Author Topic: PDF format  (Read 516 times)

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
PDF format
« on: July 22, 2016, 08:52:53 AM »
 :airplane: I just received a PDF document, which was laying on its side! How do I correct it to normal viewing?
I am running Windows 7 for operating system!
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
Re: PDF format
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 09:10:56 AM »
At the top of your screen it should have (I use adobe) File - Edit - View - Window - Help

Go to View in the dropdown it should have "rotate view" under that it should have rotate clockwise or rotate counterclockwise
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 09:14:46 AM »
If you are using Foxit PDF reader, select the "View" tab and you will find "Rotate View" as an option.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 05:29:40 PM »
If you are using Foxit PDF reader, select the "View" tab and you will find "Rotate View" as an option.
:airplane: I couldn't see a "view" in the drop down window! Also, its encrypted someway and don't know how to convert to straight English! Can you help with that"?

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 07:04:30 PM »
It's encrypted and not in English? Are you sure you should open it? Do you know the person that sent it to you?
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 06:08:45 AM »
It is not a drop down menu.  It is across the top. "File - Home - Comment - View".
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 01:47:05 PM »
It's encrypted and not in English? Are you sure you should open it? Do you know the person that sent it to you?
:airplane: Yes I am the one intended to view this sales contract on a pc of property I am selling, but it threw me off when it came in encrypted!

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2016, 02:15:09 PM »
If you're the one who are privileged to view it the sender should have sent you a password, too. Maybe in a separate post but nonetheless.

If it doesn't ask you for password, it isn't encrypted. Instead, it either may be written with a program your computer doesn't have what it takes to read. I've come across this issue with Open/Libre Office files in a computer that either doesn't have Microsoft Office or the version of it is too old. For some reason many file unsupported file formats try to open in a PDF reader, either Adobe or Foxit.

So, is it actually a PDF file or is it only trying to open in your PDF reader? If it has the extension of .pdf, it may also be corrupted. If it has but it's not corrupted, it may contain elements that only will open in Adobe Reader.

Summary: Check the extension! If it's not .pdf, find the appropriate program to open it. If it is .pdf, download and try to read it with Adobe Reader.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni