Author Topic: Beta 31/32/33 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 2077 times)

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
Re: Beta 31/32/33 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2016, 10:17:35 PM »
Test with rift cv1

The tank main gun sight issue is much better. If I adjust my headset just right and look all the way up with my eyes, I can see the range numbers but it is uncomfortable. If you could drop the numbers or tilt the view a little more up, I think it would be better.

Terry

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2016, 10:09:52 AM »
CV making a turn through the land mass

342251,84,-163033,0.0,0.0,142.9
craterma

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2016, 01:19:06 PM »
I could not get mapping the left mouse button to a joystick button to work? I mapped button 3 to the mouse gui left button. When I put the cursor on an item and press button 3 on the joystick, nothing happened. I thought it should work the same as clicking the mouse button.

Also what does mouse gui toggle do?

Terry

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2016, 02:31:26 PM »
Chilli reported the random black screen on exit in patch 31. I saw it in my first run under dx11 after clicking OK in the Graphics Options dialog. The second time it didn't repeat.

dx11 loads much slower on my FE compared to dx9.

Both dx9 and dx11 have black flashes too quick for me to screen capture. They look like they might be dialog window rectangles.

I get the black flashes much slower and they appear to be at my 90 degree periphery as strange shadow blocks I can never turn and look directly at. This happened with my 6770 and now with my 760. On CrateMA I still get random light flashes when clouds update as they move.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2016, 04:05:04 PM »
On CrateMA I still get random light flashes when clouds update as they move.

Yes, this happens for me in both dx9 and dx11 on my HD 6850.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2016, 09:25:15 PM »
Another day playing in Beta and a few items to report:

1) While fighting an enemy Corsair, he suddenly warped 800 away and then went level.  After I shot him down, I noticed I had two kills messages on him.  Turns out he disco'd while I was fighting him (confirmed upon his returning to the arena).  So, it appears there was a bug whereupon I was awarded a (proxy?) kill when he disco'd and then the second kill upon shooting the AI.  If it helps in reproducing this bug, just prior to the disco I believe I had hits on him, however I can't be sure (see below).

2) I encountered another player that ultimately appeared to be an AI (that player came back in saying they disco'd also) and shot both his wings off.  His plane (Tempest) continued flying straight and level despite having no wings.  I gave him a longer burst into the fusilage and he finally went poof.  Seems the AI put in flight upon disco are behaving like offline AI, where they continue flying despite damage until a pilot kill is scored(?).

3) I too am having a good deal of difficulty seeing tracers and hits without being zoomed way in.  I was running the default (80) FOV, which I was told would make that easier/better.  However, it still seems extremely hard to see tracers.  If this is more realistic, that is fine, but I believe it will make gameplay much more difficult, especially for those who have difficulty with gunnery.

4) I also noticed long distant aircraft have dots that are rendering much larger or darker (black) as compared to AHII where they appear more as a small "grey" dot.  This makes spotting aircraft at very long ranges (well outside of icon) MUCH easier.  In fact, it was confusing me, because I expected them to be considerably closer than they actually were, due to the clarity of the dot.  I haven't tested this extensively yet, so I can't speak to the ranges involved (I may look at some film and determine that later).  Has something changed about how distant dots render in AHIII?

5) I noticed in the Carrier Hanger, that the ord carts block the view of some of the loadout items.  For example, select an F4F in the CV hanger and notice it is hard to see the bombs, and the second guns package is not visible at all.  A suggestion would be to place the ord carts behind (above) the loadouts, so they don't partially or fully obscure the loadout items.

6) There are a lot of "partial trees", when they are on slopes they come out of the ground about halfway up (about leaf level).  For example, if you go to Bish V-base 149 and look out the tower window (default south) you can see what I mean. Someone suggested I report the locations of these, but upon looking around they are everywhere.

