Author Topic: Skins  (Read 419 times)

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
Skins
« on: August 17, 2016, 01:41:17 PM »
On beta, I have a lot of skins showing for airplanes, 99% are red. the very few that are yellow will not change the skin of the plane. This has been this way for a week or better. I transferred the skins from AH II to the beta, was this a mistake. If so, how do I fix it.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Skins
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 01:45:48 PM »
On beta, I have a lot of skins showing for airplanes, 99% are red. the very few that are yellow will not change the skin of the plane. This has been this way for a week or better. I transferred the skins from AH II to the beta, was this a mistake. If so, how do I fix it.

Yes that was a mistake, they are not compatible.

But make sure auto down load is checked in the hangar.

HiTech

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 01:52:08 PM »
Shilo  the red skins you in the hangar at selection mean they are in the lineup to be downloaded.  When only a few are yellow they can't be used either. When the vast majority are yellow the ones in yellow can be used.  Red ones can't be used simply for the fact you don't have them downloaded yet.  A few of us decided to leave our pcs on logged into the game downloading.  We just shut the monitor off and went to bed.  Takes about 48 hours give or take to download them at a fast internet speed.

Maybe someone here with more knowledge then I can be of help to answer your question on transferring them from AHII.  That may be an iffy question.

Edit:  You got the answer from the man himself.  We posted at the same time, he got here first.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 01:53:47 PM by Hajo »
- The Flying Circus -

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 05:22:22 PM »
Thank you. Do I have to delete the skins I downloaded ?

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 05:33:58 PM »
Shilo I believe it would be a great idea  BUT KEEP THE DEFAULT ONE!  The default ones are complaint to AHIII!  (default ones for every aircraft and vehicle in AHIII) even the PT don't forget!

Others please chime in!  Then don't forget to select "auto download of skins".  If you don't have the default one there is nothing in the Hangar to use I would imagine.  But I may be wrong as always.

Do what others did in Beta.  If you wish you can minimize the game to download when you are not their, or you can stay in game.  In both cases shut your monitor down!

Some of us downloaded while asleep, running errands or at work.  Takes a good 48 hours to download all the skins for each aircraft and vehicle!

You can check the download section at the homepage.  I don't know if skins are there for AHIII to be downloaded yet.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 05:36:38 PM by Hajo »
- The Flying Circus -

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 06:07:15 PM »
Thank you. Do I have to delete the skins I downloaded ?

Probably easier to delete the whole skins folder manually.  When you log in, the default skins folder will download and then check the box for automatic download of skins.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2016, 06:13:58 PM »
None of the skins in the skins folder are defaults - feel free to empty the entire folder.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2016, 07:21:19 PM »
YaY Devil thanks for the help and clearing that up.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2016, 09:45:04 AM »
Thank all of you for the info.   :salute