Author Topic: Perk the 88-mm  (Read 6043 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: Perk the 88-mm
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2016, 05:43:45 PM »
Nish, sure perk the 88 but then you have to give perks for kills.... :noid  Since you cant separate them it would be all manned guns,this would lead to players using the 5 in guns to farm perks.... and so on....   Be careful what you ask for you might just get it!!!

Long since given up the idea that the Wishlist actually leads to getting much of anything altered or added to the game  :rofl  Was more a point of discussion / debate really.

The Mark 12 5"/38 caliber gun is the 5 inch gun we have in our CV task groups and the 5 inch rounds are modeled with proximity fuses.

Ooooh, the black cloud making teleportation (back to the tower) transmogrification projectors, as I know them. Seem pretty accurate to me Ack-Ack!  :old:

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2016, 05:27:51 AM »
I think someone manning a 88-mm should be able to be killed in it and it should also be perked.

+1

I'd be happy just to see it perked too.
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2016, 05:37:34 AM »
88s are the least dangerous man ack, there is no reason whatsoever for having it perked.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2016, 07:07:51 AM »
The ugliest part of this game is when those of us who try to defend a base collides with those that like to get easy score points by vulching. 

I have heard vox traffic whine about kill loses after a bomber or heavy fighter taking out fighters on a deacked field.

The trend to deack and vulch is on the rise.  Deacking for base capture is used to preserve base capability but unfortunately the vulchers killing every thing that takes off is the same group of players and they are rarely interested in base capture.

A big sign of course is a deacked field with the town at 100% full up.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2016, 07:31:32 AM »
There needs to be an incentive to get into an airplane or a vehicle before getting into manned guns.  Right now the only one I have is the Yak-9T.  :D
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2016, 08:06:29 AM »
There needs to be an incentive to get into an airplane or a vehicle before getting into manned guns.  Right now the only one I have is the Yak-9T.  :D

Gaining perks is the incentive to fly a plane or up a gv...

-1 on perking 88
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2016, 08:48:44 AM »
There needs to be an incentive to get into an airplane or a vehicle before getting into manned guns.

Yeah man, that's what I was trying to say.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2016, 12:42:36 PM »
Yesterday, I flew to a red base showing no red dar and working radar.  I just flew around the base but far enough back to avoid any 88 hits for a few minutes.  Sure enough, a red took off.  I kept my distance giving the red a chance to achieve a co"E" state.  Had two good fights in a row.

I would have had more but I lost the second fight.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2016, 12:50:55 PM »
I am not advocating a perk on the 88.  The 88's are an annoyance and I can and regularly do remove them from the equation.  I am talking about something to get folks in direct conflict.  Maybe guns only become active and destructible when a base is flat?  Guns should be the last resort, not the first choice IMO.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2016, 12:54:37 PM »
The trend to deack and vulch is on the rise.

No, it isn't.  Deack and vulch has been a standby of the game since day 1.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2016, 12:58:25 PM »
Yesterday, I flew to a red base showing no red dar and working radar.  I just flew around the base but far enough back to avoid any 88 hits for a few minutes.  Sure enough, a red took off.  I kept my distance giving the red a chance to achieve a co"E" state.  Had two good fights in a row.

I would have had more but I lost the second fight.

1 in a million incidents are not the norm.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2016, 01:23:05 PM »
And here I'm waiting for AH3 go live with an offline only gunnery training terrain that allows the newbie to place himself in the exact gun to range of plane situations in our game to learn the wirbel, osti, 37mm, 17lb and 88mm.

Also has two tank ranges 4000yd and 4mile with tanks all over them to learn the optics and two Hogan Alley areas to drive through to learn how to see hiding tanks. And there is an 88mm and 17lb at each tank range. Yes, I have a GV spawn that places your wirbel 500yds from the passing drones and if you take a look in the beta, range marked reticles in the osti and wirbel. I just happened to put 37mm and 88mm near that GV spawn. And 88mm at locations to learn 7k shooting.

Add on to that two task forces to learn ship to ship gunnery along with shore batteries to learn shore to ship. Then each port has PT spawns so you can learn how to make torpedo runs on those task groups.

Oh! And air spawns for torpedo bombers at 1200ft out over the water near the task groups and high alt bomber spawns to practice level bombing of ground targets and a third task group set on a really tight wiggly course to learn how to time bomb releases for that last moment turn.

Not to mention air spawns for fighters to get at the drones quickly or the task forces to practice bombing them.

All of this has been asked for in the Wish List since I started back in 2002, and complained about there being very little opportunity offline to really learn these skills. The tools have always been with us to set this up if someone wanted to create the terrain and gunsights like I have. I want to keep newbies with us by giving them this terrain to help them feel like they can compete instead of spending so much time feeling like loosers while we vets harvest them unmercifully.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2016, 02:12:22 PM »

That has almost always worked for me.  Sometimes I have to announce I'm there on Channel 200. 

- oldman

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2016, 06:30:55 AM »
88s are the least dangerous man ack, there is no reason whatsoever for having it perked.

Nope.  Perk it.
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2016, 08:19:30 PM »
This post has wandered some boundaries that if anyone thought Hitech would take it seriously. The real wish is to have all auto and manned ack along with anti aircraft vehicles removed from the game. It's hard to show some nameless individual how uber you are and how lame they are in the face of your uberness if they won't stop towering you with the press of a button. It just ain't fair....... :O 

Slade you ever land 53 kills in a 5 inch?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.