Author Topic: Beta 21 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 4412 times)

Offline dmdchief

• Nickel Member
Re: Beta 21 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2016, 01:55:26 PM »
I downloaded dx11 version but it opens using dx9 everytime.,   I unintalled it and then downloaded the full version of dx11 and it still does the same thing.

salute
ab8aac/dmdchief
HAVE THE COURAGE TO STEP UP AND LEAD AND THE PUBLIC WILL FOLLOW

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2016, 02:26:08 PM »
I downloaded dx11 version but it opens using dx9 everytime.,   I unintalled it and then downloaded the full version of dx11 and it still does the same thing.

salute
ab8aac/dmdchief
Go to your start orb, then go to Aces High Beta and click on the DX11 EXE file. They are two different programs.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2016, 03:41:20 PM »
Sound issues:

No bomber engine sounds.

Flap sounds are truncated; don't play the entire sound.

?? length of speed of sound; extraordinarily long.

During AI Mission, more than one kill awarded for the same AI listed.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2016, 03:42:37 PM »
I updated DX and installed the latest beta driver for the Ati 5870. After that I couldn't run the DX9 version because I'd changed the resolution slightly for bezel compensation and it was trying to start in 640x480. I set the proper resolution and the DX9 version runs again but the DX11 version still crashes with exception offset 000d068e.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2016, 04:25:17 PM »

There is a patch of terrain that stretches from directly below the aircraft to a mile or so in front and to the sides where the trees are much darker than the surrounding terrain. This area moves around with the plane as it changes direction and is not present in the DX 9 version.

Initially there was some hesitation as I used the hat switch to change snap views but this seemed to go away after a minute or so.

Otherwise it ran fine without crashing.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2016, 04:29:49 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

There is a patch of terrain that stretches from directly below the aircraft to a mile or so in front and to the sides where the trees are much darker than the surrounding terrain. This area moves around with the plane as it changes direction and is not present in the DX 9 version.

Initially there was some hesitation as I used the hat switch to change snap views but this seemed to go away after a minute or so.

This is some type of shadow issue, do you have shadows enabled or disabled?

HiTech

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2016, 05:00:02 PM »
I've got shadows and everything else turned on/to maximum except environmental mapping which is at one notch.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2016, 05:43:30 PM »
Update:

Went on MS site & downloaded the Directx June 2010 redistribution pack & ran it on my box to reinstall Dx11.

Beta 21 Dx11 version is now working.

:salute

Same here, downloaded the above, installed and now I can open Online as well as Offline.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2016, 08:18:13 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Hi Greebo,

I too had noticed this as well.

I noticed this started to occur when I increased the tree detail slider past a certain point from the far left setting (least detail). When I went in & moved the slider back to the least detail setting position this stopped.

Didn't think much about it until your post & Hitech's response.

Hope this helps.

:salute
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline TheFox

• Copper Member
      • http://www.fox-photography.co.uk
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2016, 03:02:11 AM »
Although the DX9 version updates and runs perfectly, the DX11 version crashes each time I select an arena in online play, and if I select off line practice.

Offline dmdchief

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2016, 08:30:22 AM »
I tried going to the beta file and starting the dx11 exe file but it crashed to desk top, I went and got the june 2010 and installed it and it copied and installed lots of new files but it still crashed to desktop.  I am using win10.

salute
dmdchief/ab8aac

HAVE THE COURAGE TO STEP UP AND LEAD AND THE PUBLIC WILL FOLLOW

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2016, 10:34:23 AM »
The mechanical IPD should feed back to AH. And yes,there is no way to adjust the driver for the dk2.

Does changing the mechanical have an effect?

Also once you enter off or online, you will no longer see a windows cursor. But should see the normal AH cursor in ah.
If you Alt Tab, a windows cursor should again appear.  Is this what you saw or something different?

HiTech

Disregard my post number 8. The cursor does work and the program responds but the cursor position is way below the click point. I was trying the beta 21 again and I would put the cursor on the menu item and nothing would happen but I was just moving the mouse around and I saw a flash of white on one of the clipboard menu items. After that I found the area to move the mouse to make it work.

I also have to change my assessment of the effect of moving the mechanical ipd adjustment. I tried it again and it really had a small to no effect on the double vision. I do not know why I thought so earlier?

Terry

Offline Blade

• Nickel Member
      • Battoutai
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2016, 06:16:48 PM »
bug yet
---------------------------
Who Dares Wins
---------------------------
抜刀隊Blog http://battoutai.blogspot.com
Aces High Wiki Plus! http://www43.atwiki.jp/aceshigh/

Offline DarkHawk

• Copper Member
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2016, 06:39:01 PM »
my DX-11 now working changed texture size to 512 and resolution to 1024/768 loaded and ran when selection of the arena
changed back to 1024 texture and  1920/1080 and it is now working,

now idea what this changed did to cause the DX11 version to work?????????????
49DHawk
XO for BOWL (DHawk)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2016, 09:58:00 PM »
I tried Darkhawk's fix on PC2. I changed textures from 1024 to 512 and DX11 loaded and ran. I set textures back to 1024 and DX11 still loaded and ran.  I did not change my screen resolution. Worked online and offline.