Author Topic: Pre-release Patch 5 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 14399 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Pre-release Patch 5 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2016, 09:08:35 AM »
And finally for today, more a wish than a bug: I'd like to have the clouds less blocky. Especially when in bombisght above the clouds the flat squares do break the illusion somewhat.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2016, 09:41:29 AM »
And finally for today, more a wish than a bug: I'd like to have the clouds less blocky. Especially when in bombisght above the clouds the flat squares do break the illusion somewhat.

On that note, I'm assuming Blocky clouds are due to everyone seeing same set of clouds in the arena? 

GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline KillerPops

• Zinc Member
« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2016, 11:56:37 AM »
Noticed something weird yesterday. I was flying a TU-2 with two drones, then in front of me, 3-4 k maybe? another formation of three was attacked. When he lost one of the drones, my drones exploded like a mirror explosion of his. He lost another one, and my second drone exploded at the same instance. They simply exploded, no text or anything about getting killed.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2016, 02:29:22 PM »
I found a new (to me anyway) VR bug today. I have been flying P38L and did not see it there.
I tried a P51D and when I am in the cockpit in VR (cv1) if I look up at around 20 to 30 deg up the canopy frame (and clipboard if it's up) starts to move with my head as I continue to look up further. It only does this in some airplanes. I tried the p51, p47 and la7 which all had the problem. Playing around it appeared to be connected as to how close the head is to the back rest. If I leaned up it didn't happen but hard to be sure?
To duplicate sit in p51 center the headset and start looking up.

Terry
I believe you are just seeing your head not being able to move but still rotating? Is it rotating with your head or only
translating with your head?

HiTech

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2016, 02:57:58 PM »
I believe you are just seeing your head not being able to move but still rotating? Is it rotating with your head or only
translating with your head?

HiTech

I can't tell if it's rotation or translation. In the p51d as you move your head to look up, the front cockpit frame moves up also. In addition, I didn't think I had any issues with the p38, but if I move my head to the side, when it hits the canopy the canopy/airplane moves with my head as I continue to move to the side. Like when you are trying to look around the nose.
I guess the two could be related if I am hitting the top of the canopy with my head but I have no way to tell. I did try lowering my self but that didn't stop it.

If you can't duplicate it, I will go in today to see if I can notice anything else that would help.

Edit:
I just tried again and I think the it is translation as the whole aircraft moves. Also you can stick you head outside the canopy but even then you reach a point where the aircraft starts to move with your head.

Terry
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 03:08:27 PM by terrydew »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2016, 03:37:18 PM »
It seems the Rift allows more movement than the cockpit.

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2016, 03:43:58 PM »
Vox Bugs / Issues:

I've seen a number of comments with people having problems with Vox. I've also been informed by squaddies that I am having similar issues.

I've logged on and set the vox to tune myself and tested it. At some times during the day it sounds crystal clear and then when doing the same thing later it sounds like I'm in the bottom of a well / inside a tin can and difficult to hear me clearly. I've tried the .resetv command for all of the sound options to no avail. I've also verified I have no issues on my end as when the problem is happening I run Ventrilo in the background and it's crystal clear on there.

I also note that when I run AHIII in offline mode and tune vox to SERVER I also hear myself like I'm in a tin can.

I'm using a Logitech USB / Microphone headset and wondering if this may be the problem as I've heard others comment on the same?

Any ideas on this HiTech?

Cheers!
Elec1
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 03:56:57 PM by Electroman »

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2016, 03:59:29 PM »
Vox Bugs / Issues:

I've seen a number of comments with people having problems with Vox. I've also been informed by squaddies that I am having similar issues.

I've logged on and set the vox to tune myself and tested it. At some times during the day it sounds crystal clear and then when doing the same thing later it sounds like I'm in the bottom of a well / inside a tin can and difficult to hear me clearly. I've tried the .resetv command for all of the sound options to no avail. I've also verified I have no issues on my end as when the problem is happening I run Ventrilo in the background and it's crystal clear on there.

I also note that when I run AHIII in offline mode and tune vox to SERVER I also hear myself like I'm in a tin can.

I'm using a Logitech USB / Microphone headset and wondering if this may be the problem as I've heard others comment on the same?

Any ideas on this HiTech?

Cheers!
Elec1

DOH!!!  :bhead  :bhead  :bhead

I believe I found the problem. Looks like even though AHIII was selected to use my Logitech USB Headset microphone in the game it was actually using the default microphone from Windows (which was setup to be my webcamera mic). Once I made the default Windows microphone my headset mic all sounds good now.

Hopefully this helps others having issues with Vox.

Cheers!
Elec1

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2016, 05:06:30 PM »
Magnetic plant stops vehicles.  (Screenshot attached)

Also, there is "sticky mud" or something near P14 on the current map.  It looks like ordinary terrain, but will trap a vehicle.
I did a .psave but don't know where to find the data.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2016, 06:15:39 PM »
Radio Box Bug:

I undocked / unlocked my radio box (players list box showing transmit / range players) on the right hand side of scree. Used to be locked into upper right corner but when I went to move it now it will not go any further than 3/4 way to the right across the screen. Cannot get it moved back into upper right corner to lock so it's stuck in the right 3rd of my screen.

Using Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital (3840 x 1024) & GEForce 1060 card.

Cheers!
Elec1

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2016, 06:25:06 PM »
Magnetic plant stops vehicles.  (Screenshot attached)

Also, there is "sticky mud" or something near P14 on the current map.  It looks like ordinary terrain, but will trap a vehicle.
I did a .psave but don't know where to find the data.

I thought this might be a hitech funny, because the plant looks like a miniature banana tree, but it could also be that because it is labeled that (banana tree) that it is marked just like a full grown tree?

:banana:
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2016, 06:38:33 PM »
Seeing an odd issue when under <300 yards on someones 6. They appear to flip through random angles suddenly. Seems to happen with some players more than others, others have reported seeing me do it as well.

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2016, 09:18:56 PM »
When banked and looking down at clouds, they spin in place when you change the hat view.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2016, 01:32:02 AM »
Seeing an odd issue when under <300 yards on someones 6. They appear to flip through random angles suddenly. Seems to happen with some players more than others, others have reported seeing me do it as well.
Are you experiencing low frame rates at the time? I was flying with my boy awhile ago, and he was on my old desktop an I was in the brand new one (naturally). Any way, he was seeing me stutter and jump but his FPS had dropped from 55 to 21, were down low in the trees (Yes, trying to keep him from killing me). When we got to the port he was really complaining about it( 200 on my 6) as he couldn't hit me, I was stuttering so much. I  got him to over shoot, but then I noticed he was stuttering and jumping around. Got to looking and my FPS had dropped from steady 60, every where else, to a 32 FPS. My FPS always take that hit at a port, maybe just a lot for graphics card to render, but not sure
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2016, 02:11:21 AM »
SFMA2016 offline:

I was checking the 2 flak towers in the City Industrial Center.

1.  The north flak tower has 4 auto flak guns (gna) and they can be destroyed with the destroy objects option in arena set up.  (they appear normal)

2.  The south flak tower has 4 armored auto guns (gna) and 11 hard auto guns (gnh) which I could destroy in arena set up, but the 12th hard auto guns is labeled as a train object (trn000).  When I attempted to destroy the (trn000) gun in the arena set up, I got booted to desktop and the game closed.  I believe it's the same type of flak tower you fixed at the fuel refinery that had the same problem.  I tried several times to use the destroy objects option in arena set up to kill the (trn000) gun and was booted every time with the game closing also.

3.  I found no other abnormalities with all of the other flak towers.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 02:13:51 AM by 1ijac »
"One-Eye"