Author Topic: Beta 38 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 3112 times)

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: Beta 38 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2016, 01:44:19 PM »
Using default graphics settings with a solid 59 FR.

Same problem still on cockpit frame shadows.  They are very saw tooth looking. 

Graphics colors and object borders continue to be cartoon like. 

Cockpit gauges still fuzzy even at a fov of 93. 

Cannot see P-38 trim indicator as reported in previous patches.

I bumped my screen resolution up and it took care of these issues I believe.  Here is what 1920 x 1080 looks like (unzoomed):

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2016, 03:37:48 PM »
landed in a boston III with one engine out. could not shut it down with the "E" button. had to do shift-2 to pick that engine then shut it down.
used cntrl E to synchronize engine start and then hit E. engine starts. then hit it again to shut down. did not work. don't know if this is a bug or not.

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2016, 09:30:23 PM »
I hadn't noticed a shock wave from bombs.  Where and how did you observe it?

I was dropping bombs on a town from lancs at about 6k and watching though bomb site. Very nice effect.
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2016, 12:15:38 AM »
Trackir no longer works in this patch.
Edit:
I got it to work by cycling VR on and off or at least I think that is whaat happened.
Maybe! I didn't have that happen. Trackir wont work unless you have it turned on before you start the game. Pretty sure you know this but was only thing I know off that would cause tthat to happen. I you didn't know it...Your welcome!!!
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2016, 03:00:38 AM »
Did I miss something...are clouds off the menu now?
For good...?
Please say it ain't so  :O
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2016, 06:46:18 AM »
landed in a boston III with one engine out. could not shut it down with the "E" button. had to do shift-2 to pick that engine then shut it down.
used cntrl E to synchronize engine start and then hit E. engine starts. then hit it again to shut down. did not work. don't know if this is a bug or not.

I think this bug is a hold over from ah2.  It happens on the P-38 as well.  There seems to be a particular sequence of things that makes it happen but I could never pin it down so I could report it.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2016, 06:49:09 AM »
Maybe! I didn't have that happen. Trackir wont work unless you have it turned on before you start the game. Pretty sure you know this but was only thing I know off that would cause tthat to happen. I you didn't know it...Your welcome!!!

It was on I went to AH2 to make sure trackir was working.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2016, 03:33:48 PM »
Recording Film and avaeto.

The moment the film recorder starts when on-line in avaeto, the game crashes. In Dx9, you see the error message box but in Dx11, everything freezes until you ctrl+alt+del. Some of our players were using the auto record function and their prgm crashed as soon as they took to the field.

I have no problem in off-line recording.

As far as I know, avaeto is the only terrain with custom objects and textures on the server at this time, so I have no other terrain to test against.

In the Supperfly Testing MA and offline with Dx9 & 11, the Film recorder works with avaeto.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2016, 03:52:25 PM »
Server lockup:

When we were doing some testing a few months ago, we uploaded a renamed version of avaeto with the name avalibya anticipating finishing Libya at a later date.

When avalibya is loaded into the AvA arena, the server won't download avalibya to anyone else and that requires me to swap the terrains since no one else has a copy on their hard drive and can't get back in to change it.

I'll be replacing it with another place holder sometime mid-week next week to stop the problem unless you want me to leave it up for your review.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2016, 07:36:18 PM »
Devil5O5 had a problem launching in the AVA on Saturday night. Everytime he launched a plane, he would Crash To Desktop.

it wasn't until someone suggested he shut off "auto Film Sortie" that the problem stopped.

this was happening to another player also, and that fixed his problem.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2016, 02:14:21 AM »
I encountered a strange shadow glitch while MA just now.  The shadow runs from my A6M3!  :devil  Also my FPS... :(  Take into account, I have everything maxed: Pre-game resolution is 1920x1080 and textures at 4096. In-game, sliders at max (environment slider as well) with everything enabled.  This is DX11.

This next one is the funny one though.  Here, I have 60 FPS both in chase and, while I didn't take a screenie, in cockpit as well (switched to chase and took screenie).

I also get 29-30 FPS while sitting in hanger.  Oddly enough, when I tab out then back in, for a moment my FPS reads 55-60 for a moment before dropping back to 29-30.

EDIT: Also in the first screenshot, the shadow has a jagged/sawtooth appearance now.  I recall it being smoother previous patch.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 02:17:09 AM by Volron »
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2016, 02:40:37 AM »
Encountered two more things just now (both DX11 shots):

TBM has a shadow glitch along wing root and tail.  Makes it look like there is a gap.

And I got a strange message:

When I tabbed back in, engine sound no longer plays.  Ending sortie and reupping fixed engine sound issue though.

And yes, I landed a TBM then drove into town with her. :D

EDIT: Encountered this as well.

I'm sitting inside a hanger in a B-29, looking at my B-29...

Yep.  I've got a cloaking device now.  Try and catch me now! :devil
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 02:47:42 AM by Volron »
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2016, 08:15:11 AM »
Still getting smoke through the firewall during engine start on 109 G14 (maybe others).
Reminds me of a '59 Austin Healey that I used to drive....
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2016, 08:53:35 AM »
There is still a gap between the shadow and the object casting it - I noticed this looking at the underside of the P-38's wing/boom intersection.  IIRC Hitech is aware of problem but hadn't decided how to code the solution yet.  I bring it up just in case it might've gotten overlooked.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2016, 10:21:11 AM »
Each time I log on I resume downloading P-51D skin 8, then I get 27,28,and 29. I confirm they are on the HD. The next time I log on they are gone and start downloading again. After they are downloaded the other aircraft skins resume downloading where they left off last time. This is with both versions DX9 and DX11. They don't disappear until I enter an arena, it happens with auto download on and off.