Author Topic: Rolling jeep, unable to exit sortie  (Read 319 times)

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
Rolling jeep, unable to exit sortie
« on: August 17, 2016, 02:03:48 AM »
sfma2016
FOV = 74.8

This position up by the shore battery, I rolled my jeep.  While lying on my side, It was like I could see other terrain below the surface of the shore battery hill.  I began a fast spinning and could not end the sortie with the clipboard or the .ef command.  It stated I must be stopped to end sortie.  I alt+tab out of game then stopped AH3 with the task manager.  I went back into the game to SFMA again and I was still spinning, unable to end the sortie.  It had placed me back into the spinning when I entered the arena.  It might have been the resume flight feature if that is enabled for those who disco.  Dunno.  I used the task manager again to close AH3 and went back in to a normal entry into the arena.  I was going to take a screenshot, but it started spinning before I could do that.  Anyways, it seemed strange that I could see terrain below terrain mound that the shore battery sits on while laying on my side in a jeep.  Then I saw the jeep fall through the upper surface and spin away towards the lower terrain underneath.  The terrain beneath appeared to be at about sea level.

one eye 
"One-Eye"

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Rolling jeep, unable to exit sortie
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 07:20:38 PM »
It's the evil underverse. We used to fall through all the time back in the alpha. I thought the spinning GV from rolling down a slope got fixed a while back......
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.