Author Topic: Beta 23 ** DX9 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 2698 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Beta 23 ** DX9 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2016, 03:48:05 PM »
B-26

Optical gunsights do not respond to alpha slider dim\bright while in flight.

I assume you were not changing the pilot but were chaning Gun 1 and Gun 2?
Both work for me.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2016, 04:01:53 PM »
CraterMA

At the ACK bases, is the map room supposed to be covered with trees including trees growing out of the concrete walk up to the door blocking the way?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2016, 04:33:41 PM »
I assume you were not changing the pilot but were chaning Gun 1 and Gun 2?
Both work for me.

I'll go back and try it again. I selected the correct gunsight position from the menu.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2016, 04:42:56 PM »
New game session sitting on the runway, now the alpha slider works on both optical gunsights. I was in the air first time around making a change to the default pilot view just before I checked the two gunsights for alpha response. Oh, I don't recommend barrel rolls in the B26 with a bomb load, snaps the wing off. It can do loops though.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2016, 06:38:32 PM »
Terrain Editor

Confirming as reported earlier, deleting a spawn point crashes the TE. My only option is to locate the object code and delete it directly from the .oba file.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2016, 08:15:56 PM »
When I Alt+F4 in off-line, no matter how many times I click the check box for Don't show this message again, it pops up again.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2016, 09:40:01 AM »
Terrain Editor

When setting an object in the TE and assigning it as Fact$$$, it doesn't show an icon in the Map window even though it will show properly in-game.

Are you placing it as a Group Master?

I Went a did a quick test with a radar factory and all worked as I would expect.

Also are you refreshing your icons by turning them on and off on the map?

HiTech

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2016, 11:12:51 AM »
Are you placing it as a Group Master?

I Went a did a quick test with a radar factory and all worked as I would expect.

Also are you refreshing your icons by turning them on and off on the map?

HiTech

Good question. This was the case where setting the custom V2 objects to the Ack factory object wasn't working. Instead I had to add some bunkers and reassign them as Ack factory objects.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2016, 12:15:04 PM »
Are the new damaged objects available as objects that I can lay down to create a permanent destroyed village or town on my terrain?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2016, 12:24:12 PM »
Are the new damaged objects available as objects that I can lay down to create a permanent destroyed village or town on my terrain?
Those are built into the object itself. You would need to export the object and then extract the particular damaged bits and convert it into a new object to get it to show.
When the game calls for an object to be destroyed, if there is no built-in destroyed object, then the object simply disappears. But if it has that destroyed version built-in, then that's what's displayed instead. Get it? So that's why you'd need to extract the destroyed object and reconfigure it as a new visible object.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2016, 12:36:29 PM »
To bad the skin viewer doesn't show all of this and allow the export of the damaged portion only of the object. If you can view the cockpit of a plane in the skin viewer visa a tool toggle, it would point to the programmer's decision to not reveal the damage through the skin viewer tools controls. Back then to your full export and extraction description.

Just had a thought. I need to blow up my town, then take a stroll through it to see how the tank objects I hid in it interact with the destroyed building objects. Do you think there could be any unexpected conflicts or just the tank object sitting on the destroyed object mess?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2016, 02:54:48 PM »
Those are built into the object itself. You would need to export the object and then extract the particular damaged bits and convert it into a new object to get it to show.
When the game calls for an object to be destroyed, if there is no built-in destroyed object, then the object simply disappears. But if it has that destroyed version built-in, then that's what's displayed instead. Get it? So that's why you'd need to extract the destroyed object and reconfigure it as a new visible object.

Actually not, they are now external references from the original shape.

I.E. they are there own shape and should show up in the OE.

HiTEch

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2016, 03:04:37 PM »
If I select Town and look in the shapes list of buildings, I only find building shapes for intact buildings. There are no independent destroyed building shapes.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2016, 03:09:57 PM »
Actually not, they are now external references from the original shape.

I.E. they are there own shape and should show up in the OE.

HiTEch

I still see the destroyed objects in buildings. I think Bustr is talking about buildings and factory objects vs vehicles. Are we on the same page?

For instance:

OBJECT group
name "bld005_dead_1"
data 21
GroupFlags=0x00000201
kids 1
OBJECT object
name "tex0"
data 20
FaceFlags=0x00000806
loc 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000
texture "BLD001D.bmp"
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 03:12:02 PM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2016, 03:13:43 PM »
I still see the destroyed objects in buildings. I think Bustr is talking about buildings and factory objects vs vehicles. Are we on the same page?

Yes we are talking about he same thing, but different parts. the db$$$x$$$ shapes are referenced by buildings and are part of the building dead shape.

Hmm brings up a point. The external references on buildings may not export correctly to ac3d.

HiTech