Author Topic: Calling All 12th U.S. Army Air Force Pilots!  (Read 5217 times)

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Re: Calling All 12th U.S. Army Air Force Pilots!
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2016, 08:37:27 AM »
Just curious - will this event take place in AH3?

The only one that can truly answer that is Skuzzy or Hitech himself.
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2016, 03:36:00 PM »

Col. "Black Jack Pershing" SlipKnt. Now here is a guy with a story. So the scuttle butt is that he has had a relative that has fought in every major war the United States has ever engaged in. This guy bleeds RED, WHITE, and BLUE and will push the men under his command to limits previously not thought of. He's by the book with no questions asked. Major Gen. Doolittle requested SlipKnt himself to lead the bomber campaign. To my understanding, bombs will fall on target. So you guys better get ready to give Gerry some hell.

The 97th BG is somewhere over Ascension Island now. Their fuel capacity is large enough for them to come straight over from Panama at altitude and with a really lean mixture. We should see them landing in Casablanca soon.

For you new crew members and officers that did not catch the ride from MacDill AAF. It looks like you will just have to wait for them to arrive.

It just so happens, that your Force Commander is big on educating his pilots and crews. :aok

So with that said, here is a video for you to watch while you wait. "How to fly the B-17 Flying Fortress" from Zeno's Drive-In collection.

Alright carry on...  :salute

And enjoy the video.

Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2016, 04:22:55 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Okay Gents,

You all know this fella and have likely flown with him many times or stood under his command. Colonel Dantoo has been transferred here from action in the South Pacific against the Japanese. He brings with him a wealth of knowledge and experience.

The Colonel upon arrival will take over Air operations, Fighter command and he will also GL the 31st FG. If there was ever a guy that deserves a general command it's this guy. Let's make sure he gets a warm welcome.

His pilots will still be in England when he arrives. He will meet them there and transfer to North Africa.

While his pilots wait, here is an inspiring video about the history of the Supermarine Spitfire. This is fighter that has been assigned to the 31st FG.

If we have Spit XIIs like the image on the video I want the Spits  :aok

Those are my guys from 41 Squadron.  Got to know some of the guys in those Spits in that photo
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2016, 05:36:00 PM »

Ready For Your Verbal Commitments

Alright Fellas,

It's time... We need to start shaking the bushes for pilots. We have 75 seats we need to fill and it's time to get to work. Contact your friends and squaddies and lets get verbal commitments from them.

Here are the possible Scenario Dates:

• October 15th
  • October 22nd
  • October 29th

You can post here, PM me or shoot me an email with the names of your pilots; redtail7@gmail.com

Things will start happening pretty rapidly from here on out.

Train, train, train, train, train...

Hit the MA in the planes you will be flying and let's get some work in. Don't just dogfight as well. Get some endurance flying in.

Most importantly, this is an exercise in how to have fun.  :aok

Let's get to it.

:salute

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2016, 06:47:45 PM »
To reinforce what the boss said.   This is all about having fun...with a big dose of history thrown in :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2016, 04:32:20 PM »
The only one that can truly answer that is Skuzzy or Hitech himself.

Copy that - ready for whatever and been jonesin' for some scenario fun.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2016, 02:28:12 AM »
Just curious - will this event take place in AH3?

Given the past several days' announcements from HTC, it is now very likely that it is going to be AH3.  I'm recommending that everyone practice in AH3 for this one.

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2016, 05:41:32 AM »

Gentlemen,

News and information straight from Major Gen. Doolittle himself.

The transition to AH3 is imminent. All GLs will begin planning the move to forward airfield located in Algeria. Ensure that your pilots have access to AH3 and the latest patch #41. There will likely be several additional patches, but it is important to get patch #41 now.

You can find the patch at the link below;
Aces High 3 Pacth - 41

Once you have transitioned to AH3. Get practice in that arena. The staff believes that you will find the performance of the aircraft slightly different from AH2 to AH3. You don't want to find this out on mission day.

Also the Tunisia Terrain map is now available to be loaded in you're own configurable arena for practice and review for AH3.

I need an update on how our recruiting is going. Let me know who we've picked up.

Remember in a week or so, we will transition to the Allied General Forum where we will begin our planning for battle. This is where we will storm, form and norm ourselves into the team that will be the victors.

Let make ready for these moves. If there are any open questions, post them here. If the are any private questions PM me.  :aok

Let's make it happen "Big 12th"

Offline BFOOT1

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2016, 08:14:32 AM »

Gentlemen,

News and information straight from Major Gen. Doolittle himself.

The transition to AH3 is imminent. All GLs will begin planning the move to forward airfield located in Algeria. Ensure that your pilots have access to AH3 and the latest patch #41. There will likely be several additional patches, but it is important to get patch #41 now.

You can find the patch at the link below;
Aces High 3 Pacth - 41

Once you have transitioned to AH3. Get practice in that arena. The staff believes that you will find the performance of the aircraft slightly different from AH2 to AH3. You don't want to find this out on mission day.

Also the Tunisia Terrain map is now available to be loaded in you're own configurable arena for practice and review for AH3.

I need an update on how our recruiting is going. Let me know who we've picked up.

Remember in a week or so, we will transition to the Allied General Forum where we will begin our planning for battle. This is where we will storm, form and norm ourselves into the team that will be the victors.

Let make ready for these moves. If there are any open questions, post them here. If the are any private questions PM me.  :aok

Let's make it happen "Big 12th"

The 1st FG HQ, has already settled in sir. Waiting on Dan and his boys to arrive to see who can fly the lowest.  :salute
Member of G3MF
III Gruppe, 8 Staffel, JG52, flying Black 12 (Kuban Scenario)

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2016, 12:49:59 PM »
Since flying crappy planes gives you a good excuse when u die I would like to sign up for a P-40.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking