Author Topic: Gang banged,  (Read 3657 times)

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
Gang banged,
« on: July 13, 2016, 10:56:24 AM »
To incur  hits from more than X opponents in any one sortie.

Classifications

Victim
Furballed
Gangbanged
Suicidal maniac

etc etc

To encourage folk to fight against silly odds.
Ludere Vincere

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
Re: Gang banged,
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 07:47:39 PM »
+1 you know you like it....

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 08:59:50 PM »
 :rofl :cheers:

love  it.. please add this

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 10:00:16 PM »
+1!!
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 04:20:54 AM »
To encourage folk to fight against silly odds.

Take it from someone for wilfully sought what you describe as the bulk of their AH activities. Nobody really cares about skill in this game any longer. It's almost trivial to bypass skilful flying and the external and internal culture has changed. I no longer even get saluted for putting myself in this position and fighting hard, eventually and inevitably giving someone in the gang a kill. This used not to be the case, you'd nearly always get at least one salute, often several. Those were the days when this activity was rewarding. Now it's very common to receive mocking PMs, 'easy kill' messages when outnumbered 4 to 1 and I have even gotten very personal insults such as derogatory remarks about my son (the circumstances of whos difficult birth I was open about on this forum) just because I've out-flown someone. I've even had PMs from players on their country warning me to get out of there as 3 or more are upping expressely to 'get that b***rd Shida' (sic).

The only important thing nowadays is the results, getting the 'kill' by any means possible, then 'big your own ego up' afterwards. The score after all, never lies. I think the pitching one's skill against the odds game is over. Although there are a few of my kind left around, our fate is extinction. Most have already left in frustration, some quietly and some noisily and those that remain just haven't accepted it yet. Imho.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 04:22:39 AM by nrshida »
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 10:43:00 AM »
jeez nrshida..................glas s nearly all empty?   can we celebrate the few drops left......?

wanna get gangbanged?    uh....uh.........

Lets do it!

Ludere Vincere

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 11:45:16 AM »
Just not sure HTC would go for a term like this in their game, though I like the requirement - it does imply a "No Fear" willingness to engage against the odds. 

Take it from someone for wilfully sought what you describe as the bulk of their AH activities. Nobody really cares about skill in this game any longer. It's almost trivial to bypass skilful flying and the external and internal culture has changed. I no longer even get saluted for putting myself in this position and fighting hard, eventually and inevitably giving someone in the gang a kill. This used not to be the case, you'd nearly always get at least one salute, often several. Those were the days when this activity was rewarding. Now it's very common to receive mocking PMs, 'easy kill' messages when outnumbered 4 to 1 and I have even gotten very personal insults such as derogatory remarks about my son (the circumstances of whos difficult birth I was open about on this forum) just because I've out-flown someone. I've even had PMs from players on their country warning me to get out of there as 3 or more are upping expressely to 'get that b***rd Shida' (sic).

The only important thing nowadays is the results, getting the 'kill' by any means possible, then 'big your own ego up' afterwards. The score after all, never lies. I think the pitching one's skill against the odds game is over. Although there are a few of my kind left around, our fate is extinction. Most have already left in frustration, some quietly and some noisily and those that remain just haven't accepted it yet. Imho.

Back in the day, the cure for this was the AvA (or whatever it was called back then).  You had to be fortunate enough to live in a conducive time zone and be willing to fly a limited planeset with some form of limited icons, but I recall 15-30 players in there regularly.  Most attached to solid squads, and IIRC all of them spoiling for a good fight.  Oldman, in particular, was a wonderful sport--win or lose.   

It was a great break from the antics du jour in the MA.

So sorry to hear about the remarks about your son.  Not cool. :frown:
<S>
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 11:47:12 AM by oboe »

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 12:40:28 PM »
Now it's very common to receive mocking PMs, 'easy kill' messages when outnumbered 4 to 1 and I have even gotten very personal insults such as derogatory remarks about my son  (sic).

Get the InstaBanHammer.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 01:11:56 PM »
Couple of years back that was. Was an extreme case. It was just spitefulness because some players couldn't stand to get out-flown. I've learned how childish and vitriolic some people can be over a game. Met many classy people too I hasten to add. Somehow means more online.

jeez nrshida..................glas s nearly all empty?   can we celebrate the few drops left......?

