Author Topic: troops in maproom beta test version  (Read 572 times)

Offline allcrapp

• Zinc Member
troops in maproom beta test version
« on: June 30, 2016, 02:54:21 PM »
Was wondering in ah3 if troops reset map room. Noticed that nks will flood map room with troops when we are trying to take fields and our troops will not take the field?

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: troops in maproom beta test version
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 03:35:19 PM »
That would be so cool if it were true......  even allow a maproom troop counter for those successfully deployed in the Drop Time display.  :aok

Offline allcrapp

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 01:55:48 PM »
I have it on film happening so see it just want to know if it is set that way or a bug.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 04:05:59 AM »
Well,not sure it works, but have seen folk do this in AH2. It seems to work, although it could have been something else that caused the maproom fail. Only time I have seen an attempt to run friendly troops was when we went Rook for  a tour or two. Jury is still out on this in my book.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 11:21:04 PM »
Don't forget troops in the map room have a 10 minute time limit, then you have to start all over. :old:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline HanzUp

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 10:50:21 AM »
I have tested this in the AH3 Beta, and what happens is that if you drop troops at your own town or vehicle base where the guns are down, you get a message saying "Map room xxx destroyed, it will be down for 30 minutes" but no capture message. Then, enemy troops cannot capture that base for that 30 minutes (by which time the guns are usually back up). However, if the ProtectObjects flag is set in the environment settings ArenaFlags, then your troops don't destroy your map room and the base can be captured by enemy troops, even within the 10 minute "troop life" time. So it seems that this is simply a result of the Beta being set to allow destroying friendly objects, and (presumably) it will not work when ProtectObjects turned on.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 10:57:13 AM by HanzUp »

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 10:59:32 AM »
On craterMA it has been possible to deack friendly bases as well so I guess it's more of a setting thing than a bug.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline allcrapp

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2016, 06:25:52 PM »
must be a setting then because nks dropped them an we had 3 sets of troops go in an did not take.