Author Topic: video resolution?  (Read 744 times)

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
video resolution?
« on: August 23, 2016, 09:59:48 PM »
What is the proper way to set that. Until the  2nd update of ah3 today I could see my frame rates and the speed, alt indicator in the top right hand corner. now about half of that is cut off.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: video resolution?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 10:05:20 PM »
Set it the same as your desktop. Right click the desktop to check your resolution. Then start the game. When the note book first comes up select video settings instead of "online arenas". Set the resolution to what ever your desktop was at.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 10:08:12 PM »
What is the proper way to set that. Until the  2nd update of ah3 today I could see my frame rates and the speed, alt indicator in the top right hand corner. now about half of that is cut off.

Use the same resolution you use in AH2. The default FOV is different in AH3, you might want to set that the same as AH2 also.

To fix your issue go to clipboard/options/preferences/GUI, that will let you move the frame rate and speed/alt windows where you want them with the mouse.

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 08:49:30 AM »
my native resolution is 1400/900 , I was using 1280/1024 in ah2 and things seemed fine.
got the frame rate and speed indicator showing up now but had to use your method to make that happen.

now when someone talks I can only see the very bottom of their name in upper right hand corner.

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 10:49:25 AM »
Try selecting 1400 x 900 in the opening menu, that should let you see the full screen.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 11:24:10 AM by Drane »
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 10:57:57 AM »
So you are telling the game to run in a resolution with more vertical lines than your monitor physically has.

One of two things is going to happen.

1)  If the monitor is set to automatically resize, then the 1024 will get reduced to 900 lines and the horizontal image will get compressed a bit.

2)  If the monitor does not auto-resize, then the video image is going to be clipped.  You are going to lose 1024-900=124 lines off the bottom of the game image.

So why are you running a foreign resolution and not the native one?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 11:27:35 AM »
my native resolution is 1400/900 , I was using 1280/1024 in ah2 and things seemed fine.
got the frame rate and speed indicator showing up now but had to use your method to make that happen.

now when someone talks I can only see the very bottom of their name in upper right hand corner.

It's best to run the game at the monitor's native resolution. That will give you the best visual quality and you will be able to see all your text boxes.  You can adjust the apparent size of the game by changing the FOV setting.

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 11:30:34 AM »
Try selecting 1400 x 900 in the opening menu, that should let you see the full screen.

Is it actually 1440 x 900? Then if you choose that or 1280 x 800 AH should fit your screen better. Those are 16 x 10 ratios.

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 11:35:00 AM »
It's best to run the game at the monitor's native resolution. That will give you the best visual quality and you will be able to see all your text boxes.  You can adjust the apparent size of the game by changing the FOV setting.

Agreed with native resolution, but, for example my HD7750 1GB video card can't run AHIII in 1080p without gagging and weird stuff happens. So choosing a lower resolution with the same aspect ratio of the monitor might be a good compromise to let AHIII run ok at a decent frame rate.

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2016, 03:08:06 PM »
let me clarify. I currently have it set to native resolution and I can only see the very bottom of the name of who is speaking

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2016, 02:20:57 AM »
Try auto-adjusting your monitor centering. On some monitors there's a button labeled Auto, on some others you have to scroll through the menus to find it.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni