Author Topic: Mutha AAR (warning: not interesting)  (Read 277 times)

Offline mutha

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
Mutha AAR (warning: not interesting)
« on: June 12, 2016, 03:18:20 PM »
DISCLAIMER: In these AARs, I am neither giving nor seeking advice, nor am I criticising the game, any players, or any style of play. I am a Runstang-flying k/d-obsessive who hates being killed more than not killing. I'm not advocating that mode - it's just how God made me. I don't pretend to have any answers. I don't even have any good questions. I just like telling stories and whining.

I've had two hops this camp. On the first, my frame rate dropped over an enemy base and I died. But since that doesn't happen in real life, I didn't count that against myself.

The second hop was yesterday. I alted a sector away from a huge dar bar of enemies trying to take a base. The base dar was down, so I couldn't see enemy location, and even though there were a ton of them and few of us, I decided that 7k was enough alt. That is called applying wishful thinking as strategery.

I had to fly over a bunch of water to to get to the CAPed friendly base. As I did so, I saw an enemy fleet lobbing shells at it. It looked very pretty on the water, backlit by the sun. Naturally, puffy ack started blowing up around me, so I skillfully jinked to avoid it - my fave part of AH. The CV and ack meant that any bad guys in the sector would be aware of me, especially since I was one of maybe three friendlies around. But I thought, they're probably all coming off the CV and way below 7k. Good old wishful thinking.

So I dove down on a bunch of low guys rocketing the town.  As I cleared out past the town, skillfully pointing the runstang home, whizzing past more bad guys, I saw a corsair dropping in my six, about 1k back, so I wasn't too worried. Then a Spit 16 dropped in about 800 back. Then a Pony. Stupid e-hoarding pony drivers. But I was in a Pony so I figured if I ran away, everything would be just fine.

I dropped to the water and tried to haul ass, and things were looking good when I blew up. Apparently someone was in my high six, or they gained on me. It didn't matter because I was dead. Wheeee!

So, to recap: two hops in June. I shot bullets as several planes, possibly hitting a couple of them, then got killed trying to run away.

Cue the world's smallest violin.

-Mutha
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 03:22:44 PM by mutha »