Author Topic: Vote for battle and format of the next Scenario  (Read 7474 times)

Offline madrid311

• Copper Member
Re: Vote for battle and format of the next Scenario
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2016, 01:16:28 PM »
D 1 please
Quote from: hitech on Yesterday at 11:15:04 AM              
         I am happy you are having fun. HiTech                                                  
                  In game name : GunFTR

Offline Obrez

• Zinc Member
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2016, 02:42:15 PM »
B

Offline qbert55ca

• Zinc Member
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2016, 08:37:00 PM »
C

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2016, 09:57:39 PM »
C2

Offline Newman

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2016, 01:43:33 AM »
A 2

SALUTE!

Newman
327th Steel Talons TFS CO (ret)
CM Scenario Team (ret)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2016, 01:53:55 AM »
A 2

SALUTE!

Newman

Holy !@#$!  Newman?!  How are you?  :aok

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2016, 03:42:33 PM »
A-2

or C-2 if some armor fights were incorporated between missions
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2016, 06:56:56 PM »
D 1
Only ones with Jugs.  :evil:
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2016, 07:26:44 PM »
C  2
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2016, 07:57:05 PM »
or C-2 if some armor fights were incorporated between missions
that too...

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2016, 06:31:21 AM »
C 1

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2016, 08:26:54 AM »
C, 2.

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2016, 09:17:59 AM »
Regarding scoring scenarios and the format with which they are played:

I'm not one to chime in, as I don't have the time to really get into AH like I used to. However, to me I feel that when I sign up for an event like that, I want to get the most out of it. I want to be able to participate, make a difference -- and even if I'm fodder I'm vital to winning the event for our team.

I don't like the 12 hour layout because (for starters) it takes away from my time and my participation. It maybe makes room for others at different times, sure, but I am experiencing less, am not seeing the entire picture (as if I signed up for 4 frames but can't make 2 of them, for example). Also, as it is less sessions, I don't have the option to participate more than once. It's unsatisfying to come into the middle of a 12 hour frame, fly a couple of sorties, then leave and never get to come back to finish it out. Too much of the "story" of the scenario and how it plays out is lost.

Further, I fear there are too many balancing and gameplay problems. Unless you have rigid staggered shifts that will be there on-time, every-time, it will be too much like trying to find a fight in the MWA. Say the bomber squad shows up and no fighters are there -- just a rough example -- then one team can easily steamroll the other. The 12 hour system is significantly harder to regiment than shorter sessions where you can take a break and regroup next weekend.

I'm not saying the 4 weekends method is the best. I simply think the single 12 hour session is too random, too uncontrolled, and too un-scorable. The math becomes herculean and the results 100% subjective because of all the concessions that have to be made. "Well, they were supposed to bomb 5 bases between 2 and 3 pm, but we only had 1 bomber, so let's count the 2 out of 3 bomb hits it dropped as 3/5 of that victory criteria" (to pull a wild example out of my... er... "hat")

Yes, score matters. I have a fairly big issue with scores not being released sometimes for months after a scenario is over. You can try to claim that everybody had fun but it's not the point. You can have fun winning or losing, but the score is important. Otherwise it wouldn't be an event. It would be the MA. Scoring is important and the winners should be celebrated. Promptly. I think most times when the question is raised: "Does anybody even remember who won XYZ? No, because they all had fun so they all win" the problem isn't that scoring doesn't matter but rather that it was hidden in forum posts after the fact and lost to time. Nobody honestly knows the answer!

So, I think the 12 hour system is too flawed and too unstable to track, score, and/or reward the winners properly, and you can't police or enforce it. I think, on top of that, the score is important to motivation, to morale, and shouldn't be downplayed or marginalized in future scenarios. I have a couple of thoughts on that, but I won't get into too much of a tangent.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2016, 11:57:11 AM »
That's a whole lot of text for someone who didnt participate in Target for Today.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2016, 12:25:57 PM »
Yeah Krusty old buddy,Target for Today was absolutely amazing and overall was a great event. I like the 12 hours because it's easier for me to get 1 day off and fly than 4 Saturdays as I always have to work on Saturday. Plus in November (if that's when the event is held) I may not be able to attend hardly any frames due to work. At least with a 12 hour I may get a day off or I can come in later after work and play.
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF