Author Topic: Last weekend of AH2.  (Read 5493 times)

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
Last weekend of AH2.
« on: August 19, 2016, 05:57:43 PM »
Hard to believe, it seems like yesterday when the news came that AH2 was in the works, it seemed like AH1 had barely been out when along came the AH2, which is just "AH" I guess but whatever.  Many years, well over a decade of good times, learning how to fly, fight, and have a fun time.  The game and people have changed over the years, many old hands still around, and it's been a game that many have either stuck around since the start with, or always ended up coming back to.

It's a really incredible story, most games don't last but a couple years before falling massively in popularity, certainly anything past 5 is a real success story, and any that are pushing over 10, a rarity.  I can only think of a few I've played myself over 10, and none over 15, other than Aces High.  It's quite an accomplishment from a small team of creators.

So, while it's out with the old and in with the new probably next week, it seems this will in all likelyhood - should everything work out as planned - that this is going to be the last weekend of AH2.  I hope there is a large turnout in the final days, to send AH/2 off in style, and to show our appreciation of it.

I'm really looking forward to AH3, going through learning what's new, how things work, and just the dynamic environment of being in something new, but I think many will feel a bit of nostalgia saying goodbye to a game that's been here for 15 years, or close to that.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Last weekend of AH2.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 06:24:50 PM »
GMan, it sure has come along way from flying in the beta with HT, Pyro, NB, Lonz, nomde and a handful of others back in what September/October 99..... download was like only 12 or 14 MBs and I was using an Intel 333 Celeron with I think it was a VooDoo 3 4 MB video card.(or was it a 16 MB VC).....lol

IIRC, Aces High has been "Live" for over 16 Years+

It sure has been one helluva awesome blast and I wouldn't take anything for all the memories and friendships!

<§>

TC
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 06:26:26 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 06:26:14 PM »
I had devoted more than 1/3rd of my adult lifetime to AH2...  :old: :uhoh
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 06:48:31 PM »
Agreed - I still show people that size of that original AH1 download in beta, it was one of the things that baffled and amazed me, how something that looked so revolutionary and great for the time compared to competitors could be such a tiny, tiny file size.  Everybody I showed the game too picked it up and played it back then.

IIRC, Aces High has been "Live" for over 16 Years+

Yes, with AH1, I was just speaking specifically of "AH2" in terms of years.  I joined the beta the 2nd week it was out, Soulyss told me about it when talking about WB3 in another game, and said "wait until you try the AH beta, blows it away", and it did.

Great times. 

Going to be great fun again next week too.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 06:50:06 PM by Gman »

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 06:50:34 PM »
I will never grow up!
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 07:58:00 PM »
Me neither, I think I'm aging negatively like Merlin did in King Arthur's tale.  I'm becoming a bigger geek the older I get. 

Hope to see you guys up this weekend.

Offline BBQsam

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 09:38:44 PM »
Yes this is the official statement from HTC on the beginning of AH3 next week,  yes it is really happening!

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,380823.0.html
"I have really only one simple rule,
Give more to the game than you take away."
Zoney  December 23, 2009  ahbbs
--------------------------------------------------
<Salute> Pipz    September 27, 2017   RIP

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 10:06:41 PM »
Yes this is the official statement from HTC on the beginning of AH3 next week,  yes it is really happening!

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,380823.0.html

The statement actually says pre-release testing is starting next week.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2016, 12:32:18 AM »
The statement actually says pre-release testing is starting next week.

but look at what they are testing :).

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2016, 01:29:10 AM »
It's been a storied career for AH2 for sure. A lot of things have changed over the years but AH has always been a constant .  IT will be sad to see AH2 go , but exciting to see what AH3 hold in store for the future. 

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2016, 02:14:04 AM »
It is crazy that I have been playing the same game for 15 years.
HT has ruined computer gaming for me...

I have my fingers crossed for AH3 success and an other 15 years of AH.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2016, 09:45:16 AM »
Start beta testing over again just to be sure it's ready...I wish AH2 wasn't going away... It's like an old pillow.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 10:28:27 AM by BuckShot »
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2016, 12:20:17 PM »
when I was younger, lived with parents, and had decent jobs no bill's to pay-blowing paychecks on cars,movies,stereo equipment and such.never paid attention to computers internet-or online video games-I missed all the earley games AW and other such WWII games..late in life finally got cable tv-then satellite tv first saw a commercial for AH2-wow freaked me out.i've always been a big fan of WWII movies and WWII aircraft esp. mustangs. did everything leagel to get a computer and internet.1st internet was dial up-it really sucked.then wifi came out-it was like the heavens opened up..been addicted ever since--and always regretted not getting into computers sooner. I will continue to play as long as able to.i've seen other games on youtube-u know the ones I mean,but don't compare to aces high.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2016, 12:38:25 PM »
It seems like yesterday when Mipoikel, our glorious leader, told us about AH2: There's windmills and their wings are rotating!

Who has stolen this one and a half decade of my life?  :cheers:
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2016, 02:18:15 PM »
See rule 4 for the closing credits.

HiTech
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 02:40:34 PM by hitech »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho