Author Topic: This Sunday  (Read 646 times)

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
This Sunday
« on: August 21, 2016, 05:01:20 PM »
Great gameplay in Beta, had up to 42 people on.  Did base taking, bombing and fighters.  Very good fights!

Wasting time if not there
- The Flying Circus -

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: This Sunday
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 10:16:03 PM »
Ended up with a bumper crop furballing and tankballing in AH2 tonight. It's like they are getting everything they can before having to mess with the beta. Normal stories of trying the beta and low FPS by some. A black and white cutoff day from AH2 forcing an AHIII game download will be the only way to get a number of them to look at AHIII.

I got my new PC finished Saturday night with everything up and running. I played in AH2 tonight to see what AH2 looks like with all the sliders up full and boxes checked in advanced graphics. FPS held 59-60 everywhere, and I was "amazed" what Hitech had done with only DX9 and processing graphics through the CPU. The man is a genius to have gotten so much out of the DX9 API. Reminded me of the closed alpha 18 months ago around the time the full NDisles converted terrain was given to use as our test platform. And you played with the results tonight of him tweaking it for the last 18 months.

At least I got to see a masterpiece before it becomes Aces High history and the only thing new players will ever know is AHIII. Tuesday night if the conversion has not happened, I suspect POTW will have it's last full court squad night in the AHII MA. We will try to send AH2 out with a bang to let it know it was well appreciated.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 01:23:05 AM »
Mmm Tuesday pulled pork Bbq night
Nom nom
Dibs on some crackling

Love AH2

Looking forward to loving AH3
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 01:38:46 AM »
Crackling :)

Is it low fat crackling?

I am going to buy a pork joint :banana:

when is AHIIII going to be developed?

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 01:54:43 AM »
when is AHIIII going to be developed?

First, IV is preferred rather than IIII.

To answer your question, it will probably start two weeks after HiTech thinks about it.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 02:25:24 AM »
HT was on yesterday Saturday and Sunday.  He stated we will have a new release mode. Separate folder etc. for AHIII and having the ability for files from AHII to be transferred to III.

If that goes well Beta will no longer be Beta.  It will be AHIII. 
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 02:27:57 AM by Hajo »
- The Flying Circus -