Author Topic: New Set up Rules and points for this scenario - READ THEM  (Read 9265 times)

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Re: New Set up Rules and points for this scenario - READ THEM
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2016, 07:56:32 AM »
+1

Fellow CMs...

Thanks for your restraint.
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2016, 10:22:51 AM »
That's on me Way.  I should have said from the beginning I agree with you.   

I was just pointing out some logic as I see it, does not mean it is right, or wrong. 

Cic is typically no cake walk, CM has a tougher role, more time consuming just overall.    It is ( time ) the #1 reason I simply have not volunteered to give it a try.  Ops stuff just for my squad can be at times,  more than I have time for.

This one is behind us, now we have a new game all together to deal with.  We all how need to work on making sure we do what we can to keep numbers, as we simply do not know who can and cannot play the game due to hardware issues......

So numbers for September could be a real "who knows for sure"  :headscratch:

So puller, I hear by decree you guys cannot leave , not yet anyways  :devil

:salute
Jdog
Thanks for your response Jdog. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2016, 04:52:33 PM »
The constant arguing, complaining, moaning, foot stomping, etc. that I'm seeing more and more of in here, makes me want to sit down and give careful thought as to why I would want to continue my role...

I can certainly understand why you have that reaction to the more... blunt... criticisms here in the FSO forum. In my time I have been on the receiving end of some pretty shrill complaints directed at the FSO CM team. At the same time, I hope your feelings won't blind you to all the comments that are made here from time to time.

And - as always - thanks once more to the FSO CM team for providing thirty-six events every year that both inspire heated debate and fierce aerial combat. 

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2016, 07:51:49 PM »
I can certainly understand why you have that reaction to the more... blunt... criticisms here in the FSO forum. In my time I have been on the receiving end of some pretty shrill complaints directed at the FSO CM team. At the same time, I hope your feelings won't blind you to all the comments that are made here from time to time.

And - as always - thanks once more to the FSO CM team for providing thirty-six events every year that both inspire heated debate and fierce aerial combat. 

I'm sorry, but I just don't get why there are such criticisms and shrill complaints?  Because we are competitive?  Sure.  No one likes to lose, end the night early, and not see their squad succeed.  I'm also sure Nefarious, Warloc, and Warhawk (swareiam) are turning away resumes right and left from folks wanting to submit a portion of their lives to making scenarios (FSO or otherwise) for the other 97% of the community to enjoy  :rolleyes:

Every time, my squadron gets frustrated with a setup, I suggest they submit an idea to the design team or ask to join and work toward a change.  I'm sure we will be having enough of an issue with FSO with the coming of AHIII and it's unknown effect on our numbers without eating away at it from the inside.

I would like to second Bino's thanks to the folks who do this thing which keeps so many of us here.  This one is over, some things were tried, notes were made for future I'm sure.  Now... about the plane matchups in the Crimean...  :bolt:

SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline Bannor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2016, 11:34:56 PM »
I always err on the optimistic side of things. This was not a great frame performance wise for me and I don't blame anyone except myself. I do appreciate the unpaid time and effort that the CM's put into each and every scenario. It's absolutely impossible to please everyone in this game. They try their best and get beat on for it, mostly from the same people who if they had everything they ever wanted in this game would still find something to be critical of. There's always somebody who looks for the cloud in the silver lining. I do like to hear the constructive criticism offered from some of the cooler heads that roll with the punches when things don't go their way.
 FATE Squad has been a part of FSO for several years. Our squad numbers declined over the years and Nefarious asked us to join up with the Volunteers along with a few other smaller number squads. I am honored to spend my Friday nights with all my squaddies. That's why the points don't matter to me. I do my best every week to make everyone laugh at my antics and get one of Jokers kills or three along the way. I am far from the best stick in this game. My FRIENDS make this fun for me. The other squads I fly with or against, make this fun for me. Beer and tequila make this fun for me (perk ride). <<S>> to all of you who enjoy it for whatever reason that keeps you coming back 3 Fridays a month. Cya in September! :)
Destiny brought you here, now FATE will deal with your six!

Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Offline Joker312

• Nickel Member
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2016, 11:41:05 PM »
Bono and Alpo.... Well said.

I am with you, let's try and better FSO or we shall surely lose it.

The CM's are trying new things, some will work, others will not. We as a community can help them or hinder them with our posts. I would prefer we choose the former.
Joker
80th FS "Headhunters"
FSO Squad 412th FNVG

Offline Joker312

• Nickel Member
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2016, 11:50:07 PM »
Geeze, you gotta steal mine...........:)

Bannor hits the nail on the head, it's bout the people. And any of us tha say otherwise are lying.

We need to work this out.
Joker
80th FS "Headhunters"
FSO Squad 412th FNVG

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2016, 12:15:46 AM »
This, and that his guy is considered one of the best pilots in the N1K2.

I often find the MA pilot performance is not reflected in the SEA.

And I agree with Alpo/banner/joker. You take what you get, that is part of FSO. When you read orders saying your going NoE in IL2s you just grin and think about how you'll make the LW pay.

<S> to the CM's, CIC's, event designers, Squad CO's who put in hard work to bring the rest of us some highly enjoyable fun.

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2016, 07:29:40 AM »

<snip> You take what you get, that is part of FSO. When you read orders saying your going NoE in IL2s you just grin and think about how you'll make the LW pay.

THIS is what keeps me coming back.  Getting those orders from the CiC on Tuesday/Wednesday and sitting down at my desk, scratching my head, and thinking to myself, "How in the hell am I going to make this fustercluck work???" and pulling it off.  :rock
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2016, 03:24:05 PM »
I often find the MA pilot performance is not reflected in the SEA.

Through Aug. Frame 3...2cmex has 43 kills missing about 1 frame a month and not getting any kills in a few

Through this time last year 2cmex had 45 kills and probably missed more than 5 frames...

His yearly total for all of 2015 was 80...makes about 2.25 kills per frame average...

How many kills did you get in FSO last year?

I only had about 20 kills all of last year... :rock

and we wonder why it upsets me that I can't get my guy in his best plane  :confused:

I have a fighter squadron...I expect it to be used as one...not to be given B5Ns with no ords and told to go scouting... :aok

"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline DH367th

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2016, 03:45:30 PM »
See ImADot's  post.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 04:00:27 PM by DH367th »
You don't have to be crazy but it helps

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2016, 03:56:48 PM »
Let's all settle down and take a step back.

Sure there are squads that specialize in the MA. Some are fighter squads, some are bombers, some are GV squads, and some do a little of each. In the MA you have the choice to do whatever you want, in whatever plane you want. In the FSO, it's up to the CiC for a frame to come up with a plan that fills the requirements for that frame. Do not expect that you will be given your preferred ride for your preferred role all the time.

The event does not revolve around any one squad or player.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2016, 04:28:59 PM »
Did we have B5N's in this month?  :headscratch:
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2016, 05:13:05 PM »
Let's all settle down and take a step back.

Sure there are squads that specialize in the MA. Some are fighter squads, some are bombers, some are GV squads, and some do a little of each. In the MA you have the choice to do whatever you want, in whatever plane you want. In the FSO, it's up to the CiC for a frame to come up with a plan that fills the requirements for that frame. Do not expect that you will be given your preferred ride for your preferred role all the time.

The event does not revolve around any one squad or player.

I do what the CIC instructs us to do every frame...

I don't expect any type of preferential treatment...I was stating an obvious fact...you use an asset or waste it...

Quote "Thank you...not one of us C.O.s has ever expected our ride preference every frame...it pretty much tells the CIC to look at all frames involved to make sure that each squad gets their preference at least one frame..." me responding to J-dog up-thread.

Never insinuated anything revolves around my squad or myself...

Did we have B5N's in this month?  :headscratch:

No...but several FSOs ago we were assigned B5Ns with no ords and were sent on a scout mission...I never complained...I didn't ask why...I didn't care why...it was what we were tasked to do...and we went off to our deaths...we found the incoming mission too...

I don't expect much anymore after that...and my guys don't either...

"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2016, 05:34:40 PM »
Through Aug. Frame 3...2cmex has 43 kills missing about 1 frame a month and not getting any kills in a few

Through this time last year 2cmex had 45 kills and probably missed more than 5 frames...

His yearly total for all of 2015 was 80...makes about 2.25 kills per frame average...

How many kills did you get in FSO last year?

Well, I dunno, I only just got back into FSO late last year with the 412th (previously I flew with the Nightmares, and before that MAG-33 when it was called TOD).

But to date this year Nefs stats say I have around 43 kills. I also missed a few frames (thank you daylight savings). And that includes Alpo shooting me down in frame 2 (friendly fire - sorry to bring it up alpo :D ).

And there are plenty of sticks in the 412th that are better than me (and plenty in other FSO squads).

So yeah whatever.