7) I noticed that if you Alt-Tab out in flight, in an aircraft or vehicle, and then click back into the game, you get the engine starting sound for a moment before the full engine sound.  This could be exploited in ways I will not mention here.

However while testing this, I did notice that when you drive on concrete instead of ground terrian, the GV sounds are different -- very cool.  In fact, do a power slide in a Jeep on the runway -- it sounds fantastic!

All for now. <S>
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 09:34:15 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2016, 05:06:56 PM »
Logged in two times. Took off and made a couple of maneuvers and screen lock. Can't get out in any way except reboot. DX11
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline ColTomb

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2016, 08:24:54 PM »
TrackIR 5 does not work with DX11. It does work with DX9. The axis curves appear to be a bit more snappy in DX9 than in AH2.

When switching from DX9 to DX11 TrackIR 5 will work for about 2 seconds and then quit with the green game connect light

on the camera going out. I normally do not have any boxes checked in the VR options settings, but have tried it with different

combinations of VR enabled, disabled, relative view enabled, disabled. TrackIR 5 has worked with previous DX11 beta releases.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2016, 10:48:17 AM »
TrackIR 5 does not work with DX11. It does work with DX9. The axis curves appear to be a bit more snappy in DX9 than in AH2.

When switching from DX9 to DX11 TrackIR 5 will work for about 2 seconds and then quit with the green game connect light

on the camera going out. I normally do not have any boxes checked in the VR options settings, but have tried it with different

combinations of VR enabled, disabled, relative view enabled, disabled. TrackIR 5 has worked with previous DX11 beta releases.

The Disable VR must be Un Checked.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2016, 01:49:43 PM »
3) I too am having a good deal of difficulty seeing tracers and hits without being zoomed way in.  I was running the default (80) FOV, which I was told would make that easier/better.  However, it still seems extremely hard to see tracers.  If this is more realistic, that is fine, but I believe it will make gameplay much more difficult, especially for those who have difficulty with gunnery.

Kingpin try looking into the following:

If you are using an Nvidia card and an HDMI connection. Take a look at "output dynamic range" and see if it is full or limited. In the GeForce forums they admit if you use an HDMI cable with a GeForce card that the color won't look right because you are not getting full RGB output. When you use an HDMI cabel the RGB output range defaults to limited instead of full. When I changed mine to full, I started seeing the tracers.

Here is an in-depth article about this:

https://pcmonitors.info/articles/correcting-hdmi-colour-on-nvidia-and-amd-gpus/
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline ColTomb

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2016, 03:49:06 PM »
As indicated in the original post "I normally do not have any boxes checked in the VR options settings". this includes VR disable.

I installed the full version of Beta 31/32/33. Copied the settings, sights, ah3terr folders from the previous beta version to the

Beta 31/32/33 install.

Edit.  I just reinstalled the full version on top of the other one. It appears that TrackIR 5 functions correctly now.

Another edit.  Coping the settings folder to the new install is what is causing my TrackIR 5 to fail.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 04:09:35 PM by ColTomb »

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2016, 04:30:15 AM »
Kingpin try looking into the following:

If you are using an Nvidia card and an HDMI connection. Take a look at "output dynamic range" and see if it is full or limited. In the GeForce forums they admit if you use an HDMI cable with a GeForce card that the color won't look right because you are not getting full RGB output. When you use an HDMI cabel the RGB output range defaults to limited instead of full. When I changed mine to full, I started seeing the tracers.

Here is an in-depth article about this:

https://pcmonitors.info/articles/correcting-hdmi-colour-on-nvidia-and-amd-gpus/

Thanks for the suggestion, Buster, but I have an AMD card and am not using the HDMI connection.

The tracers are showing, it's just that they are extremely difficult to see, even at 80 FOV.  I thought maybe you were onto something with the color, as I think it might be a lack of contrast along with the smaller tracers.

I can live with it and get used to it, but I'm concerned about others having issues, especially newer players.  Thanks again for the help.

<S>
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.