Author Topic: Kill shoot  (Read 1608 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Kill shoot
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2016, 02:50:27 PM »
Hardly a kid. RVFlyer/sarge was in my AW squad the FUBARS back in the early 90's.

RVFlyer is good people.  I'm sure that his anger will subside now that he knows why killshooter is off.

Hey, it's a good sign for the Beta that people are going in there to play on a regular basis.

- oldman

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2016, 06:01:22 PM »
Dale, it was NOT a threat probably more of a warning what they can expect if going to AH3, but if you want to play the game realistically where red guys are trying to capture a base but some friendly sets there and shoots you the minute you up out of a hangar and thinks it is funny. I fail to see the humor or the benefit to the game with that type of game play. There were enough of us on last night it could have been fun GV fights but the guy spoiled any chance of that. someone mentioned going to another field but that would be pointless if they were trying to take the base I was at. Ok its over so will move on.  :airplane:  :bolt:

I do NOT take kindly to threats. If you do not wish to beta test so be it.

Beta tests exists primarily for HTC's benefit not for yours or any other player. I appreciate all beta testers who provide feed back and bug reports. Kill shooter is off to help people test the beta.

Spawn camping in the beta is BS, but your reaction is way out of line.

HiTech
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2016, 06:03:35 PM »
The RV-8 was fun in the game. I could make many guys auger trying to shoot me down. Amazing how it handled a lot like my RV-6

LOL most likely in an RV8 with twin Gatlin guns.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2016, 07:50:59 PM »
RvFlyer,

You missed the point.  Beta is testing, not gaming.  If it were gaming I am pretty certain those settings along with the capturable strat radar vbases would be set up differently.

You CAN have fun and enjoy the features of the game, but what we hope to do is catch bugs to report while engaging in some fun.

It is easy to get that confused with the way that potential "testers" group and act as if they are trying to win the war, taking undefended territory and such....

In the early days of alpha as soon as we were actually able to fly and capture bases, I would capture a number of bases and then change countries and capture them back, so that the next players entering the arena would have the same opportunities to test fields as I did.  I don't expect everyone to follow that sort of example but the other extreme does annoy me at times.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2016, 12:19:33 PM »
Chilli I would do something similar. I would hide chocolate candy bars next to trees then switch sides and try to find them. That is where I found my first issue. When you find a chocolate candy bar by a tree, ALWAYS make sure it is a chocolate candy bar before eating it.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)