Author Topic: Vox not working  (Read 373 times)

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Vox not working
« on: September 01, 2016, 10:45:14 PM »
Logged on and vox not working.  Not sending or receiving although I can see the radio box highlight when someone is transmitting on channel. Can't hear myself either.

Uninstalled everything.

Downloaded and reinstalled the game (I did import settings from AHII, and vox IS working in that game).

Before I did the uninstall, I played around with Gamesounds and voice.  When I first logged on, I switched sounds from Speakers to Headset and lost all sound.  Flipped all kinds of switches but nothing worked so I shut the game down and restarted... regular sound came back on.  I am unsure if vox was working previous to this.

Sounblaster Z is sound card.  Beta-Game auto-sets to use Windows Speaker Configuration.  Although I normally use 5.1 discreet in AHII.  I've tried setting to Soundblaster Z.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Vox not working
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 11:12:55 PM »
Any time I switch my sounds from headset to speakers,in individual sound settings on options page for sounds, they quit. >resetv does nothing. I have to close game and restart it for change to take effect. Could be same sort of problem? During day I run game sounds from speakers, but night, when everyone doesn't really care to hear explosions and gunfire, I run all through headsets.  :x
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 11:21:15 PM »
I've not tried resetv, forgot about that.  But, it's not the game sounds that aren't working... it's vox.  So first, I'll try resetv.  But, I have an R9 380 graphix card.  When I did the reinstall... I just noticed I was using the Directx11 version.

WTF?  SHOULD I be?  I mean... sheesh, the game made the decision.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 12:30:35 AM »
Went to Axis vs. Allied... tuned to myself, vox worked.  Was slow to stop the transmit indication in the voice box.  But it worked, checked twice.  Still doesn't work in Open Melee.
Works in WW1... still not in Open Melee

Resetv, never used that before.  Tried 1 and 2.  Game say's resetting, and nothing else.  Should it?

Also made sure everything was clear with firewall (although, I typically have it off anyway)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 12:35:59 AM by Tumor »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 12:42:54 AM »
I have noticed the same thing, sort of. The quality of vox is down from the last beta version, until now. AHII is much better by comparison.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 01:33:54 AM »
Ok

I'm lost.

Open Melee still has no vox.

WW1 and AvA is works fine.

Firewall(s) all off (always were).  Although I did go and ensure there's an exception for AHIII just in case.  For a nice whatever, I also deleted and reinstalled craterma (Open Melee).

Drivers updated. Machine Restarted. Game reinstalled. Checked everything thrice. Resetv (1,2,3 numerous times)

Same result.  I have no vox in Open Melee.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2016, 10:53:01 AM »
Ok

I'm lost.

Open Melee still has no vox.

WW1 and AvA is works fine.

Firewall(s) all off (always were).  Although I did go and ensure there's an exception for AHIII just in case.  For a nice whatever, I also deleted and reinstalled craterma (Open Melee).

Drivers updated. Machine Restarted. Game reinstalled. Checked everything thrice. Resetv (1,2,3 numerous times)

Same result.  I have no vox in Open Melee.

To clarify... when I press the button I have mapped to transmit, the voice box highlights the channel like it should.  Just no vox, send or receive is heard.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2016, 02:08:05 PM »