Author Topic: Getting on the update train  (Read 2569 times)

Offline TheRapier

• Nickel Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron, My Little Pony
Re: Getting on the update train
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2016, 03:15:59 PM »
Thanks Bizman! appreciate the reply! I'm being a victim of busy days, I could swear I replied to this :)

That refresh rate is an artifact of the center monitor being actually a TV that is locked to that 25Hz. It can't be changed. It hasn't keep me from having frame rates in the hundreds in AHII so I'm hoping that AHIII should be the same.

The local Frys has a R9 380X in stock at the right price. It's looking pretty tempting and the score on your page is 5789 or so. Should be fast enough :).
--)-Rapier--
CO Musketeers
Longest continuously operating MMO squadron
Serving your target needs since 1990
They thought it would be a disgrace to go forth in a group.  Each entered the forest at a point that he had chosen where there was no path and where it was darkest. La Queste de St G

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Getting on the update train
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2016, 03:21:00 AM »
If your frame rates are in hundreds you don't apparently have vertical synchronization (V-sync) enabled. Just so you know, that might cause some tearing issues in the image.

I'd take a deeper look in the settings of the TV to find if there's a "PC" setting somewhere, allowing for 60 Hz. If not, a real monitor of the same type as the two other ones might be a good add-on on your shopping list.

The 380X will definitely be an upgrade. A rule of thumb I heard back in the nineties tells to double the performance level in order to really see any benefit. And getting it from a local dealer makes it so much easier to deal with potential warranty issues.  :aok
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni