Author Topic: Beta 21 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 4535 times)

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
Re: Beta 21 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2016, 09:44:13 AM »
My machine has DX11.  It runs the DX9 fine.  As a matter of fact when I dloaded and installed this version of the Beta it was from the start Menu.  "Your version is out of date would you like to update?"  I did make that and installed and ran.  It started in DX9.  Had the "fishbowl effect" and deleted the gui.cfg file, restarted DX9 , it is running fine.  When I start AH Beta (using the icon on my desktop, it starts me in DX9.)  To start the DX11 version I have to go to the hitech creations folder where I find an icon for the DX11 version.

Again, when I click to start the DX11 version it takes me eventually to the arena start screen (selection).  I click on Greebos map where one should see the installing of the game files etc. and the game just quits, nothing dloaded it just quits to desktop.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2016, 09:47:22 AM »
Windows 8.1 Pro x64 (2nd W8.1 pc now active with full install today)

App crash to desktop when starting offline or online entering arena. Same event message for both types of crash.

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: ahbeta11.exe
P2: 0.0.0.0
P3: 574748a6
P4: ahbeta11.exe
P5: 0.0.0.0
P6: 574748a6
P7: c0000005
P8: 000d068e
P9:
P10:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 09:57:39 AM by Drane »
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2016, 10:22:50 AM »
my DX-11 now working changed texture size to 512 and resolution to 1024/768 loaded and ran when selection of the arena
changed back to 1024 texture and  1920/1080 and it is now working,

now idea what this changed did to cause the DX11 version to work?????????????

All was working well w\ both Dx9 and Dx11 versions on my box yesterday then all of a sudden the Dx9 version will still run OK but at the opening screen the ingame mouse pointer won't scroll down to the selections now. It stops just above the menus then the mouse pointer will show up in the task bar. When I move the pointer to the right side the ingame pointer also stops approx. 2\3 of the way to the right then the pointer will show up at the far right edge. The only way I can access the menus is to move the clipboard as far to the top of the screen as I can so that the ingame mouse pointer can assess the menus. So far I haven't found the cause of this.

Now after doing this I then tried to run the Dx11 version. The opening screen opens just fine w\ no issues w\ the mouse pointer as I described for the Dx9 version, goes to the online selection screen, select Greebo's MA map then the game crashes. Tried over & over to find out what the issue is as all was working just fine before w\ no success.

Then I read your post, went & changed the texture size in Video Settings from 4096 to 512, saved then went online and all went thru OK. Exited the game OK then restarted Dx11, went in Video Settings, changed the texture size back to 4096 then went online and all went thru OK as well. Exited the game OK then restarted the Dx9 version but got the same weird mouse issue as described above but when I shut it down and restarted the Dx11 version all goes thru just fine now...........

Haven't figured this out yet but am working on this.

I have ran a full scan on my box, including a rootkit scan & nothing was found to date.

No other app\game I have is affected w\ the mouse issue except AH Beta 21 Dx9 version.

Working the issue...............

:salute
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2016, 01:49:35 PM »
Dx11 last version would crash after selecting arena..... This is after deleting the file that caused the fishbowl.

After this update DX11 starts and runs great. DX9 has been running great.

I fly in DX11 most of the time now. I have heard of issues during game but have not experienced any of my own yet.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline brucec

• Zinc Member
      • 249 Sqn RAF "Gold Coast"
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2016, 02:15:04 PM »
Can confirm the same double vision issue as Terry using Oculus Rif CV with the 1.4 software
brucec
249 Sqn RAF "Gold Coast"

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2016, 03:02:24 PM »
After reading a few posts,I decided to give it another go. I opened DX11 and set texture to 512...BINGO, went right through. Changed it back to  1024 and BINGO still went through. Who would have thunk it!!! So far seems it is working great, thanks GUYS
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2016, 04:08:33 PM »
All was working well w\ both Dx9 and Dx11 versions on my box yesterday then all of a sudden the Dx9 version will still run OK but at the opening screen the ingame mouse pointer won't scroll down to the selections now. It stops just above the menus then the mouse pointer will show up in the task bar. When I move the pointer to the right side the ingame pointer also stops approx. 2\3 of the way to the right then the pointer will show up at the far right edge. The only way I can access the menus is to move the clipboard as far to the top of the screen as I can so that the ingame mouse pointer can assess the menus. So far I haven't found the cause of this.

Now after doing this I then tried to run the Dx11 version. The opening screen opens just fine w\ no issues w\ the mouse pointer as I described for the Dx9 version, goes to the online selection screen, select Greebo's MA map then the game crashes. Tried over & over to find out what the issue is as all was working just fine before w\ no success.

Then I read your post, went & changed the texture size in Video Settings from 4096 to 512, saved then went online and all went thru OK. Exited the game OK then restarted Dx11, went in Video Settings, changed the texture size back to 4096 then went online and all went thru OK as well. Exited the game OK then restarted the Dx9 version but got the same weird mouse issue as described above but when I shut it down and restarted the Dx11 version all goes thru just fine now...........

Haven't figured this out yet but am working on this.

I have ran a full scan on my box, including a rootkit scan & nothing was found to date.

No other app\game I have is affected w\ the mouse issue except AH Beta 21 Dx9 version.

Working the issue...............

Update:

After working this issue some more I have found that the AH Beta 21 Dx11 version is auto setting itself in shortcut's Properties, Compatibility tab on my box to disable display scaling in game if it sees high DPI settings (this causes the opening screen to not scale to full screen and this was carrying over to the Dx9 version on initial opening which was causing the mouse issues...even though this is not checked in AH Beta 21 Dx9 version's shortcut Properties, Compatibility tab).

Now in Windows I do have my display scaling setting set for 150% scaling to make the texts and icons easier for me to see on the desktop @ 2560 x 1440 res and I have never noticed this to occur in AH in times past until now.

Now I also do note a dialog box opening on 2 occasions after I had reinstalled Dx11 and fixed the "3D3COMPILER_43.dll is missing" issue and had ran the Dx11 Beta that suggested that I might reset my Windows theme to Windows Basic (to disable Windows Aero...assuming due to either a conflict or due to 3D resources) but I did not do this. When I run the Dx9 version I have never noticed this dialog box to pop up in times past or even now. After the 2nd occasion I haven't seen it show up again.

Once I clicked on upper right box to maximize the screen this rescaled the window which fixed the mouse issue, even if I click the same box to rescale the window back to normal size and all stays fixed until I reboot my box which then the issue starts all over again.

Now that I know what's going on I can work w\ this but it seems that the Dx11 Beta version has an issue w\ desktop display scaling set above the default of 100%. I have unchecked this box, clicked Apply and run the game and upon closing the game then checked this in shortcut's Properties, Compatibility tab and found this setting rechecked so this is being done by the Beta 21 Dx11 version game reading the display settings.

FYI.......................... ........

PS--I also remembered that since AMD's Crimson 16 series drivers there is a setting to set a game's display scaling setting in the game profile and I had this set to Full Panel (this profile works w\ both DX9 and Dx11 versions of AH Beta) so I also set this setting to Off so the Crimson driver won't attempt to set the display scaling as well since the game is auto setting itself by reading the desktop display settings itself.

So far, so good.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 04:24:46 PM by Pudgie »
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2016, 04:38:51 PM »
Update:

Now I know that it was the AMD Crimson driver display scaling setting that was causing the game to "auto select to disable display scaling on high DPI scaling" in Dx11 version shortcut's Properties, Compatibility tab, not AH itself. Doesn't affect the Dx9 version, only the Dx11 version.

Another 1 worked out on my end.....................

Never woulda thunk it.............

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2016, 08:54:14 PM »
After reading a few posts,I decided to give it another go. I opened DX11 and set texture to 512...BINGO, went right through. Changed it back to  1024 and BINGO still went through. Who would have thunk it!!! So far seems it is working great, thanks GUYS

Ditto
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2016, 01:21:00 PM »
I was testing game crash when pressing the offline game mode button with DX11. When you change texture modes in DX9 it causes DX11 to crash when next you bring up DX11. Then if you delete video8.cfg and bring DX11 back up, it runs fine, and you can change texture modes. DX9 is not effected by this when next you run the beta in DX9 beta version.

What was crashing DX11 is this line missing in the video8.cfg when changing texture modes in DX9.

\\.\DISPLAY1

I'm finding in the DX9 beta version when I'm in the CV bridge or on the exterior O'Club catwalk, my FPS in any texture mode is 20's-30. In DX11 beta version 50's-60.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2016, 02:36:51 PM »
Besides the missing bomber engine sounds, and clipped flap sounds, has anyone else noticed "unstable" GV engine/ track sounds (sometimes intermittent on and off when starting to move)?

Besides the gamma slider not taking effect, does anyone else have problems with the filmviewer window unable to go to fullscreen or even to resize the windows or reposition them?