think people for the most part other people enjoy fighting me, or getting the opportunity to gang me when ever they get a chance. At least they have a chance to fight me most of the time.

If I'm a dickass, I'll call out the people running for me 1v1 or attempt to laugh at them over 200 when they have alt and E and don't even engage me anymore after 2 overshoots. It just cracks me up. Instead of winning fights with the advantage, theyed rather hit the X button and fly straight. I just don't really understand it sometimes.

It's okay, you can make fun of me nrshida, for my ignoramous the other night at 5am. Hehehe my brain was on the floor.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 09:45:21 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #258 on: May 30, 2016, 10:04:35 AM »

GET STARTED!
- Form a gang

dude...

:angel:

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #259 on: May 30, 2016, 10:19:08 AM »
Heyyy!!

I was seriously messed up the other night. Was drinking for hours. Note: it's better to drink and fly AH than be drunk driving. I haven't drank like that in a long time,  buts a long weekend ;). I will say my disturbing Ego got the best of me. Wasn't having a particularly good night in the skies either. Sometimes I have to release my anger and frustration on a silly game so I don't take it out on the important things.
Sometimes I'm a nice guy, sometimes I'm a clown dickass. I love being competitive in this game, and I fly extremely aggressively. If I flew easy planes and killed everyone all the time, and never died, It wouldn't be fun for anyone, nor would I allow them the chance to ever shoot me down. Then that would limit me getting angry, but you wouldn't have anyone to laugh at when I got mad. I'd prolly leave because the lack of competition is more important to me than if the game or people make me angry. Getting a good score in easy planes isnt challenging anymore for me. If I get top 5 fighters flying a P51B, thats success for me. If I get angry, that just means I have more practice to achieve in the harder planes. If you never challenge yourself, you will never get better. If you never learn different styles of flying, you will never get as many kills. I am attempting to get better at all the styles and all of the planes, so I think people for the most part other people enjoy fighting me, or getting the opportunity to gang me when ever they get a chance. At least they have a chance to fight me most of the time.

If I'm a dickass, I'll call out the people running for me 1v1 or attempt to laugh at them over 200 when they have alt and E and don't even engage me anymore after 2 overshoots. It just cracks me up. Instead of winning fights with the advantage, theyed rather hit the X button and fly straight. I just don't really understand it sometimes.

It's okay, you can make fun of me nrshida, for my ignoramous the other night at 5am. Hehehe my brain was on the floor.

Dickass. I like that.

A good perspective.  Yet a majority of the people I know will die in most fights and have adapted.  Say settled in their skill set.  Not so much they are not challenging themselves but doing what they enjoy, winning.  Sometimes winning regresses to running home, or staying inside away from the dying.  It is all referenced to the individuals ability to have fun.  Doesnt mean I cant be a dickass tho, I get upset when my fish gets away.  :old:

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #260 on: May 30, 2016, 10:52:07 AM »

Aren't you the guy who purposely ran all rook CV to get sunk even with other players asking you not to?

Not very sporting or good for player retention.

Well, if you got there late, got half the story, made up what I was thinking and why I was doing it, then come here to the boards with bias already in place... yes icey, that's exactly what happened. 

"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #261 on: May 30, 2016, 11:25:40 AM »
I don't keep records.

You could have stopped right there.  Look, it's obvious you aren't going to offer anything other than opinionated rhetoric to support your claims.  I do understand, but what you're saying would only work out in a game-world where you were Supreme Dictator in Charge.  Look, maybe I can offer an analogy that will help... no malice here, just think about it:  People who think like YOU do (RL), cause people who think in ways "other than you do" to establish basic "rights", so people like you can't force your "way" onto "them".  In OUR case though... we have a supreme ruling head honcho in-charge King who's ~far better informed that you our I~ and makes all the decisions regarding how the game is played.  Now from "MY" POV, having been here "mostly" since 99 or 2000 or whenever, HO's have been whined about, Runners have been whined about, Lame <insert whatever you want> has been whined about, and we are where we are. 

I would GUESS that the decline in numbers has more to do with shifting societal interests regarding online gaming, than your local AH HO/Runner/etc.  There are a multitude of things ~I~ would love to see HTC do that would massively increase my interest in AH.  The strategic side in ~my~ world, is the fun side.  It's also severely lacking, regarding the possibilities.  This means, sadly, if I'm hauling bombs to conduct a precision strike somewhere and you show up looking for a fight... tough doody, I have things to do that do not include you.  But, I don't whine about it (too much), and I certainly do not try and have MY way forced upon YOU.  If HTC bungs up what I consider fun, bye!  But this would be directly contrary to what YOU are proposing.  See how that works? See, you WIN, but me and a number of MY friends would probably depart, so everyone loses.  So far, we still have a fairly good balance, as evidenced by HTC's decisions on game-play over the last what... 17 years? 
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #262 on: May 30, 2016, 01:19:29 PM »
  You could have stopped right there.  Look, it's obvious you aren't going to offer anything other than opinionated rhetoric to support your claims.  I do understand, but what you're saying would only work out in a game-world where you were Supreme Dictator in Charge.  Look, maybe I can offer an analogy that will help... no malice here, just think about it:  People who think like YOU do (RL), cause people who think in ways "other than you do" to establish basic "rights", so people like you can't force your "way" onto "them".  In OUR case though... we have a supreme ruling head honcho in-charge King who's ~far better informed that you our I~ and makes all the decisions regarding how the game is played.  Now from "MY" POV, having been here "mostly" since 99 or 2000 or whenever, HO's have been whined about, Runners have been whined about, Lame <insert whatever you want> has been whined about, and we are where we are. 

