Author Topic: coming back  (Read 228 times)

Offline pxdig

• Copper Member
coming back
« on: August 28, 2016, 01:31:51 PM »
i have been away from AH for about 5 years.   But since the (b) witch of a girlfriend i had left and I seem to have extra cash/time im thinking about returning.

I saw the video of the new Beta, and it looks awesome.  So, i am thinking about building a home cockpit that would really make it something special.

my questions are as follows, yes I did do a search and did not find the answer:

Recommended system requirements?
if I want to run a triple monitor system, what video card? monitor requirements ?
compatible with IRtrak?
and lastly, is this game still popular? is it still enjoyable?

Thanks to all who reply....

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: coming back
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 01:45:52 PM »
For a triple monitor system a GeForce GTX 1070 or better should give you the maximum frame rate with most eye candy enabled. Unless you choose triple 2560x1440 144 Hz monitors, that is...
TrakIR is supported.
Popular? Not as populated as it used to be back in AH1, but it looks like an increasing number of old familiar names are returning along with the new ones. Add yourself to the count.

Download your free copy of AH3. Who are we to tell if you like the game or don't?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: coming back
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 01:55:51 PM »
i have been away from AH for about 5 years.   But since the (b) witch of a girlfriend i had left and I seem to have extra cash/time im thinking about returning.

I saw the video of the new Beta, and it looks awesome.  So, i am thinking about building a home cockpit that would really make it something special.

my questions are as follows, yes I did do a search and did not find the answer:

Recommended system requirements?
if I want to run a triple monitor system, what video card? monitor requirements ?
compatible with IRtrak?
and lastly, is this game still popular? is it still enjoyable?

Thanks to all who reply....

That should really improve your chances of not finding a replacement witch.   :D
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."