Author Topic: What does everone think of the name war online?  (Read 1867 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: What does everone think of the name war online?
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2016, 05:02:31 PM »
I actually do like it. 

I'd recommend, "WorldWar2Online"

But I like the direction you are going with it.

There is already a game by that name, or at least was.  Think Cornered Rats rebranded WW2Online to Battlefield Europe.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2016, 05:05:50 PM »
If this is because AH has out grown the front page description of:

Aces High takes the art and science of vintage WW1 and WW2 air combat and sets it in a high intensity online multiplayer environment.

A name change( re-branding) to bring the AH world inline with where it has evolved, will help a new generation of subscribers identify with what they will see when entering AH3.

We fight a forever war in the air, land, and sea. We have dedicated pilots and tank commanders who cross disciplines to increase their fun because the game has evolved into offering so much. A new name leaves the door open to more evolution, rather than stick AH in a narrow niche of "only air combat matters". That just happens to take place over the top of tanks and ships customers are paying $14.95 to play war with.

Air combat will always be prime because of the "super hero aspect" of air combat and 1000lb bombs. And this game world as a whole has attracted players with so many other interests and talents which the Aces High world has been able to support with their ingenuity. The Aces High world is now a clay that can be easily molded into so many aspects of WW2 because it's creator made it so the player can use simple tools to duplicate those aspects.

A new name to look at this game with will also distance the Aces High of old and all of it's acrimony baggage from the minds of new customers so they only know the new game Hitech has created. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2016, 05:34:10 PM »
+1 pempquist
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2016, 05:58:52 PM »
How about something along the lines of "multiplayer combat"

the online would be assumed!   It doesnt exactly roll off your tongue but but for a search engine it might work???

But what do I know I dont have an FB account so therefore I dont exist........ :rofl :rofl :rofl

:salute

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2016, 06:17:05 PM »
I like it, should bring in more traffic
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2016, 06:18:58 PM »
Hi Hitech, I think the name is a little to similar to ww2online.
Maybe AcesOfWar or something, to distinguish it from it's competitor.

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2016, 06:30:06 PM »
SecondWorldWarCombat

Just throwing get it out there..
We is brainstorming innit.
<S>
Jimmy
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2016, 06:46:09 PM »
Changing the website name is a great idea!

I think it's a hell of a lot better than Hitechcreations.com

Could I also recommend that you delete notes off your website that say things like "servers are down" when they happened weeks or month ago in the past. It doesn't give off a good vibe. Maybe people will think the game shut down. Too be honest,  I think there needs to be much more picture art and great videos posted right on the front page. You gotta hype people up so they get excited about downloading the game. 

I think the name will attract attention. It's not my favorite name, I really like Saves name idea the best. Waronline is a name that has a lot to live up to. 

Just my .2 cents.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2016, 06:55:01 PM »
"Fly Aces High at Waronline.com" also gives me the impression that Waronline.com must have several titles available to play, one of which is Aces High.  Otherwise why the two names?  Normally I would just expect to fly Aces High at AcesHigh.com.

Nailed it.  :aok

Hitech, remember that anyone looking for this game is simply going to Google the name they remember. Give them only one - Aces High. Then make sure the site URL has the product name in it.

Even your old URL "Flyaceshigh.com" was better than the current URL for HTC. Adding "War Online" is to the mix will not help bring people to the game but will probably keep people away via product confusion.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2016, 07:20:21 PM »
Adding the words war or world war could be useful to get traffic from internet searches.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2016, 07:54:56 PM »
I too have always liked the title Aceshigh.com. It's a cool name. I think it should be added to the same URL list that directs you to the website.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2016, 07:58:39 PM »
I too have always liked the title Aceshigh.com. It's a cool name. I think it should be added to the same URL list that directs you to the website.

+1
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2016, 08:01:31 PM »
I like the idea of trying to encompass all aspects of ww2 rather than just air combat. Battleground WW2 or something like that that hasn't been taken.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2016, 08:02:53 PM »
There is already a game by that name, or at least was.  Think Cornered Rats rebranded WW2Online to Battlefield Europe.

Ack Ack is correct cornered rat originally title that World War II online and then they did some more work to it and rebranded it to Battlefield Europe I still play the game, the ground game is really fun especially when you play as Infantry but their air-to-air is something to be desired. I've been playing it since its first launch.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 08:05:17 PM by 68ZooM »
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2016, 08:07:54 PM »
I like the idea of trying to encompass all aspects of ww2 rather than just air combat. Battleground WW2 or something like that that hasn't been taken.

I thought so too but all of the good names have been taken.  WarZone would be a perfect title, but it is taken.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."