Author Topic: Vox stutter  (Read 369 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Vox stutter
« on: September 06, 2016, 06:56:07 AM »
Every time I key up vox I lag for a second, not visible from other planes but very annoying in a fight. What could this be from?
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Vox stutter
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 07:15:15 AM »
Do you have a DXdiag report?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 02:56:04 PM »
In AH2 this was often two things. If you are the only one lagging, your internet path to the VOX server. If everyone is lagging, something with the VOX server and probably a wide area internet issue. AHIII doesn't fix the internet.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 03:43:10 PM »
In AH2 this was often two things. If you are the only one lagging, your internet path to the VOX server. If everyone is lagging, something with the VOX server and probably a wide area internet issue. AHIII doesn't fix the internet.
It's only for my screen as far as I can tell, had Syko watch me when I keyed up and he didn't see any jumps but he also didn't see me jumping around at all from lag...shouldn't they be connected? Lag of voices and lag of planes location?
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 04:16:00 PM »
You might want to get Skuzzy to help you give him what he needs to do a back trace to you and look at your connection when he gets back. The path back is different than to path from you.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 06:12:42 PM »
I was getting it also yesterday when I was moving in a GV if I was topped it was fine.