Author Topic: August KOTH I and II results  (Read 584 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
August KOTH I and II results
« on: August 27, 2016, 10:11:26 PM »
As we usher in a new age of Aces High we say good bye to Aces High 2 King of the Hill. Got to say the last 2 champions of Aces High 2 are probably the most deserving out of the entire community for the honor.

KOTH I went 8 rounds with Bruv119 taking it home against 12 other pilots. Krup and 2cmex were both wabbits and will also be getting their invites to TOC.

Round 1- Spit 9 Violator
Round 2- F4UID Krupnski
Round 3- LA5 Krupnski (Wabbit)
Round 4- 190A8 2cmex
Round 5- N1K Bruv119
Round 6- spit 5 2cmex (Wabbit)
Round 7-N1k Bruv119 (Wabbit)
Round 8- BF109G2 Bruv119 Winner

KOTH II went 8 rounds and TC won it against 6 other pilots. Violator and Krup both wabbited and have earned their spot into TOC

Round 1- F4U1 Krup
Round 2- P51D TC
Round 3- C202 Krup (Wabbit)
Round 4- F4u1D TC
Round 5 P40N slid3r
Round 6 109E Violator
Round 7 190A5 Violator (Wabbit)
Round 8 C205 TC Winner

Thanks to all that came out, I forgot which Spitfire Bruv picked for KOTH I but TC selected the F4U1 for KOTH II's first ride.

Again Congrats to Bruv119 and TC Well Flown Gents!!! :rock :rock :rock :airplane:

:salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: August KOTH I and II results
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 01:19:21 AM »
was some great fighting.   TC and I had a crazy long fight in spit9's 1st round.  I must have hit him about 4 times and stopped shooting thinking he was done each time.   In a rolling scissor fight that usually means the other guy then has a chance for a shot which then happened 4 times against me.   TC had shots aswell went on for about 5 minutes was madness.   

I look forward to next month and us having another 2 KOTH's but this time in all the glory of AH3.     :aok

oh and Spit 9 of course. 
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Re: August KOTH I and II results
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 09:18:20 PM »
Those were some crazy fights.  Some real titans showed up for the last KOTH of AH! Most of the guys were of the caliber where I usually lose and my only chance is to fly absolutely perfectly and without any distraction.  The problem was, you get into a fight with one like that, and then into range comes a 2nd or 3rd! How's that for a distraction?  :uhoh

I'm going to need to drag some of you into the DA over the next few months so I don't completely embarrass myself in the TOC!

If you're a new player reading the above ^ don't let it intimidate you - come join us.  Do your best and if you're shot down, come watch the fights in CM Eye mode.  I guarantee you, if you pay attention and observe what is going on, you will learn more from this one event than you will in months of flying the MA.  It's going to help you learn what to do when you're flying all alone and see a co-alt dot, or are trying to land some kills and have someone diving in behind you.

As an added bonus, when you develop a reputation as being someone who tries and is a good sport, you're also developing a reputation as someone who should be helped out/taught/encouraged by the game's better sticks.  The whole game becomes more fun  :aok
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group