Author Topic: Suggestions regarding next Scenario (October, 2016)  (Read 17884 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: Suggestions regarding next Scenario (October, 2016)
« Reply #420 on: August 28, 2016, 09:47:44 AM »
doesn't the 109 G6 have 3x cannon and the 190's 4x cannon and both can easily outrun all allied fighters?? 

shooting buffs is easy.

Ju88s will be very easy
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #421 on: August 28, 2016, 10:31:11 AM »
The A5s aren't good for anything but killing bombers...what are we going to turn fight them with the spits or the 38s....6 dedicated bomber killers against 25 attack planes per hour...and no one in their right mind is going to take gondies in the 109s...that's just begging to be killed by Allied fighters... But odds are probably half of the 109s will be taking gondies by hour six because the bombers are going to roam freely because what...the 202s ain't gonna be worth nothing...the 109s are gonna be tied up...but those 6 A5s....

Some allied talking head will be along shortly to tell us how outgunned they are again..."109g6s are the best fighter in the scenario.... They have a 10mph advantage over the 30 p38s we have"

But that's OK... We all know how these types of things turn out ...

Cause I'm gonna find every Luftwaffe ringer I can...and I'm gonna get them in a 109...and we are gonna find and kill every Allied fighter, every hour, for 12 hours....
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #422 on: August 28, 2016, 02:09:53 PM »
The A5s aren't good for anything but ...

I've flown 190A-5's in scenarios and flown against 190A-5's in scenarios -- they are awesome against their historical fighter adversaries.  We had no trouble in A-5's even against Spit IX's.  The last three scenarios with 190A-5's in them, the A-5's were the highest scoring group (sometimes by multiples of the kills of the 2nd-highest-scoring group), and in ECA, which had two 190A-5 groups, one was #1 and the other was #2.  I think Stampf, Ditto, Charge, and (were they still around) DrBone and IrishOne would all disagree with your opinion of the A-5 in scenarios.

what are we going to ...

I think that the axis has better fighters and that the allies have better bombers, and that in total it balances out.  Regardless, these are the plane types that were there.

In particular regarding bombers, I have flown the Ju 88 in scenarios more than any other player.   They are a lot better than people think, and (except for Mediterranean Maelstrom) I've done well in them.  I like them just fine.  They are not as good as B-17's or B-26's in defense, of course, but they carry as much ord as B-17's, and they are better than B-25's in both defense and way better in ord.

"109g6s are the best fighter in the scenario.... They have a 10mph advantage ..."

Having flown scenarios in 190A-5's (against Spit IX's, Spit V's, and Typhoons), 109G's (against P-51's, P-47's, P-38's), and P-38's (against 109G's and 190A-5's), my feeling is that the 190A-5 is best, followed by the 109G, followed by the P-38.

We all know how these types of things turn out ...

Here are the results of all scenarios back to 2004 that had the Luftwaffe as a side.  As you can see, it's quite even.

Battle of the Dnieper -- draw
    Southern Conquest -- draw
    Target for Today -- missed this one
    Battle Over the Winter Line -- allies won
    Battle of Britain 2013  -- axis won
    Mediterranean Maelstrom  -- allies won
    Der Grosse Schlag II  -- axis won
    Winter Sky - Death Ground -- axis won
    Enemy Coast Ahead  -- axis won
    Battle Over Germany  -- axis won
    The Final Battle  -- allies won
    Red Storm / Krupp Steel  -- allies won
    Tunisia: Dawn of Battle -- allies won
    Battle of Britain 2008  -- axis won
    Der Grosse Schlag -- axis won
    Operation Husky  -- allies won
    Battle of Britain 2006 -- axis won
    Fire Over Malta  -- allies won
    Battle of Britain 2004 -- allies won

Cause I'm gonna find every Luftwaffe ringer I can...and I'm gonna get them in a 109...and we are gonna find and kill every Allied fighter, every hour, for 12 hours....

That's the spirit! :aok

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #423 on: September 02, 2016, 12:07:12 PM »
Havent read all 29 pages but i think the plane sets its not too bad, LW had better fighters but were outnumbered. Sides will be more equal in the scenario but by adding more spits/38:s instead of P-40s it should offset. 109 and 190 is better in a pure A2A fight but this is also about killing bombers and B-17 and 26 is much harder to kill than the Ju-88 so we can assume that the LW will suffer much bigger losses to bombers than the allies (even a PW or a smoked engine will be a loss since you are out until next launch window).
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking