Author Topic: Clouds and frame rate  (Read 279 times)

Offline CSI147

• Zinc Member
Clouds and frame rate
« on: July 12, 2016, 10:00:59 AM »
Sorry if this has been mentioned before.  I've tried the search and see some sort of patch addressing it.  My All in One (yes I have one) is using an Intel HD graphics 4400.  It's up to date on driver.  I'm finding my frame rate dropping from 30fps to 11fps when I enter a cloud.  All sliders are moved left and everything is disabled on the graphic detail.  Any suggestions other than getting a desk top with a better video card?

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
Re: Clouds and frame rate
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 10:42:57 AM »
Easy...don't fly in clouds.   :devil

Seriously, if there is a "fix" for the frame rate hit in clouds, I'd also like to know.

<S>
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 11:44:14 AM »
The short answer, and seriously, that HD4400 isn't gonna get it for a 3D game like this. It's more for like YouTube videos and such. It just lacks the horsepower of a separate video card which is what you really need.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 01:20:40 PM »
Drano is right. Intel video isn't meant for serious gaming. Aside it lacking the horsepower, they also use the main RAM of the system which is much slower than dedicated video memory.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 02:07:25 PM »
Reduce the texture size to its lowest and resolution as last option, in the video settings.  I think we know not to expect much, but it surely doesn't hurt anything to give it a try.