Author Topic: Head position  (Read 816 times)

Offline 68EZPkns

• Zinc Member
Head position
« on: August 31, 2016, 11:21:37 AM »
I mostly fly the la7,typhoon and tempest.In AH2 I could slide my forward look back some. I like to slide my home pos back as far as i can so I can see all my gauges. Now in all 3 of these planes I cant slide back in the seat.I can only see the top gauges. In fact in the la7 you see any gauges.So I have to waste a button on my stick to look down so I can see them. Plus I like having a larger field of view. Can that be addressed?

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
Re: Head position
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 11:26:23 AM »
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 11:31:31 AM »
Plus I like having a larger field of view. Can that be addressed?

Intro screen - Video settings - adjust FOV to your liking. Default AHIII is 80, default AH II is 106.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline 68EZPkns

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 11:52:02 AM »
Ill give it a try whn I get on later, but still I cant slide back in the seat like you could in AH2, I wish that would could be reinstated in AH3.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 12:05:35 PM »
Ill give it a try whn I get on later, but still I cant slide back in the seat like you could in AH2, I wish that would could be reinstated in AH3.

Actually, when in the default position in the LA-7 (home) in AH II, you can't slide back in the seat either.

For comparison, 2 screen shots of the LA-7 cockpit in AH II and AH III. Both at  FOV 106, default position and trying to get back in the seat as far as possible:

You can see as much of the instruments in AHIII as you can in AHII
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline 68EZPkns

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 03:09:53 PM »
All I see in AH3 is the top half of the top gauges. Maybe its the Typhoon and Tempest I thinking of. I will try and play with the FOV whn I get home. I know in AH2 I could see all but the bottom of the inst panel. But lately iv been flying the N1K1 simply because I can slide back in the seat and see most all of the gauges. But Im sure I have the "set fov auto" picked.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 03:13:32 PM by 68EZPkns »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 11:35:01 PM »
The front view was tilted down to see the gauges with the narrower auto field of view. If you un-tilted the view you'll want to set a wider FOV like you had in AH2. You can move the pilot around the cockpit the same amount, it just seems like it's less because the FOV is narrower.

Offline 68EZPkns

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2016, 12:24:07 PM »
I set the FOV to 110 and all is good. I can slide back now.