Author Topic: Troop Icons  (Read 200 times)

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
Troop Icons
« on: August 15, 2016, 04:11:58 PM »
Being a guy that takes troops I have to admit that it is super easy to take a town with a WF with the troops not having icons. 

I had planes circling overhead of me.  I am in the trees.  I was letting a troop run from outside of town every 20 seconds.  The defending planes never saw the troops at all and they got into he MR and took the field.

No I am NOT complaining.  At all.  I very quickly figured out how to defend against this.  But I have to admit that it got almost too easy to take a field without icons on the troops.

Not sure how deeply this has been discussed already.  But I do recommend considering having icons on the troops to give a fair shake at defending a field. 

When everything is down and scattered troops are running to the MR from different directions, it is close to impossible to shoot up troops before a base is taken.

Personally, I like it the way it is, but I do question the no icon thing on troops.  Just opening this up for discussion.  If this has already been vetted, I withdraw my post and request it be locked. 

Thanks! 
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Troop Icons
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 04:18:56 PM »
 :headscratch:

That's...  Hmm...  Let's go with "interesting".  Sure going to change gameplay if that's intentional.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Troop Icons
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 04:51:48 PM »
No troop icons would be a bug, not a feature.

HiTech