Author Topic: Beta 21 ** DX9 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 2116 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Beta 21 ** DX9 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2016, 01:18:14 PM »
When I tabbed out to check this screen shot, coming back into the game, it sat at a white screen and never recovered. Had to use task manager to end the game.

Triangles on the horizon.

(Image removed from quote.)

The reason I did not see it is it only appears with wider FOV.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2016, 01:59:09 PM »
Perhaps these can make the list?
I couldn't lower the bridge, so I raised the terrain to meet the approach but the GV is blocked once it reaches the water's edge.

Old issue with watercraft not going under bridges
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 02:04:05 PM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2016, 02:07:27 PM »
The reason I did not see it is it only appears with wider FOV.

My apologies, I can start including my FoV, current graphics card, and anything else you might think appropriate. I suspect many of us are tweeking our settings for playability online in CraterMA almost 2 years into this. My gamma is at 1.4 because anything lighter doesn't show noon bright enough from my perspective. I got tired of how dark everything was. I think back in the alpha I reported this same phenomenon and some didn't see it because of being at an FoV lower than 106.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2016, 02:12:12 PM »
When I tabbed out to check this screen shot, coming back into the game, it sat at a white screen and never recovered. Had to use task manager to end the game.

Triangles on the horizon.

(Image removed from quote.)

Where did you take this screen shot?

HiTech

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2016, 02:27:41 PM »
HiTech, any idea on why I'm crashing when I right click on the + sign to zoom the map in? Happens on Dx9 and DX11
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2016, 02:28:40 PM »
Where did you take this screen shot?

HiTech

My gunnery terrain offline. I ran beta 20 build on it in the TE before I did any testing.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2016, 02:31:20 PM »
HiTech, any idea on why I'm crashing when I right click on the + sign to zoom the map in? Happens on Dx9 and DX11
I'll take a wild guess, A BUG?

Look at the new outstanding issues thread, I already fixed it for the next patch.

HiTech

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2016, 02:32:38 PM »
My gunnery terrain offline. I ran beta 20 build on it in the TE before I did any testing.

You have the fog settings out side of their bounds. Hi alt  should no be more the 19 or 20 miles end and 18 for start range.

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2016, 02:38:19 PM »
Hitech,

Just upped offline NDisles and no triangles on the ocean horizon but, a very nice haze to water at the horizon transition. For my terrain I set the fog setting to the maximum possible distance from my POV. Is this a case of me shooting myself in the foot? I will copy the fog settings offline from NDisles over to my gunnery terrain and see if that solves the triangles.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2016, 02:40:29 PM »
Hitech,

Just upped offline NDisles and no triangles on the ocean horizon but, a very nice haze to water at the horizon transition. For my terrain I set the fog setting to the maximum possible distance from my POV. Is this a case of me shooting myself in the foot? I will copy the fog settings offline from NDisles over to my gunnery terrain and see if that solves the triangles.

Max vis distance is 20 miles, what you are seeing is the corners of a box out sidef of a 20 mile circle. Has to do with not updating the terain shadow at more then 20 miles from view point.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2016, 03:01:05 PM »
My bad, just played with it and saw everything you are describing. And 20 miles is the number I ended up with to eliminate an obvious sharp straight line meeting point on the horizon. You have two categories of Fog adjustment in the arena setup. What do they control about what I'm seeing? There are two near and far settings along with the alt setting. Both near and far appear to do exactly the same thing as I watch the haze and horizon morph when I save the setting.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2016, 03:15:51 PM »
My bad, just played with it and saw everything you are describing. And 20 miles is the number I ended up with to eliminate an obvious sharp straight line meeting point on the horizon. You have two categories of Fog adjustment in the arena setup. What do they control about what I'm seeing? There are two near and far settings along with the alt setting. Both near and far appear to do exactly the same thing as I watch the haze and horizon morph when I save the setting.

In real life there is normally a haze layer some where between 3k and 12k. Below that alt your vis range is much less then above it.

So you set thew haze layer with the LoFogAlt, and then the where forging begins and ends for both below layer and above layer.

When looking down at angles it computes the total fog threw both layers.

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2016, 03:18:23 PM »
Thank you, I can play with this now and hopefully not stick my foot in it so badly again. Sorry sir..... :O
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2016, 04:59:56 PM »
Still not able to transition from water to land in an LVT.

While running a GV along the shore (M8), gv stops when it hits the edge of the shore wave.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Doc4

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2016, 09:29:15 PM »
Don't know if it just me but every time I right click on "+" on clipboard the game crashes
Doc4
~~~The Unforgiven~~~