Author Topic: loss of members  (Read 26992 times)

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Re: loss of members
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2016, 04:14:50 PM »
It's not the game , it's the players that for the most part don't make the game enjoyable.......just sayin.

Ps. don't know if I can hang on till AH3 comes out just for that reason.

While I wont disagree with you Wezel,you could always come and shoot at me in the TA,as you know everyone does and you used to enjoy chasing me around!

:salute

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2016, 04:37:55 PM »
I personally believe there will be a good response to the release of lll. It will take time but a lot of the old players will come back and new ones will join.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2016, 05:25:00 PM »
Man I have to give you credit, you never miss a chance to push those do you!  LOL!

Never!  :aok

Personally I've tried a couple

Do you remember which ones you tried?  I'm curious because there are some in the past that, if a person were to try only a couple, I wish those weren't the ones.  :aok

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2016, 05:29:20 PM »
pay me and ill bring 600+ players. I pay them i expect them to do there job!!!!!!

as far as i can see they do nothing about the player base but watch it decline!!!!!

....and their "job" is to provide you a game, and server. Have you read the "Terms of Service"? Anything after that, new planes graphic and sound updates and so on is totally at their discretion.

By your answer "pay me and ill bring 600+ players" you tell me you haven't got a clue as to how to increase the numbers. Its not like you would be giving away state secrets or something, speak up. Afraid you might give away a good idea and increase the population and thus your fun factor with out collecting a fee?  :rolleyes:

Never!  :aok

Do you remember which ones you tried?  I'm curious because there are some in the past that, if a person were to try only a couple, I wish those weren't the ones.  :aok

No, I don't remember the names, I admit they were a long time ago tho. I'm an instant action kind of guy. I'll take a few minutes to get to 10k and the next base over but thats about it. If I don't find some action there I'm off looking for it someplace else.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2016, 05:37:52 PM »
Just another whine fest. :rolleyes:

No.. this is just concern for something we care about.

If we didnt, i know myself,  wouldnt waste me time coming here to post.

Id just move on.  I dont see any of the current features of the new game changing my feelings.

Today after work i upped with a buddy to go pork a central base on the islands of the current map in the MA.

We were greeting by several manned guns,  and three wirbles on the base,  no opposition in the air at all.

And get this,  those same guys had the field resupped within 10 minutes.

Borrrrrrring...  and dont tell me to sit in a bomber for 2 hours to bomb strats,  or go sit over a vehicle spawn and kill m3's...  both of those ideas suck.

And that kind of makes the game suck. 

Get the picture now?  This happens regularly.

But dont worry,  the new version of the game has additional manned ack guns with barely better graphics that will cause 1/3 of the current slum to close accounts due to poor gaming rigs.

Like i said,  I logged out of the game to post this,  rather than play,  because I hate to see whats happening and I care enough to take the time.

I wont be on the rest of the evening.. i will surf cable tv to keep myself occupied.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2016, 05:54:43 PM »
funny I played last night and there were 200 players online.  not sure where he got the 15 players from.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2016, 05:56:12 PM »
As a knight, I did have to fly 3 sectors to the bish rook fight to find a for sure fight....that should not be the case at any time in game. I feel like you shouldn't have to fly multiple sortie to find a fight, ever.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2016, 06:23:06 PM »
funny I played last night and there were 200 players online.  not sure where he got the 15 players from.

semp

200 on a saturday night when we had 600 minimum a few years back? 

Are you here just to type or make a valid point?

Regardless of how many play now and then,  they ones we have are taking the sellout route because its available to them.

Its also the boring route,  hence numbers are 1/3rd what they used to be,  throughout all times of the 24 hour day.

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2016, 06:27:32 PM »
well 1 thing you can count on is I will keep playing until they pull the plug. so you all still have 1 target to shoot down  :salute
1 Of these days you will regret shooting me down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4qb6_RPUc

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2016, 06:31:30 PM »
200 on a saturday night when we had 600 minimum a few years back? 

Are you here just to type or make a valid point?

Regardless of how many play now and then,  they ones we have are taking the sellout route because its available to them.

