Author Topic: Beta 26 ** DX9 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 835 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Beta 26 ** DX9 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« on: June 23, 2016, 12:40:10 PM »
New version up!

Please use this thread to post errors/issues with the Patch 26 DX9 version of the Aces High III Beta.  Thank you.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
Re: Beta 26 ** DX9 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 01:29:37 PM »
after exit from ww1 arena my cursor was lost in the downsized program.  it was visible on the edge of the window and could activate the red x, as indicated by color change when hovering over and clicking on to close program.

The music from the menu keeps play even though the game has closed. this also happened last patch.  opening task manager ends the music.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 01:35:37 PM »
Need to see a DXDIAG output.  Are you running with all defaults of the Beta set?  Or have you copied over files from AH2?  Or have you tweaked any settings in the Beta?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 02:03:04 PM »
Same problem as Natcigg. Exited game and no cursor moving in AH window. There is a game cursor in the scroll bar but it doesn't move with the mouse.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 02:13:12 PM by FLS »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 02:11:11 PM »
CraterMA

Drove along every curb in a town and under all arches and through every ally way. Found the curb that holds your GV and disables control. It was the very last curb I tested..... :O

444829,99,-324899,-1.2,-85.3,45.7
craterma

I also verified that the mangler tree which can bash a panther tank's rear end into the ground is still in Tank Town.

24596,184,8398,-0.3,-3.5,178.5
craterma

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 02:24:39 PM »
Same problem as Natcigg. Exited game and no cursor moving in AH window. There is a game cursor in the scroll bar but it doesn't move with the mouse.

I cannot duplicate this.  I'll try some other things.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 02:52:09 PM »
When I first see the start screen the mouse is normal but after the game starts online or offline I lose the cursor on exit.

I renamed settings which turned the music on, it played after exit until I started Task manager and then there was an AH error message with  Exception Offset:   000d416e. The music stopped when the error message.

I patched PC2 and it does not have the same problem on exit. It's just the game PC.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 03:14:43 PM by FLS »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 03:46:50 PM »
Both DX versions: Start the game and go into an online arena all controls work. Exit from that arena and enter another arena, controls no longer work.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2016, 04:05:48 PM »
I cannot duplicate this.  I'll try some other things.

I had the same problem of lost pointer on DX9 but not DX11.

On DX9, crashed plane opened clipboard, clicked quick, arena selection screen came up and pointer stuck in place.  Windows pointer worked on task bar to right click and close dx9 version.

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2016, 08:30:11 PM »
DX9 only - When quitting out of offline or online game (any arena) mouse cursor disappears over AH3 entry screen. (same issue reported previous version 25)

This issue did not occur on my windows 7 pro 64 pc.

Mouse cursor disappears over the AH3 entry screen which opens same size as desktop so it fills up desktop with taskbar in front of it.

If I resize the entry screen it will remain that size with subsequent opening/closing of game DX9 or DX11 until rebooting computer, then entry screen will open desktop size again behind the taskbar.

After losing mouse cursor:

Right clicking taskbar and opening task manager can close AH3.

Right clicking AH3 icon on taskbar to close causes it to switch to background process. AH3 has to be shut down with task manager.

If I Alt-Tab out of AH3 it switches status to background process. AH3 has to be shut down with task manager.

Windows 8.1 Pro 64
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 08:43:21 PM by Drane »
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2016, 09:15:36 PM »
I deleted cursor jpeg a few patch ago to rid of pink square.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 08:16:33 AM »
Same cursor issue. It's fine until exiting game and disappears from all but the bottom task bar. I need Task MGR to quit the game.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2016, 08:38:49 AM »
Downloaded and updated with no problems.

Upped an M18 at a port to check water access for gv's and the LVT transition from water to land. LVT worked great, gv however hit a wall preventing entry into the water.

Took a C-Hog up off the CV and just flew around, the graphics are awesome!! FR in the upper 80's.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2016, 10:20:13 AM »
I drove a panzer into some thick trees and got stuck.  It looked like I should of been able to back out.  There was a branch above my right rear track area.  My plan was to back out since I drove in, this did not come to fruition.

I did not know how to save my location but it was up the hill on the northwest area of last notes AvA tank fight.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2016, 11:38:09 AM »
.psave filename

When I located the mangler tree in tank town and made it capture me, I then did a .psave mangler  .
bustr - POTW 1st Wing