Author Topic: Need help testing something  (Read 422 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Need help testing something
« on: August 23, 2016, 01:30:06 PM »
In the latest AH3, I'm having some weirdness in bombing ships.

Can folks try bombing CV's, CA's, and DD's to see if it works for you (i.e., that your bombs explode when they hit ships)?

You can toggle off "protect objects" so that you can bomb your own stuff in "arena settings->arena flags".

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Need help testing something
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 01:51:39 PM »
This is funny because Nef just ASSURED me SUNDAY afternoon that you guys weren't having ANY problems and he implied there was no reason for consulting with the AvA Staff. :O

I'm sure you'll get to the bottom of it. We haven't dealt with any ships so indeed we wouldn't be able to help you out with this one.

:cheers:
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 04:09:19 PM »
This is funny because Nef just ASSURED me SUNDAY afternoon that you guys weren't having ANY problems and he implied there was no reason for consulting with the AvA Staff. :O

I'm sure you'll get to the bottom of it. We haven't dealt with any ships so indeed we wouldn't be able to help you out with this one.

Well, since I ASSURED you Sunday and today is Tuesday it would make since that I would be unaware of Brookes Ship issue.

This is the exact quote how I responded to Easy's PRIVATE MESSAGE he sent to me...

As far the SEA goes, the only issue we have had with crashes was resolved. It was due to the Arena Logs crashing when aircraft towered out on the runway.

Other than that, we have had no other known issues that have been brought to our attention.

So as you see, it is hardly an assurance or implication of not wanting to consult with you over the phone.

So what's funny is your attitude towards me and clear embellishment of our PRIVATE conversation. I get the feeling you hold some type of resentment or even jealousy towards me. I picked it up in your other PMs you have sent over the last several months, get over yourself.

There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 04:31:57 PM »
I don't think it's an issue with terrain -- it's sort of strange.

There are times when I can drop bombs from a bomber onto a ship, and things work as you'd expect (bombs hit and explode, things blow up on the ship, etc.).

Then there are times when my bombs drop through the ship, don't explode, and don't even put up a spout of water.

It might be one of the smaller number of bugs still remaining in AH3.  I'll have to play around some more to see.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 06:01:19 PM »
I don't think it's an issue with your terrain either just as I hope it isn't an issue with mine. As far as I know, there are only three people that have much experience running setups and modifying setting in our AH3 arena, Jaeger1, me and Nef. As I told Nef when I reached out, we've had game lockups, CDTs and settings that appear to get unstuck.
We've had buildings with modified hardness refuse to go down. I'm not ready to call that a bug as we've been modifying too many untried things opening ourselves up for errors.
Once something starts to go wrong, the tendency is to start grabbing for the arena handles. That's a very bad idea in the middle of a frame. I hope you find out what's happening with your ships.

Yes Nef, NOW I have an attitude. I've assumed you'll be the next CM lead and I reached out to you with offers to help your team with terrains when it was suggested AH3 might suddenly go live. No one I know with an attitude toward someone else sends that person their telephone number. :O
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001