Author Topic: GUNS LIKE PEA SHOOTERS  (Read 332 times)

Offline BBP

• Copper Member
GUNS LIKE PEA SHOOTERS
« on: July 11, 2016, 06:23:44 PM »
Maybe its just me but the tracers on AH3 are very hard to see. They seem very small compared to AH2. Plus the guns just don't seem to make much damage on impact compared to AH2. Now maybe you can shoot someone down just as easily but psychologically I feel as if I'm shooting pea shooters versus some big guns on AH2. Anyone agree?
Kimosabi

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: GUNS LIKE PEA SHOOTERS
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 06:54:41 PM »
I've done 18 months of gunnery testing from the alpha into the beta.

1. - Tracers, we have a new light engine so if you widen your FOV, your tracers will shrink. How do you know this, your gunsight shrinks. Good or bad, it is up to Hitech if he wants to make tracers look like blazing grapefruits at the default FOV of 80 so when you shrink everything down by widening your FOV they are blinking kiwi fruits.

2. - Damage testing I've repeated regularly, you need to hit bombers with a lot of rounds because they are built tough. Or kill the pilot. Fighters, the Yak3 seems more in line with the rest of the planes but, from ww2 gun cam, planes didn't just fall out of the air because they were hit. The German 30mm, fighters fall apart 1-2 rounds. The 37mm is still a one shot show stopper.

If you are having kill issues against other players, possibly the internet does not like you. I'm going to bet your damage observations are from online versus chasing drones offline to static test damage.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 07:15:42 PM »
Convergence is key..... default does not do it for me at all.

Offline BBP

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 10:56:44 PM »
I put it on 75 for my FOV and must say that helped a lot. I love the sound of the guns, that is much improved.
Kimosabi