Sure you can try!

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline FishBait

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 03:10:50 PM »

Yep. It was players like you, sir, which attracted me to this game in the first place. I wanted to be an nrshida (actually, a Latrobe... I didn't know you back then. No offense). Guys that would wade into the middle of a fight and take all comers. Guys like the guys in this thread. And yes, they absolutely would be saluted because everyone they were fighting knew they deserved it, and respected their effort.

Now that I've gotten somewhat decent (not nearly Latrobe level), I'm experiencing exactly what you describe. No-one but a handful of skillful players gives a crap about a good fight anymore or showing respect to those who give you one. The culture is toxic, results are all that matters, and if most of the players aren't 10-year-old juvenile delinquents, they sure act like it.

I quit for good yesterday. I literally broke my stick in half and threw it in the trash to avoid the temptation to come back to play in this cesspool. With few exceptions, it seems like most of the people who think like you have already gone the way of the dodo. Very sad to me. I loved this game. But it's not anything close to what it was before.
-== Hell Hounds ==- Official Pooper Scooper

I've got 99 problems, but a HO aint one.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 04:03:22 PM »
I quit for good yesterday. I literally broke my stick in half and threw it in the trash to avoid the temptation to come back to play in this cesspool. With few exceptions, it seems like most of the people who think like you have already gone the way of the dodo. Very sad to me. I loved this game. But it's not anything close to what it was before.

I saw that and was sad to see that my friend. At least we got a couple of good fights in together over tank town. I recognized you as a fellow spirit on that day. Times change, cultures change externally to the game. Sometimes takes longer to impress on such a closed community with a lot of conservatism in it but 'our game' - our 'sub-game' was doomed in the momentum of cultural progress.

Perhaps it's time to write my Aces High memoirs. Had a funny path and without design ended up in close contact with a lot of the top sticks of my time. The stories I could tell. Make your pointy slippers curl up at the end I tell ya! The dirt, the scandals, the factions, who made who, the advanced techniques handed secretly from one to another, the exploitation, the strengths and the weaknesses! Be a gripping read for the remaining dozen people who'd be interested. On the other hand I could watch UFO on YouTube and forget all about it  :rofl

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2016, 04:20:18 PM »
Make your pointy slippers curl up at the end I tell ya! The dirt, the scandals, the factions, who made who, the advanced techniques handed secretly from one to another, the exploitation, the strengths and the weaknesses!
Why did you have to bring up exploitation?? I've been hearing all about it lately from accusations at me and other people and I have no clue what they are talking about....I've started to just ignore them because I thought it was all a hoax....dang it I'm too :noid especially of shades  :noid

I haven't played against anyone I couldn't at least kill one v one....they might kill me a lot more (Bruv, TJ ect ect)...but I can definitely come out on top (nice thing about infinite lives, learn from an infinite amount of mistakes). That's why I don't think their is any sort of exploitation in this game....especially in the MA...DA you can climb before merge and stuff but that's not defeating a game mechanic, that's just being an a hole.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline FishBait

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2016, 06:08:18 PM »
I saw that and was sad to see that my friend. At least we got a couple of good fights in together over tank town. I recognized you as a fellow spirit on that day.

Agreed :salute
-== Hell Hounds ==- Official Pooper Scooper

I've got 99 problems, but a HO aint one.

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2016, 06:14:37 PM »
Why did you have to bring up exploitation?? I've been hearing all about it lately from accusations at me and other people and I have no clue what they are talking about....I've started to just ignore them because I thought it was all a hoax....dang it I'm too :noid especially of shades  :noid

I haven't played against anyone I couldn't at least kill one v one....they might kill me a lot more (Bruv, TJ ect ect)...but I can definitely come out on top (nice thing about infinite lives, learn from an infinite amount of mistakes). That's why I don't think their is any sort of exploitation in this game....especially in the MA...DA you can climb before merge and stuff but that's not defeating a game mechanic, that's just being an a hole.
Funny how your tone has changed since you've put on the CM title.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2016, 07:39:47 PM »
Aw, Fish.  Sorry to hear it.   

There's a pretty good group in beta these days when enough get on to get some planes in the air.  I just had 4 or 5 great fights with Robbert in his Spitfire and he was never afraid to charge in and mix it up.   And nobody else around to pick you in the middle of a fight.