Author Topic: HDTV, can't fill the screen  (Read 486 times)

Offline pxdig

• Copper Member
HDTV, can't fill the screen
« on: August 01, 2016, 05:07:36 PM »
Hello all,

I bought an Hd tv, 1080, to replace my monitor and it's great!  However, aces high doesn't fill in the whole screen.  The game plays flush with the right side of the tv and leaves a black area on the left, top, and bottom.  When not playing AH, the tv screen is full.  I've tried both the manual and auto detect settings on the tv with no positive results.   Any ideas?.?

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
Re: HDTV, can't fill the screen
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 05:19:11 PM »
pxdig can you attach a current dxdiag report from your computer?

How to get a DirectX dialog report:

Click on "START"
    Click "run"
    Type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
    Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 05:24:20 PM by Drane »
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline pxdig

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 05:37:19 PM »
here it is

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 06:55:31 PM »
In that picture there is a button on the lower right that says "save all information". run the dxdiag again, click that and save it someplace you can find it, desktop is where I drop mine. Open it with notepad and copy and paste the top third of the report, up to and including <sound devices>. That will give the info he is looking for as to screen size and video settings.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 07:25:28 PM »
be sure the resolution is correct, then go into control panel find display and you will find "set display to fit screen"

Amd has this in desktop settings,Nvidea has it in display setting.IIRC.

I would also update the TV drivers rather than use generic,if you see the TV by manufacture name and model # you know you have the correct driver.

I've used a TV for several years and occassionally when I boot up I have this issue,usually it's set to a different resolution such a 1600 x ... instead of 1980x ... and the screen is offset with a small black line. it's a simple matter of refreshing the "fit to monitor" or whatever it's called exactly and you should be good to go!

Hope that helps.

:salute