Author Topic: text macros  (Read 404 times)

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
text macros
« on: August 04, 2016, 01:24:25 PM »
A post by a player who has problems using vox reminded me of the text macros that people used in AW:  "cc", "OTW" "WTG", etc.
Back then, I used the CH controller software to make macros, but it might be useful if it could be done in-game.  Maybe allow
three (?) macros to be mapped to a controller or the keyboard.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
Re: text macros
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 02:55:49 PM »
A post by a player who has problems using vox reminded me of the text macros that people used in AW:  "cc", "OTW" "WTG", etc.
Back then, I used the CH controller software to make macros, but it might be useful if it could be done in-game.  Maybe allow
three (?) macros to be mapped to a controller or the keyboard.

You'll probably get beat silly for having the nerve to suggest something like that but man o live I had forgotten about that.  Too low brow for this crowd, he he, these guys are Flight Sim Pilots not a bunch of half crazy 20 year olds
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 03:04:32 PM by Hungry »
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 03:04:56 PM »
These would be useful:  "cc",  "in",  "out".

Or:  "FW porking ords and dar", "Yak hiding in the field ack", "CV turned just as I was landing". 

I'm sure there are others.   :devil
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 03:08:32 PM »
HTC might not condone macros, but you could use Voice Attack. It's made for acting on voice commands, like if you say "Engage warp drive" in a space game, it could retract weapons if they are deployed and then activate the warp engines - all by passing the corresponding key presses to the game. Along with voice recognition, you can assign a keyboard shortcut or a controller button press.

It would be easy to create a macro that would open the text radio to the channel you want, then enter in a preset message, then (for safety) do nothing else; you would manually hit enter to send the message.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 06:56:40 PM »
The ideas is that text macros would be useful for players who have trouble using voice comms (or commands).
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 08:33:23 PM »
The ideas is that text macros would be useful for players who have trouble using voice comms (or commands).

As I said, Voice Attack lets you assign the macro to a button; you don't need to use the voice recognition. It has a free version and might be worth trying.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 07:57:07 AM »
The return of the "Kill Macro"..............    :banana:

So can anyone here remember their AW kill macro?????

HOWZAT!
Ludere Vincere

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 10:05:02 AM »
A page of custom macros on the clipboard or a separate macro clipboard would be nice for VR. They could be assigned to keys or controllers or just click the one you want.