I would GUESS that the decline in numbers has more to do with shifting societal interests regarding online gaming, than your local AH HO/Runner/etc.  There are a multitude of things ~I~ would love to see HTC do that would massively increase my interest in AH.  The strategic side in ~my~ world, is the fun side.  It's also severely lacking, regarding the possibilities.  This means, sadly, if I'm hauling bombs to conduct a precision strike somewhere and you show up looking for a fight... tough doody, I have things to do that do not include you.  But, I don't whine about it (too much), and I certainly do not try and have MY way forced upon YOU.  If HTC bungs up what I consider fun, bye!  But this would be directly contrary to what YOU are proposing.  See how that works? See, you WIN, but me and a number of MY friends would probably depart, so everyone loses.  So far, we still have a fairly good balance, as evidenced by HTC's decisions on game-play over the last what... 17 years?

Maybe you should read a bit farther into the post than stopping at the first line.

What Im suggesting has nothing to do with any changes made by HTC, they are players making small changes in how they play. Example, your making your "precision strike" and I dive in on you. You have a choice, dump the bombs and fight, or try to continue on your mission. Dumping the ords would be my choice from either side because it would be a fight..... which is more fun to me. But say you choose to continue on to you target. I chase you. You make your run and then what? Do you just keep running hoping I get bored and stop looking for a fight from you or do you come around and fight it out? From the point of "good game play" I would hope you would turn back and fight it out. These are the type of changes I'm looking for. Strategically Im looking to stop your precision run as well as the hope I get into a fight.

I have been here since Oct 03 and yes there were complaints about HOs and running back then. Back then all of us AW guys always fired on a HO. It wasn't a dangerous move as the hit percentage was so small, so why not. But here in AH how ever a good aim can damage your plane very well. I remember the "shaming" of everyone who fired on a HO. The AHers were all over us new guys. Yes it did happen, but was heavily frowned on. Today it is the norm, not a once in a while thing. Nor do we see the "shaming" on 200 for the HOs like we use to, why? because most people HO now as their first line of attack, it is their "go to" move. They aren't going to complain about others as it is their move too.

Im not asking HTC to make any changes, heck I even like the graphics we have now. All I'd like to see is players who, while having the fun they want, help out others have fun too by not doing the lame crap that gets people aggravated and quit the game.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #263 on: May 30, 2016, 01:38:51 PM »
Notice the specific people sidestepping it and pretending its not here, lol

I think they're presently engaged in an internet argument and can't hear us. Different frequency. We've all been there right?  :old:

It's okay, you can make fun of me nrshida

Never. The AoM are a bunch of uneducated, hairy, abrasive, cowboy hat-wearing, gunslinging, whisky-drinking, rough-arsed American Football player types*. And one would be hard-pressed to find a group of players who have carried the torch of promoting skilful dogfighting unerringly for so long.

I salute you.

* Yes indeed, I have quite a visual imagination

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #264 on: May 30, 2016, 02:12:36 PM »
To quote a line from THE GREAT SANTINI : "Let it go, Tumor--it just ain't worth it."

I think Semp said it well earlier.  When we turn with airplanes that are better than ours in that regime and extend/reset when it is clear we are going to get clobbered if we don't...that's called "running" to a lot of these fools.

A ridiculous assertion. 

They just want freebies.   That they don't get them is all the more satisfying when I see the whining on 200 and the forums.

Really? D9's turn better then ponies now?
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #265 on: May 30, 2016, 02:21:57 PM »
  Well, if you got there late, got half the story, made up what I was thinking and why I was doing it, then come here to the boards with bias already in place... yes icey, that's exactly what happened. 

LMAO. Dont know exactly what happened. But whatever it is based on the way I see YOU tell your side of events.
Im far more likely to believe just about anyone elses version of a story...ANY story.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #266 on: May 30, 2016, 02:31:14 PM »
Greatness.

Notice the specific people sidestepping it and pretending its not here, lol

Actually we are ignoring it because it wasn't very funny.   Two points for effort, though.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #267 on: May 30, 2016, 02:32:23 PM »
Really? D9's turn better then ponies now?

Did I say that?   Looks like someone is having a moment...   :O

(But since you broached the subject, the Dora is more than a match for the Pony.   Superior in most areas.  Near-to-par in the rest.) 

Carry on.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 02:38:04 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #268 on: May 30, 2016, 02:40:14 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 01:43:37 PM by Skuzzy »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #269 on: May 30, 2016, 02:45:45 PM »
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 01:44:16 PM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
The Damned