Author Topic: the lengths some people go...  (Read 17294 times)

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Re: the lengths some people go...
« Reply #285 on: May 30, 2016, 04:34:58 PM »
Though your words don't quite make sense, I think I understand what you meant to type.

If by 'we' you mean Tumor & yourself, then yes, you're probably right on the money. If by 'we' you mean anyone flying your pick-wagons of choice, there are many good sticks in the game that consistently rack up victories in such planes, fighting against superior-turning aircraft. And that's without 10K of alt advantage, extending out of icon range between HO passes, or running to ack/friendlies.

I understand the concept of flying according to a plane's strengths. The problem with your approach is that you never learn what a given plane is capable of because you never fly it outside your comfort zone. The only strength you're even aware of is speed, and so it's the only strength you ever exploit.

So again... "we" do something you don't like, in your opinion keeps us from getting better, and definitely denies you a kill shot... so we should do it your way because it's better for you?

Hey thanks for playin but, how 'bout NO. :)
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #286 on: May 30, 2016, 04:37:25 PM »
All I'd like to see is players who, while having the fun they want, help out others have fun too by not doing the lame crap that gets people aggravated and quit the game.

I would have much more fun if you would stick to flying around low slow straight and level so I can kill you.   That's all I'm asking you to do.  TONS of people would have more fun.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #287 on: May 30, 2016, 04:45:01 PM »
LMAO. Dont know exactly what happened. But whatever it is based on the way I see YOU tell your side of events.
Im far more likely to believe just about anyone elses version of a story...ANY story.

I'm sorry... next time I'll make one up where at the end, you win, get the girl and live happily ever after.  Until you find out she's a he, then you call him a cowardly transgender clown and stomp off to your happy place.  :cheers:

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #288 on: May 30, 2016, 04:50:38 PM »
"It is not a toomah!"

Arnold Schwarzenegger, Kindergarten Cop

Game handle: HellBuck

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #289 on: May 30, 2016, 04:57:29 PM »
i find it interesting that people will b**ch, moan and complain about game play but will do nothing to make it better. they refuse to change their tactics just to make it a little more fun for the other guy. they think that score is the end all to the game so when you go to the cartoon pearly gates, you can enter because you have enough "points". I find it even more interesting that there are 17 pages of complaint's, whines, and arguments. all it would take is a slight change in behavior, to make it fun for everyone. Yet everyone refuses to change, cause its their $14.95!

This game and these boards could be so much nicer, if people would stop letting their testosterone get the best of them and try to compromise a little.
Heres a thought, don't ho on the FIRST pass.... after that its fair game. or don't run until you've engaged and lost the advantage. and those of you who chase the runners, turn tail and give him a chance to get back into the fight with a little more E. just a couple of simple changes and everyone would be a lot happier.

I get to some of you its about emersion, I get to some of you its only a game and a distraction. I even get that some of you suck at it(like I do) but you want to get kills. look at my score, ive been playing about 10 years, I haven't even broken 1000 on fighter kills. so what!, its about fun. id rather die 10 times to a crappier player and make him like the game better, then to kill him once and leave a bad taste in his mouth about the game.

Maybe people should be less critical, and try to get along and make it better! stop the name calling and the anatomizations and start teaching each other, helping each other, and making it a better game! the happier the players, the more players you have.

how many have left the game cause their not happy? just something to think about.

Based on your history,  I find this interesting.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline FishBait

• Copper Member
« Reply #290 on: May 30, 2016, 04:58:41 PM »
So again... "we" do something you don't like, in your opinion keeps us from getting better, and definitely denies you a kill shot... so we should do it your way because it's better for you?

Hey thanks for playin but, how 'bout NO. :)

A) It's not my opinion, it's fact. Flying 'high & safe' absolutely, positively retards your development as an (AH) pilot. That's just common sense.

B) You're not denying me anything. I'd much rather die fighting someone who gives a good fight back than waste my time climbing up to 25K for an easy kill.

