Author Topic: BETA download attempts unsuccesful,...  (Read 276 times)

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
BETA download attempts unsuccesful,...
« on: August 15, 2016, 04:34:20 PM »
....help please, any ideas?  I get anywhere from 0.07 GB to 0.56 GB downloaded, then it shows as an exe file as if it's done, I try to run it and it fails apparently because it's an incomplete file.  Am using Chrome, and Verizon wireless as my ISP, 4G LTE, my best option here in rural Montana mountains....

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

DaddyAce

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: BETA download attempts unsuccesful,...
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 04:35:37 PM »
I seem to remember there was an issue downloading with chrome. Try a different browser.

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 05:48:11 PM »
For what it's worth the download through IE seems smoother and faster so far....will report back on how it works.  Thank you Sir!

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 06:25:34 PM »
It keeps apparently timing out on IE too.  At least IE doesn't treat as a done download.  Download speeds on this file are very slow now, even though Speedtest shows that I have 4+ MD/sec download speed available on the ISP.  Am thinking I need to try again later during a less busy time.

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 10:56:55 PM »
Update, one of my sons this evening turned me on to stand alone download managers, probaly old hat to most here....now that I am downloading through FDM, the download seems to be working, slowly, but surely....

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 06:15:17 AM »
Grab ping plotter and check the connection to the server.  My guess is there will be a lot of data errors in the connection.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 09:05:07 AM »
Thanks for your reply Skuzzy.....and you were correct; when I finally got a "complete" file it would not install due to errors.  The auto-updater for AH II has not been a problem over my 4G LTE, albeit, much smaller files.  But taking your tip to heart Skuzzy it seems my next step is download ping plotter and see if I can identify the problem and address it.  My USB wireless network adapter is suspect too since it shut down part way through the download......

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 12:29:13 PM »
FInallky did get it to download properly through Chrome.  I also downloaded pingplotter (took 3 attempts), and it looks like network issues between here and the htc server.  AH III does run (barely) on this old puter, but clearly past time to build a new puter to enjoy the pretty graphics and join in on the fun!