Author Topic: youre playing a fighting game, stop hiding  (Read 7564 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: youre playing a fighting game, stop hiding
« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2016, 10:16:02 PM »
akak just got it right finally.  I bail out of a lot of planes if I see something else that is interesting.  those who bomb and bail dont really care about score.

so the question still stands.  how do you force people to play the way you think everybody should play?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2016, 10:34:28 PM »
akak just got it right finally.  I bail out of a lot of planes if I see something else that is interesting.  those who bomb and bail dont really care about score.

so the question still stands.  how do you force people to play the way you think everybody should play?

semp

You can't.  But you can do things to allow folks to respond to different styles of play and encourage actual interaction
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2016, 12:15:16 AM »
akak just got it right finally. 

Finally?  I've known all along, I've been playing these games for far many more years than you have.    But then I wasn't advocating punishing any player for anything, I was responding to this rather stupid post of yours.

so why shouldnt I bail my bombers if I feel like it, fighters bail out anytime they feel like it.

semp

Because for some reason you can't see the difference between a player bailing out of a bomber to avoid being shot down (i.e. combat) and a fighter breaking off because it was damaged in the attack.  I was showing you how flawed your argument was.

Now, I fully expect you to still fail to see the difference and instead you'll try to deflect in some way.

"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2016, 03:40:59 AM »
............    This needs to happen.  Badly.

Nothing needs to happen badly.  It needs to happen well.  :p

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2016, 03:46:18 AM »
its mostly the people, not the game. people know right from wrong. they know when theyre playing cheap. but people can reckon anything in their minds. the end validates the means to them. win that war no matter how. if that means bomb and bail and hurry to reup and do it all over again, thats what they do. they totally game the system.  they dont care about the finer points of the game. their intent is ill and i dont know how to change these peoples intent, except to show them by beating them fairly or trying to beat them fairly.  maybe they see the example and try to do the same. but then you see semp here and hes advocating these gamey tactics.  so you know that people really just dont care if theyre killing the game and dont care about outplaying you. so i dont know what can be done. its highly disappointing. and to see the numbers being so low and knowing that so many of the few people that even play could care less about competing vs other players really sucks. my guess is there are way more of these type of players than players who want to compete. what other reason could there be for keeping the big maps in rotation after we had the vote to keep em or not? im sure these players wanted to keep these big maps so they could hide and avoid contact. and they hide even when they have twice the people. its pathetic.

one thing that could help, is good training for the new guys, so they dont fall into the ways that a lot of veteran players have manifested the game into. in my opinion the vets have had the most influence on this game and it is what it is now. both good and bad. one of the first things i read and learned is to take the advantage away from the other guy. that means being aggressive, smart and beating his bellybutton down. and doing it fair and square too, so that you get the satisfaction of a true win. in my opinion the game would be way better if they wanted to wrestle the advantage away from the other guy. because it takes aggression to do that. we need more aggressive and fair players in my opinion.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2016, 04:46:46 AM »
Nothing needs to happen badly.  It needs to happen well.  :p

Touché!   :rofl
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2016, 04:49:38 AM »
If the player is one of those bailer types, he's not playing for score.  Because of that, having a scoring penalty to penalize the player will be ineffective and won't stop the player from bailing in his bombers once he sees a fighter pop up in icon range.

I don't care if it doesn't stop him so long as I get awarded the victory credit since I am the cause of his bailing out.
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2016, 04:51:13 AM »

semp

It isn't about forcing.  It is about giving credit where due.   A lot of us have climbed up to altitude and wasted a lot of time to chase buffs only to have them bail.  This is incredibly frustrating and not a good aspect of the game.   Award victory credit to the opponent.
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2016, 12:32:44 PM »

It isn't about forcing.  It is about giving credit where due.   A lot of us have climbed up to altitude and wasted a lot of time to chase buffs only to have them bail.  This is incredibly frustrating and not a good aspect of the game.   Award victory credit to the opponent.

i want credit when i damage a fighter and he rtb.  i want my kill.  but akak days no way.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2016, 12:39:53 PM »
i want credit when i damage a fighter and he rtb.  i want my kill.  but akak days no way.

semp

You still don't understand the difference between a player that bails from his aircraft to avoid engaging in combat and a fighter that is forced to break off because of the damage they received while engaged in combat.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2016, 12:41:03 PM »

You still don't understand the difference between a player that bails from his aircraft to avoid engaging in combat and a fighter that is forced to break off because of the damage they received while engaged in combat.

He does, he's just being obstinate.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #101 on: July 20, 2016, 01:05:52 PM »
He does, he's just being obstinate.
yep youre right. if you tell a contrarian that he's being a contrarian, they'll say, "no im not"

Offline 68Raptor

• Gold Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #102 on: July 20, 2016, 01:35:10 PM »
I think semps point is, what's the difference if a bomber bails before combat or a fighter disengages after a single pass.. Both a "running" from the fight. Those that feel entitled to a kill, a name in lights or some sort of recognition for not running are failing to see the difference. Trying to separate the two is splitting some fine hairs.
Executive Officer
68th Lighting Lancers

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2016, 01:46:45 PM »
VOOOOOOOOODOOOOOOOOOO I will add my 2 cents not that it means a lot. nobody plays this game the same way. it would be nice if we were all programmed robots and did things the same way we want everybody else to do. but  its not going to happen. everybody is different and we have to work around what we like and dont like. as for me i dont get a lot of kills but i hate when i have a target in sight and ready for a kill then some mean player comes and picks me off .grrrrrrr lol. or Rud3boi and his sucker move that he kills me everytime. grrrrrrrr  :bhead
   my point is you have so many different personalities playing  some are going to upset you but not all .you just have to work around them some times .
 now i switched to B.I.S.H.  not because of their so called tactics but because i wanted to see what it was like to with a different group and fight some of the rooks i use to fly with.
 as for this dirty bish theory they are doing the same things that people did when i flew rooks. there is no need to point fingers people are just playing the way they want to all with different goals in mind. im sure with all the different parameters this game allows there will be new and different tactics that we wont like coming. so i  will just take a deep breath and hope i survive long enough  to get a kill here and there.
1 Of these days you will regret shooting me down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4qb6_RPUc

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2016, 02:35:30 PM »
yep youre right. if you tell a contrarian that he's being a contrarian, they'll say, "no im not"
:rofl :rofl :aok
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org