Author Topic: ENY Again - Please Adjust it for Low # Times  (Read 4172 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: ENY Again - Please Adjust it for Low # Times
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2016, 12:33:20 PM »
It was pretty ridiculous. We couldn't win the map and now it will be up for another 5 days. Sigh.

The map was won, after you logged, while having ENY.

And oddly enough, at no point I was reduced to flying "a spad". No one was. I know things can get somewhat idfficult in some areas when ENY is at 29, but folks  were even stomping their feet when ENY was just 15.

The real reason the map dragged along longer wasn't ENY. It was lack of any leadership and a very poor choice of bases to attack. Like grabbing 2 rook bases when only some more Bishop where needed, attacking several Bish bases at once later on or taking a CV to attack a base with the town far meoved to the inland instead of the one next door with the town near the beach.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 12:37:41 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2016, 12:34:03 PM »
Ack... that does not explain why there are 3 sides  :bhead
Its the same argument I used with my daughters when they would
question me... "because I said so" was my reply.
But then they were 6 and 8 at the time  :old:
Ram

HiTech has stated in the past that in his experience a 2 sided war is worse than a 3 sided war in terms of having too many players on one side, ganging up on the other sir.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2016, 12:35:19 PM »
This night and morning it it had been the knights constantly outnumbering their enemy (at times by ridiculous amounts, promptly followed by ENY whines) and ultimately winning the map.
But we all KNOW it's only 'them', never 'us'  :banana:
I can't remember the last time I seen the bish not have the numbers in the morning...I bet if you could look up which squads are the most active during the morning you'd find the Alchemists and Jokers right at the top :aok
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2016, 12:49:09 PM »
Played a lot over holiday weekend...eny was in effect for bish almost entire time (played basically AH3, maybe a hour in 2)...never had a problem finding a ride...threads like this are for crybags that can't fly a pony every time they up... :rolleyes:

Your small sample is an outlier.     It also isn't applicable to the OP. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2016, 12:51:20 PM »

And oddly enough, at no point I was reduced to flying "a spad". No one was. I know things can get somewhat idfficult in some areas when ENY is at 29, but folks  were even stomping their feet when ENY was just 15.

The real reason the map dragged along longer wasn't ENY. It was lack of any leadership and a very poor choice of bases to attack. Like grabbing 2 rook bases when only some more Bishop where needed, attacking several Bish bases at once later on or taking a CV to attack a base with the town far meoved to the inland instead of the one next door with the town near the beach.

"Only" 15????

I got news for you, bud, when you have 6 players in flight and ENY of 15 that's a problem.

When the arena has 30 total players and we see ENY from 15-25 that's a problem.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2016, 12:53:19 PM »
I played last night in AH2 arena.

The eny was sorta stupid.

Either a lot of players switched, or they left. But it caused the knights to have a 25 eny cap.

Now the knights needed like 3 friggen bases on the bish to win the map, but noooooo, we had to fly Sopwith camels into spit16s and La7s and we couldn't even bring a plane that carried enough ord to keep the town and bases capped. It was pretty ridiculous. We couldn't win the map and now it will be up for another 5 days. Sigh.

Understatement of the year, my friend.

We supposedly have three sides and a sideswitch timer to tame ENY fluctuations, yet five of the last six times I've tried to fly ENY has bounced around like a basketball.   One minute it is 6.5 and then it is 25+.   Then back down to 9 back up to 21.  It's silly.

If the objective is to cause players to logoff then it is working BRILLIANTLY.

(I noticed the Bish were getting clobbered with ENY last night or night before.  That doesn't help either.  I want targets to shoot at.   ENY does NOT help that purpose.   It does NOBODY any good when players logoff, particularly with these massive maps that spread players thinner than melted butter on toast.)

If numbers are < 50 I think ENY should just be turned off.    Or perhaps split the ENY for GVs and Planes so one doesn't affect the other.   SOMETHING.

But then I guess we pay the same per month no matter how much or how little we fly so there is no motivation to fix it.

:bhead
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 12:56:35 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2016, 03:21:16 PM »
I don't need to revise.   

Try connecting the dots and you'll figure it out.

you connect them for me.  you say the front line is stagnant.  but when I log in I see a different map every time.  so that stagnant line somehow moves to captured fields.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2016, 03:40:34 PM »
you connect them for me.  you say the front line is stagnant.  but when I log in I see a different map every time.  so that stagnant line somehow moves to captured fields.

semp

There are plenty of people who know what I am saying.    Maps being reset at 3 AM when nobody is on is its own issue.

As I said, engage your brain.  Perhaps you'll figure it out.

(Added to ignore list before you bait me into a Rule #4.)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 03:43:08 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2016, 05:02:28 PM »

Eny bounced from 9 to 16 in matter of seconds, as I was about to roll a heavy hellcat from the CV. Couldn't even grab a jabo from the CV to actually do any real damage. We had 20 people at a base, couldn't get VH down, our tanks werent good enough, our fighters were out matched. All it took was 15 people to roll from the opposition to stop us. I was fighting F4FS against La7s and spit16s lol. Landed 7 kills and it still didn't help.

Maybe you captured the fields when they gave up and didn't put up a fight.  But when they actually defended their base, it was entirely unfair.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 05:05:00 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2016, 06:03:37 PM »

There are plenty of people who know what I am saying.    Maps being reset at 3 AM when nobody is on is its own issue.

As I said, engage your brain.  Perhaps you'll figure it out.

(Added to ignore list before you bait me into a Rule #4.)

nobody is on at 3am and yet map keeps being reset.

semp

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2016, 06:10:26 PM »
nobody is on at 3am and yet map keeps being reset.

semp

(snicker)
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2016, 06:31:16 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 02:02:45 PM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2016, 06:51:46 PM »
Ever heard of hyperbole?

Didn't think so.

Welcome to the ignore list.

that's what kills wishes.  on one hand you want eny gone because there isnt enough player, on the other you complain about players steam rolling the bases during low population and your last hand you claim that there's nobody on but bases are still being taken.

cant commit to a single statement.

semp

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2016, 08:06:36 AM »
Less than 100 people playing on the map does not need eny restrictions. Period. 

The fights generally aren't that lop sided with low#s, especially when the map is big. All it does is create an unfair advantage for the team with eny cap, which is not a correlation relating to the amount of #s. If it was 170 vs 60. That's one thing. If it's 60 V 45, on a big map, where 2 people switching or logging off creates a 5+ eny difference, it really makes it tough.

There is a big difference trying to take a map on prime time at 9pm est. V 1-5am est time.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2016, 08:58:28 AM »
I think the ENY works perfectly as is.
Wag more, bark less.