C) You really don't get it, do you? Everything I and others have suggested is better for YOU. And I'd absolutely LOVE it if you beat the pants off me in a fierce, edge-of-the-seat 1-1. What's better for me - and the game as a whole - is more players who provide a challenge. There's so much more fun and satisfaction in losing a great fight than winning an easy kill. Not that you'll ever know.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 05:00:16 PM by FishBait »
-== Hell Hounds ==- Official Pooper Scooper

I've got 99 problems, but a HO aint one.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #291 on: May 30, 2016, 05:07:40 PM »
"It is not a toomah!"

Arnold Schwarzenegger, Kindergarten Cop

I've never... EVER, heard that before.  So dang funny!  A real knee slapper!  WOohoo  :x :banana: :neener:

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #292 on: May 30, 2016, 05:17:12 PM »
A) It's not my opinion, it's fact. Flying 'high & safe' absolutely, positively retards your development as an (AH) pilot. That's just common sense.

B) You're not denying me anything. I'd much rather die fighting someone who gives a good fight back than waste my time climbing up to 25K for [a...] kill.

High alt fights are like pigs in outer space.   Boring.    And sooner or later the fight goes downhill.   

"We" are usually around 10K.   If you think that's "high and safe" well...  :rofl   But nice try.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 05:21:25 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #293 on: May 30, 2016, 05:31:20 PM »

B) You're not denying me anything. I'd much rather die fighting someone who gives a good fight back than waste my time climbing up to 25K for an easy kill.

C) You really don't get it, do you? Everything I and others have suggested is better for YOU. And I'd absolutely LOVE it if you beat the pants off me in a fierce, edge-of-the-seat 1-1. What's better for me - and the game as a whole - is more players who provide a challenge. There's so much more fun and satisfaction in losing a great fight than winning an easy kill. Not that you'll ever know.

A)  So you assume to know what I've done and not done 100% of the time since 1989 in various "flight sims"....  and come up with "Facts" that I "should" apply to myself to get better.  All while assuming I "care" what your opinions, facts and ideas are, beyond trying to force them on me?  You're a regular "Carnac the Magnificent".
B)  Except a kill shot, or a fight... or whatever it is you think I should be doing.  Your idea, not mine.
C)  Yes I do "Get it".  The only thing not getting got, is the fact that I will not now or ever abide by YOUR demands in this or any other game.  That's all there is to get.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #294 on: May 30, 2016, 05:55:01 PM »
I'm sorry... next time I'll make one up where at the end, you win, get the girl and live happily ever after.  Until you find out she's a he, then you call him a cowardly transgender clown and stomp off to your happy place.  :cheers:

I'd be happy if you just told one that was accurate to the events as they happened. Other then my getting killed. Yours isnt even remotely close and so far off reality. Im willing to state I think you made the entire encounter up.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline FishBait

• Copper Member
« Reply #295 on: May 30, 2016, 06:02:16 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 01:50:42 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #296 on: May 30, 2016, 06:03:01 PM »
by your same logic fugitive a lot of players have quit and lots may not have joined due to your never ending whining about how the game should be played.  and how the game is going down the toilet.

semp

fugitive pm'd just the other night to whine about my 'stick stirring'  and I need to learn how to fly. The reality was I was flying straight and level, I got a late 6 call but that was fine because he couldn't hit a barn door (even with 8 50's in his jug-M). He overshot, underestimated my E (I think he blew a lot of E trying to aim), went vertical and became dora fodder.

Offline FishBait

• Copper Member
« Reply #297 on: May 30, 2016, 06:10:25 PM »
High alt fights are like pigs in outer space.   Boring.    And sooner or later the fight goes downhill.   

"We" are usually around 10K.   If you think that's "high and safe" well...  :rofl   But nice try.

You're either high-alt, in a horde, or hugging ack. Better?

And pro tip: You'll know I'm addressing you when I quote you in my post. Why you feel it's necessary to speak for Tumor I'm not sure. Are you his lawyer, his Dad, or his girlfriend?

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #298 on: May 30, 2016, 06:24:41 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 01:49:52 PM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #299 on: May 30, 2016, 06:26:00 PM »
Whatever dude. It sounds like you're intent on letting the world know that after over 25 years of playing flight sims you still suck.

You're not one to talk, sweet cheeks. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned