Author Topic: Beta 38 ** DX9 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 2412 times)

Offline 715

• Silver Member
Re: Beta 38 ** DX9 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2016, 08:17:07 PM »
Very strange occurrence that was also seen by another player: we were in tanks defending a town.  A set of enemy Lancs (3) flew overhead, dropped on town, and exited.  From the direction the Lancs exited a set of only two He111s came over the town.  Later the set of 3 Lancs came back, but they had an He111 drone stuck to them, jumping slightly forward/backward (i.e. 4 total planes, one icon).  The Lancs were attacked by a friendly fighter (and one or two destroyed).   Then the player flying He111s exited over the town, but he now had two He111s and a single Lanc drone attached (i.e. three total planes of two types, one icon).  In other words, the two enemy players appeared to have had somehow picked up one of each other's drones due to some bug.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2016, 08:49:47 PM »
I wonder if there were gunners aboard.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2016, 12:54:26 AM »
Ok, now that the .sliders command  is no more, is there a way to tone down the white-out effect on runways and bunkers on fields?  I have tried gamma, post lighting shadows, and nothing seems to help. I always used the .slider settings to counter the over brightness before. I am posting a few examples. Ok in posting these screen shots I noticed something peculiar. In the screenshots the problem is still present but no where near as extreme? In game, when I set gamma at the .6 as in second photo, everything BUT the runways and bunkers where dark. The runway and bunkers(ammo) were actually brighter. Not sure why this is? I am sure its a video card type thing, but how would I set it up too look in game- the way it does in screen shots? The screenshots look a lot crisper and balanced as compared to what I am seeing in game. I have adjusted the monitor settings to get close enough to what I like, but screen shots are exactly what I am trying to get. Any Ideas?
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2016, 11:29:01 AM »
Don't know if this is a bug or intentional but I was piloted wounded while flying an IL2 and didn't know it until I blacked out. No blood on the canopy. My engine was hit too and there was oil on the canopy. I don't think there was the gasp of pain either but I'm not as sure about that.

Tracers from tanks shelling the town don't show. I guess it's realistic but it sure makes them hard to locate. Is it intentional or just my graphics capability?

I was pleasantly surprised that I had frame rates in the low 30s to mid 40s at default settings with my Radeon HD 6950. That's a first in all the patches.
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2016, 11:47:24 AM »
Ok, now that the .sliders command  is no more, is there a way to tone down the white-out effect on runways and bunkers on fields?  I have tried gamma, post lighting shadows, and nothing seems to help. I always used the .slider settings to counter the over brightness before. I am posting a few examples. Ok in posting these screen shots I noticed something peculiar. In the screenshots the problem is still present but no where near as extreme? In game, when I set gamma at the .6 as in second photo, everything BUT the runways and bunkers where dark. The runway and bunkers(ammo) were actually brighter. Not sure why this is? I am sure its a video card type thing, but how would I set it up too look in game- the way it does in screen shots? The screenshots look a lot crisper and balanced as compared to what I am seeing in game. I have adjusted the monitor settings to get close enough to what I like, but screen shots are exactly what I am trying to get. Any Ideas?

Have you ever adjusted your monitor to show every shade of grey? Some hints and tools here: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/5-online-tools-calibrate-monitor/
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline allcrapp

• Zinc Member
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2016, 11:59:58 AM »
there is a glitch with game and not being able to capture airfields. We attacked 31,25,50 too the towns down until white flagged all guns where down and dropped three sets of troops in map room and fields did not take.
we also guarded map rooms so friendly troops could not be dropped and locked for the 30 minutes so that was not an issue. 31 and 25 are nit fields and 50 is a rook field.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2016, 04:38:38 PM »
I hesitated to post this "bug" because it is very complicated to describe and may certainly be unique to resource limitations of my WinXP 32bit system, but one aspect convinced me to proceed.

It involves tree rendering, specifically the palms of SFMA.  My system is E8400 @ 3GHz, HD7870 2GB, WinXP 32bit, 8GB RAM (of which XP only sees <4GB), 2048 or 4096 textures make no difference.  CM view at <1K alt.  Tree Detail set to 18%.  As I increase Detail Range from 0.5 mi to 1.5 mi everything behaves normally, i.e. more and more trees fade into view at an increasing radius from my location.  However, from 1.5 mi to 3 mi something weird happens: more trees fade into view properly at further radii, but many of the close in trees suddenly disappear.  This only happens to the palm trees in the group of eight.  It does not happen to non-palm trees or the group of three palm trees.  Test 2: Ground Range at 3 mi and Tree Detail gradually increased from 18% towards 100%.  At some point the missing local trees pop back into view.

Normally I would say it is some kind of resource limitation, i.e. my 32 bit system can't handle so many polygons.  However, the fact that it only happens to the group of eight palm trees, and that the trees pop back into view when I increase Tree Detail (effectively adding even more polygons) suggests to me that maybe there's an outside chance it is a LOD issue with those trees?

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2016, 05:53:28 PM »

Monitor Id: ACI27C3
        Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
        Output Type: HDMI

See if this link helps since NVIDIA has had a color problem with HDMI and DVI connections.

https://pcmonitors.info/articles/correcting-hdmi-colour-on-nvidia-and-amd-gpus/
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline allcrapp

• Zinc Member
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2016, 07:15:19 PM »
49vman switched sides and is going to all our bases and deacking the fields, ripping vh and hangers down and towns now I see what rvflyer was talking about when he crabbed about the time friendly was killing own tanks on field when trying to defend.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2016, 09:00:52 PM »
BUSTR!!!!! You are my hero!!! Still working with it but that was the problem, THANK YOU
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain