Author Topic: the lengths some people go...  (Read 17252 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: the lengths some people go...
« Reply #270 on: May 30, 2016, 02:49:12 PM »

Never. The AoM are a bunch of uneducated, hairy, abrasive, cowboy hat-wearing, gunslinging, whisky-drinking, rough-arsed American Football player types*. And one would be hard-pressed to find a group of players who have carried the torch of promoting skilful dogfighting unerringly for so long.

I salute you.

That hits the nail right on the head. Its nice that we fit in somewhere hahaha.

That being said, Batfink is a true God.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #271 on: May 30, 2016, 02:57:29 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 01:44:37 PM by Skuzzy »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #272 on: May 30, 2016, 02:58:18 PM »
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 01:45:07 PM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #273 on: May 30, 2016, 02:58:43 PM »
See Rule #2
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 01:45:22 PM by Skuzzy »

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #274 on: May 30, 2016, 02:59:47 PM »
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 01:45:53 PM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #275 on: May 30, 2016, 03:06:50 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 01:46:05 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #276 on: May 30, 2016, 03:19:19 PM »
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 01:46:34 PM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 30, 2016, 03:42:21 PM »
Sigh.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #278 on: May 30, 2016, 03:43:51 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 01:47:22 PM by Skuzzy »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #279 on: May 30, 2016, 03:47:28 PM »
I don't keep records so hard facts are a bit tough to come by. I do however know of many people who have quit the game due to the lack of fights, HOin, and general "bullying" over 200. It comes with being here for years and actually being friends with other players.

Don't have to be an omnipresence, simple logic will suffice. I know that may be a bit over your head but he goes. Last tour a player not capturing a base in a goon ranked in the 1300's. One year before the same player is ranked in the 1700's. That means there were 400 less players to tie for last place. This means either 400 players are now flying goons and getting through at least once, or that there are less people playing. Even if we split evenly that is 200 people less in the game.

Now, as to why they are leaving, I think we can be pretty sure it's not because they are having a blast! HTC has some exit data Im sure, but he isn't going to share and rightfully so. I do know that those friends I used to play with and have left told me why they did. There list runs the gambit of those complains we see her time after time..... runners, ack huggers, bailers, HOers and other "lame" game play.

No I think players just want other players to play. If your in a pony and lose your advantage you don't need to run to ack or extend beyond icon range. Where talking players who avoid any action at all cost here, not those using their planes to their advantage. Running off the map so people cant shoot you isnt using your plane to your advantage, it's gaming the game. Bailing your buff before a fighter gets into icon range so you don't have to fight nor give a free proxy isn't using your plane to its advantages, it is gameing the game again.

Exactly, it's not like anyone is looking for a life style change here, just a few tweaks to make the game more fun for everyone.

by your same logic fugitive a lot of players have quit and lots may not have joined due to your never ending whining about how the game should be played.  and how the game is going down the toilet.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #280 on: May 30, 2016, 04:00:01 PM »
by your same logic fugitive a lot of players have quit and lots may not have joined due to your never ending whining about how the game should be played.  and how the game is going down the toilet.

semp

:rofl  :aok
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline FishBait

• Copper Member
« Reply #281 on: May 30, 2016, 04:02:08 PM »
I think Semp said it well earlier.  When we turn with airplanes that are better than ours in that regime and extend/reset when it is clear we are going to get clobbered if we don't...that's called "running" to a lot of these fools.

A ridiculous assertion. 

Though your words don't quite make sense, I think I understand what you meant to type.

If by 'we' you mean Tumor & yourself, then yes, you're probably right on the money. If by 'we' you mean anyone flying your pick-wagons of choice, there are many good sticks in the game that consistently rack up victories in such planes, fighting against superior-turning aircraft. And that's without 10K of alt advantage, extending out of icon range between HO passes, or running to ack/friendlies.

I understand the concept of flying according to a plane's strengths. The problem with your approach is that you never learn what a given plane is capable of because you never fly it outside your comfort zone. The only strength you're even aware of is speed, and so it's the only strength you ever exploit.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 04:07:31 PM by FishBait »
-== Hell Hounds ==- Official Pooper Scooper

I've got 99 problems, but a HO aint one.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #282 on: May 30, 2016, 04:08:15 PM »
I understand the concept of flying according to a plane's strengths. The problem with your approach is that you never learn what a given plane is capable of because you never fly it outside your comfort zone.

Says who?

I get better every tour.   My envelope of capability is still expanding.  I am taking on planes in close-in turning engagements more and more as I learn angles and gunnery.

But that doesn't mean I am gonna' let some clown saddle up on my six if I can avoid it, nor is there a thing wrong with extending to reset the fight.    I will do it as needed.   Sometimes I press too long or too hard and boom.

Eh.   So what?  Planes, fuel, and bullets unlimited for fifteen bucks a month. 

P.S.-- I am a Dora driver by nature.  I only fly the Mustang because it is a difficult airplane to fly well.  It goes fast.  Everthting else about it is ho-hum. 
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 04:14:11 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #283 on: May 30, 2016, 04:10:00 PM »
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 01:48:03 PM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #284 on: May 30, 2016, 04:28:21 PM »
Actually we are ignoring it because it wasn't very funny.

Got one  :rofl  :banana: :rock

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234