Its also the boring route,  hence numbers are 1/3rd what they used to be,  throughout all times of the 24 hour day.

semps post are all based around his experiences. It is obvious that if there are 200 players on when he is on there are 200 players on at all times. The same goes for if he is having fun everyone else must be having fun.

personally I don't have an issue with more ack, Id be in favor of a no kill zone in the airfield limits and do away with vulching all together. Maybe it would get some of these guys hiding in the guns into a plane if they were sure they would get some time to get some air under their wings and a little E.  They would still have to come out to defend the town and a fight would likely get going. 

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2016, 06:34:19 PM »
I like that idea also.

I think the manned ack were added to towns however.  Id have to check to be sure.

That would be a huge -1 if I am right.

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2016, 07:38:27 PM »

But dont worry,  the new version of the game has additional manned ack guns with barely better graphics that will cause 1/3 of the current slum to close accounts due to poor gaming rigs.

Like i said,  I logged out of the game to post this,  rather than play,  because I hate to see whats happening and I care enough to take the time.

I wont be on the rest of the evening.. i will surf cable tv to keep myself occupied.
this I fully agree with, me too I'm watching lame shows on Netflix. And I love this game.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2016, 07:52:59 PM »
I'll need to look at the views. From what you say, they've changed it. That would be excellent! As I said, I stopped using it for lack of SA. At the time, no mater where you tried to move your head position, all you could see was the solid wall between the pilot and the gunner. At that time, the outside view wasn't a crutch, it was necessary to use the plane without a gunner.

If you set TR to yaw and pitch then TR inherits your saved HPS views. Then you can move your IL2 9 and 3 oclock wing view forward, up and out. Slide your rear view to look down the channel one side or the other. Set better back side views and adjust your up side and up back.

I end up furballing in my IL2 because most of my green guys cannot kill fighters on demand. I only us TR in 2-axis mode because I get better 6-views without all the chair yoga. And yes I messed with my profiles out the (ying yang) and decided I get better views in 2-axis mode because I can set the HPS to the best view possible. It also keeps the IL2's reticle centered on the windscreen.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2016, 07:57:20 PM »
I saw the title and thought Lorena Bobbitt was back!  :uhoh
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2016, 08:11:18 PM »
I think all of us would be wise to give HTC a break on criticism of the current game and state of things - I'm sure they are well aware of the decline since the glory days and peak player numbers of the late 2000s.  There is NO point in investing energy into fixing any issues/problems with the state of the game and the gameplay when such huge changes are on the way and a completely new game coming - a new game with so far some possibly unknown potential changes.  That being the case, what's the point in worrying about the current state of things so much, if at all?

Give them time to get AH3 out and live - 95% of HTCs energy and resources IMO should be going into that, not complaints about AH2 issues - and there are issues, everyone including HTC knows this. 

Once AH3 is live, then give HTC some time to adjust things as they need to be tweaked with the new game.  THEN, if there is no response to legitimate concerns and criticisms that are current AH2 problems (that's even if they carry over), after a reasonable period of time with the new game, I'll be banging my gong along with the rest of the usual suspects.  IMO for now, it's not only pointless, it's a bit unfair. 

I've said it before in other recent posts, online PC WW2 gaming is easily at an all time high, there are hundreds of thousands playing various WW2 games, and AH3, especially with the VR support in the future, IMO will have the potential to surpass the peak numbers of the glory days 6 or 7 years ago.  The less static we put into the signal right now, the better.

I try and always slip in the "return to peak numbers fixes a majority of the issues", and I still believe this largely to be the case, regardless of any potential AH3 gameplay mechanics changes, or even if there isn't much in this regard (I still believe the original gameplay model is very sound, how else did it last 17 years ffs).  Maps too large, hard to find fights - all the major repeating complaints - poof gone like chaff in the wind when there are numbers to fill the arenas.  AH3 has the potential to do this, especially once word starts to circulate of it to the aforementioned hundreds of thousands of current online WW2 PC gamers out there.  I'd bet less than 10% even know about this place, and when that changes...

I for one can't wait for that.  Especially in VR, it's going to be sick.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 08:19:37 PM by Gman »