Author Topic: Current test on B-29 and P-38L  (Read 493 times)

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
Current test on B-29 and P-38L
« on: August 02, 2016, 10:39:33 AM »
 :airplane: I spent about an hour flying the 29 and the 38L! Clouds did not affect my FR at all, in fact, it stayed about 60 until I entered the clouds, then jumped to 97 to 101, whole time I was in clouds!
Both aircraft flew pretty decent, but sound still not what it should be on both! Graphic's are great!
Not sure if this info will help, but I am not sure what else to do when in there except fly and bomb!
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: Current test on B-29 and P-38L
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 01:12:58 PM »
Earl, could you please try hard maneuvering in the '38 and let me know what you find?   

Something happens for me in the 38s that doesn't happen in other twins; I'm still testing and comparing.   Basically the engine pitch varies wildly and the plane becomes hard to control when I do high G maneuvers.  I tried this in the Bf110 yesterday and did experience any of the same issues.  FLS says its the result of the new prop model.

EDIT: I can duplicate this now in the Bf110c.   Got airspeed to 300 and initiated a scissors, pulling to blackout in each direction, letting up a bit, then reversing.  Takes about 3 before plane's engine rpm is fluctuating pretty badly.

I haven't noticed the rpm fluctuation in single engine fighters though; will keep testing.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 03:39:44 PM by oboe »

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 01:14:45 PM »
Earl, could you please try hard maneuvering in the '38 and let me know what you find?   

Something happens for me in the 38s that doesn't happen in other twins; I'm still testing and comparing.   Basically the engine pitch varies wildly and the plane becomes hard to control when I do high G maneuvers.  I tried this in the Bf110 yesterday and did experience any of the same issues.  FLS says its the result of the new prop model.

EDIT: I can duplicate this now in the Bf110c.   Got airspeed to 300 and initiated a scissors, pulling to blackout in each direction, letting up a bit, then reversing.  Takes about 3 before plane's engine rpm is fluctuating pretty badly.

I haven't noticed the rpm fluctuation in single engine fighters though; will keep testing.
:airplane: Next time in AH3 Beta, I will try what you suggest on the 38
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 05:07:38 PM »
Oboe,

I found that I had an analog control mapped to the aileron trim.  This pushed aircraft into a spin rather than roll unexpectedly, as well as forced extra controller input to maintain control if combat trim was turned off.  Is it possible that either a throttle or rpm control has been likewise compromised in your profile?