Author Topic: Orico PVU3-7U USB 3.0\PCI-E 7-Port Card  (Read 571 times)

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
Orico PVU3-7U USB 3.0\PCI-E 7-Port Card
« on: December 21, 2016, 08:06:50 PM »
Just got this today and have installed it along w\ 3-Rosewill 3' USB 2.0 extension cables to hook up my CH USB HOTAS and have removed the old trusty Belkin ExpressBus 4-port USB 1.1 bus-powered hub I've been using for the last 15 yrs and Gigabyte USB 3.1C\PCI-E card (was powered off the PCI-E slot only @ 5v) and all came up well. Installed drivers for the Orico, rebooted and all came up hot, straight and normal.

This USB 3.0\PCI-E card uses 12v power from your PSU thru a SATA 15-pin connector to power the USB devices hooked up to it. Got all this set up on my box then checked it in Device Manager and all came up clean and this adapter card was designed for full power access to all 7 USB ports (driver\hardware has NO power saving support.......YES!). Was kinda concerned that this card was using the VIA USB controller chipsets onboard but so far all is working swell (remember having a LOT of issues back in the day w\ mobos that were equipped w\ VIA USB chipsets......my 1st computer build......have stayed away from them since until now).

Calibrated all CH controllers then went in AHIII to test them out now that each CH controller has it's own USB port to supply it power\communicate thru to the PCI-E slot @ PCI-E 3.x speeds of 1Gbps.....................

All I can say is that I wish I'd done this much sooner as the controller response is SOOOOOOO much smoother and precise over running thru my Belkin hub..........................

Good to go!

:aok  :rock

Here is a link to read up on it if interested.

http://www.orico.cc/goods.php?id=6284

:salute

Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Re: Orico PVU3-7U USB 3.0\PCI-E 7-Port Card
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 06:41:53 AM »
My powered hub would not recognize my rudder pedals and I lacked adequate rear USB ports, so I eliminated the powered hub and installed one of these and it works well. If you do get one of these make sure to check for adequate sata power plugs to power the card.  Thanks for posting Pudgie
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Das-Beste-kommt-erst-noch

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
Re: Orico PVU3-7U USB 3.0\PCI-E 7-Port Card
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 02:43:34 PM »
My powered hub would not recognize my rudder pedals and I lacked adequate rear USB ports, so I eliminated the powered hub and installed one of these and it works well. If you do get one of these make sure to check for adequate sata power plugs to power the card.  Thanks for posting Pudgie

No problem, SNO.

Glad you got all sorted out!

:aok

:salute
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd